Zero Punctuation: The Year in Review - 2008

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Brilliant. Made my day Yahtzee thanks :).

Great video I have to say

No offense, but that was very cheap and not as entertaining as anything made from this year....because it was nothing but bits and pieces of reviews Yahtzee's done throughout the year. If you're going to do a "year in review", it's best to review the year and not make a "restrospective of this year".

Also....I know how much you just HATE MMORPGs (aka "Muhmorpugers"), Yahtzee, but it would be nice to see your opinion on Warhammer Online sense you already did a review on Age of Conan.

What the Fuck I've just spent at least half an hour trying to log into this stupid fucking site (mainly cause im drunk) just too let you know... (well i di'nt log in to say how good you can be .. more fool me but..) this is the most stupid (this is how angry/perturbed i am) clip show of something genuinely good iv ever seen . WHAT THE FYCK this could of been edited by primordial soup or.... well..... me... this is shit and i was just gettinhg into the thing, show, whatever, rant I spose, too oh well... sure you will redeem yourself blah blah... + portal RULES !!

The one problem I have with this video is the inclusion of the clip from a game released in 2007........I mean, couldn't have they picked a joke from any of his reviews of games that came out this year?

Why are there no Uncharted jokes?

My fav is the George Lucas one :P makes me lol (literally) everytime :P

TrampMagic:
What the Fuck I've just spent at least half an hour trying to log into this stupid fucking site (mainly cause im drunk) just too let you know... (well i di'nt log in to say how good you can be .. more fool me but..) this is the most stupid (this is how angry/perturbed i am) clip show of something genuinely good iv ever seen . WHAT THE FYCK this could of been edited by primordial soup or.... well..... me... this is shit and i was just gettinhg into the thing, show, whatever, rant I spose, too oh well... sure you will redeem yourself blah blah... + portal RULES !!

I never would have picked out that you were drunk. Are you really? I think you're lying. There's no way.

Awww, now I'm sad. I was really looking forward to some holiday jokes or spoofs of holiday time games. And it would have been nice to have included some kind of narrative, especially when most of these jokes are out of context.

Well played Yathzee, but I was kinda hoping to hear you bitch about having to work before christmas. :P

Alas, I'm sure Yahtzee has some very important beers that need attention this holiday season. :)

That quiz thingy wasn't that bad. What are the odds of winning - if we submitted every answer correctly (I had them all checked), do we win automatically, I wonder? That was an entire hour of my life. XD

kinda a punk move, but maybe he will have twice the review next week I mean he always bounces back, or we should focus like he prolly is on, family, and more important things like that.

He was probably making a new GameDamage episode this week.

I really wish that if ZP was going to not make a video for a week that they'd just admit it instead of posting old material. It's a little insulting, especially when every single one of these clips is no more than three mouse clicks away, which defeats the entire purpose of a rerun.

I usually hate this kind of summary clip kind of thing, but I just found it really funny, I had forgotten almost all the gags so it was like watching a 0. video that without any sort of plot or focused on any specific game.

Well... That was...... Unpleasant. Although I suppose even Yhatzee deserves a break every once and a while, and considering that it's Christmas, I'll forgive him this time for subjecting us to a clip show rather than a review. I just hope next week's review makes up for it.

Nice to get some time off eh Yahtzee? Here's to 2009 an dall the games you can skewer. Your reviews are a high point in my week (the other being Ninjutsu class). Keep on rockin'

I for one will say thank you for the recall. Even if 3/4 of the people didn't like it, I guess they never thought Yahtzee is human. He needs his rest.

In response to the contest...

Dear Yahtzee,

Instead of guessing...
I choose instead to haiku
ways that you're a douche.

These stupid contests,
so extremely typical,
of those that you mock.

You yourself are KING!!!
Of anti-establishment,
for frustrated nerds,

tired of the lame
trite and jaded storylines.
We all seek vengeance

for the grievances
that you so nobly point out.
For that, I thank thee.

So Please! I implore!
Avoid contests such as these!
And rise above all.

(or at least get some better prizes)

Sincerely,
JT

P.S. Happy Holidays!

hah...almost as bad as when they just posted an "encore" clip of a previous ZP.

It really doesn't work when all the previous episodes are only a few clicks away.

I for one, would much prefer a heads up that there won't be a ZP the next week rather than being treated like a fool.

Damn all these first posters with "Oh that was good as, thanks Yahtzee!" It was just a clip show for a contest. Quite a let down actually but at least the moments were quite funny.

I should finally stop trolling and actually post. Heh, It was a decent video, all of them funny moments from the year.

Like a few others, I didn't expect there to be a ZP vid today so even this one was a surprise and the guess the episode quiz wasn't all that bad. Have fun all those who love badges. :)

Merry Christmas all.

The end was really funny. I somewhat remember that happening, but it seemed like something new. Anyway. Yahtzee has sex with my mother bi-daily.

#2 had me stumped for a loooooooooooong time for some reason =P

Funny, because of this video im having nostalgia of a few months ago... curse my memory :/

I was very dissatisfied with this clip show. Zero Punctuations appeal(for me) lies in Yahtzee's unique perspective in his video game reviews.

Because there were no comments at the end, there was absolutely no new input. Yahtzee is probably on holiday and his editors just hashed that together.

Didn't enjoy it at all, I was hoping that the clips would make up funny sentences when strung together but: just a shit montage.

This week's video demonstrates pretty clearly that The Escapist doesn't really "get" Yahtzee at all (which, I guess, is why they haven't been able to successfully replicate his appeal in any of their other features - they genuinely don't know what to look for). Yahtzee's jokes taken out of context of the actual reviews fall completely flat, because it's the context of the review itself that makes his humour appealing, not the jokes themselves.

Also, anyone who plays computer games for a living does NOT need a holiday! I suppose I'll forgive him if he doesn't take New Years off as well...

sad face.

brabz:
Was kind of hoping for something new rather than a retrospective. Would have liked to see "Prince of Persia" review or maybe "Gears 2"

I agree. I have a feeling that he won't care for this prince of persia. I also think that pricne of persia hasnt been released in Aussie land yet. Also has he ever explained his ever present hate for Gears of War? I must have missed it.

Seemed like a nice recap of some of the best clips. But still, would have prefered the blood of some crappy game. I guess yahtzee is only human and needs to take some time off too.

...Wow. I don't know wether I should feel good or bad that I got 19/26 without guessing or checking, right off the bat. ^^;

EDIT: Make that 20/26. I misspelled the last one.

(Protip: There is not a capital Y in it...)

Like every clip show of every '80's sitcom I was forced to watch as a child, this left me feeling unsatisfied and a little disappointed. I can't wait until the "real" reviews start again.

I agree with BonsaiK.

Those clips taken out of context are not funny, and the whole recap got stale 2 mins into it.

And it's not like you can blame christmas break on the lack of effort because this was released on christmas, not made on christmas. Everyone else worked right up until christmas eve, so I don't see why Yahtzee couldn't.

Wow - that was Pathetic/Boring/Lazy. Just SAY that your taking the week off, don't half arse it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here