Titanic Conflagration

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

So this what happens when I pray for Microsoft to reveal their 'true' identity.
Always knew they were a demon or something.

I kid, I kid ... they made the Xbox360.
Though I hear the conversion to Demon form is pretty quick these days.

Or maybe the other reason why he "Burn baby burn" is because their was a Priest in the crowd send on a secret mission from the hidden order of Paladins to eradicate any dark minions.

... then they heard about the Xbon- ... Xbox One.

Lets see if MS can do a ... 360~!

OT:

I'm done with the jokes.
All I know is that MS is burning themselves. :P

The title is giving me Hunger Games flash backs. Don Mattrick the man on fire.

Look at that.

His pants are LITERALLY ON FIRE.

Would you buy a used console from this man?

Great comic :) The truly sad thing is that after talking with a friend of mine who is a district manager for GS, apparently in his district, pre-orders for the XBone are around triple what they are for the PS4 currently. So despite all the BS Microsoft has pulled, people are still jumping at the chance to own one.

Wasn't funny, but it didn't need to be. It was very effective at getting the point across. That is what is important here.

I can't honestly say I've ever seen a more eloquent interpretation of exactly went down on stage that night. I wonder how long it will take for someone to claim the flames made a rape joke?

I just want to see the data at Microsoft. They must have had some numbers indicating this was coming eventually, perhaps they just jumped the gun. I also think someone at microsoft genuinely thought PS4 was going the same route. Also... that someone is now probably out of a job.

Given your previous efforts, this comic just comes off as lazy, stretching a one-note joke into six panels when the joke's already been done to death.

...Yikes, that was terrifying. I didn't get it at first, but I might have an inkling after reading other comments. Still, Jesus...

When I watched the Xbone E3 press conference, it didn't seem THAT bad. However, I was watching the abridged version, so perhaps I was too busy laughing to see the truly damning bits.

Where's the aloe, where's the aloe, WHERE'S THE ALOE ?

Heh...hehe... dark.

Can't argue with the facts though.

Daystar Clarion:

Man, Sony will be talking about this one for years.

They should have had that Sony guy saying that in the last panel of that comic. lol

McMarbles:
Look at that.

His pants are LITERALLY ON FIRE.

Would you buy a used console from this man?

I was going to say that I was surprised the fire did not, in fact, start at his pants.

Ninja'd.

I'm sad so many people don't get it.
6:35 PDT was when Sony's conference was on, and when Jack Tretton laid the smack down on the XBone.
Some might say, he burned Microsoft; hence this comic.

Gotta say, this kind of overshot 'funny' and landed in 'slightly disturbing'.

That was oddly disturbing.

As in, I felt a bit queasy, got chills and felt like I had briefly entered a horror movie.

And then...

Daystar Clarion:

...you saved it. Thanks!

AC10:
I'm sad so many people don't get it.
6:35 PDT was when Sony's conference was on, and when Jack Tretton laid the smack down on the XBone.
Some might say, he burned Microsoft; hence this comic.

Oh... No I didn't get that at all. This is one of the times where the blog post underneath the comic would have helped.

Is it wrong that I have a boner now?

Ehhh. I think the fact that sealed the deal was the fact that Sony actually delivered a way better deal, with no DRM, no kinect, no mandatory internet and a lower overall price. If they had been stupid enough to follow in Microsoft's shoes, then M$ might have still been in with a chance....

I don't trust either of them. I'm of the impression that Sony is just riding the free PR that XB1 has given them and is planning on introducing their own type of DRM after they have their install base, and no one can do anything about it.

rbstewart7263:

Daystar Clarion:

Piorn:
I was expecting him to tell the audience that being on fire is the new thing. that they added a "set yourself on fire" button to the controller, and that the console would have to set itself on fire every 24 hours or else it catches fire, and so on.

You can only set yourself on fire in 21 countries though, anywhere else, and fire simply doesn't work.

what a slap in the face to poland seeing as witcher 3 will be on it.

I bet the next console cd supports will be a sony console.

Though I heard at least one early report claiming it as an XboxOne exclusive, the Witcher 3 is on the PS4 too.

What I'd love to see them do is give MS the same support they receive: delay the Xbox (and only the Xbox) release of it, to make it a launch title for Xbox Poland.

I think you all just need to be educated on why this is funny.

Conflagration... that's a word I haven't seen in a while.

Microsoft has been gift just keep on giving this week. Lots of entertainment, panic from fans, and endless stupidity...

Shadowsetzer:
Gotta say, this kind of overshot 'funny' and landed in 'slightly disturbing'.

Personaly i think it goes from funny, to slighty disturbing, and then back to funny again because of how over the top it is.

but no seriously what was that
I don't get it...

Imp Emissary:

Daystar Clarion:

Imp Emissary:

"set on ice"?

xD You mean they get frozen?
Sorry if this reads as trying to be mean. Was not the intent. What ya said just made me laugh.

Frozen? No, that's dumb.

You get set on fire, yes?

So the opposite would be to get set on ice.

God, don't you know anything?

No. No I don't.

It means set adrift... at least until the floe melts, then you'll be set a-drown.

Biodeamon:
but no seriously what was that
I don't get it...

I could explain it, but I think I'll leave it to the professionals... TB?

Well, that got dark. Do you guys sometimes intentionally not be funny?

I believe this is because of all the backlash Xbox One has been getting plus what Sony did to them (by stating they are not doing the same restrictions) thus the comic is showing that it's burning them greatly. Though in this scene it's literally burning them alive.. lol >_>

Should've been a panel with Richard Pryor saying: "Well, at least when I do this, it's in the comfort of my own home."

I find myself not laughing at this...

after 6 solid weeks of unfunny xbox one jokes, i'm thoroughly sick of your comic.

martyrdrebel27:
after 6 solid weeks of unfunny xbox one jokes, i'm thoroughly sick of your comic.

Considering the Xbox One was announced on May 21st, it also appears that you're thoroughly sick of math.

This is one of those strips where I can't tell if it's a subtle joke hidden behind an obvious one, or just an obvious joke and I am being an idiot for trying to find a non-existent subtle one.

Grey Carter:

martyrdrebel27:

Considering the Xbox One was announced on May 21st, it also appears that you've thoroughly sick of math.

Have I ever told you how much I love you sometimes?

Kinda agree with Happiness Assassin, I thought maybe there was some underlying clever joke in there apart from the over-exaggerated burning of M$ by Sony but I have yet to find it. If this was released a few days ago then it would have me in stitches but after a few days of laughing about it with my friends it's just kinda meh.

Ah well, there's Tuesday to look forward to =)

Edit: Oh new avatar Legion...yeah I'm pretty excited for Arise too!!

That would have been the best thing on the Livestream all day.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 67365)