Titanic Conflagration

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Grey Carter:

martyrdrebel27:
after 6 solid weeks of unfunny xbox one jokes, i'm thoroughly sick of your comic.

Considering the Xbox One was announced on May 21st, it also appears that you're thoroughly sick of math.

Well i have a theory of this
1. he is experiencing a sick version of Groundhogs day where he relieves the same month over and over but in a different reality all in which MS screwed up
2. He is a time traveler and is from 3 weeks into the future
3. He has the ability to see into the future and has been doing so since 3 weeks ago

each are possible

also how is the corpse not burning in the last panel?

I haven't watched E3, so maybe I'm wrong, but I think that it was about Microsoft being a bunch of liars and henceforth being on fire.

Keith K:
That is some subtle, subtle symbolism at work there boys.

It's not subtle at all. It's a commentary on the poor design choice to include recognition for the command "Xbox: incinerate!"

This is of course a comment on the red ring of death, where the 360 quite literally immolated itself to death and the prediction that the Xbone whilst possibly of a higher quality will instead both literally and figuratively set itself on fire. The possibly shoddy hardware on one hand and the PR department who thinks indignation is the best response to criticism on the other.

I was kind of hoping that poor ol' Don Mattrick's final pose would be to clutch the Xbox One against his chest, trying to protect it from the flames. But then again, the internet can take only so many references to the White Phosphorous incident from Spec Ops: The Line.

...Still isn't stopping me from writing my fanfiction casting John Riccitello as Col. Konrad, through.

Grey Carter:

Man on fire.

Because depicting a person literally burning to death is funny and/or absolutely necessary to make a point no-one has already made in the past yet

That's coo'.

Grey Carter:

martyrdrebel27:
after 6 solid weeks of unfunny xbox one jokes, i'm thoroughly sick of your comic.

Considering the Xbox One was announced on May 21st, it also appears that you're thoroughly sick of math.

haha nice. Got me there. I guess I could have said "after 6 strips about the Xbox one..." instead.

but seriously, you're not even a little excited about the XB1? Why the constant hatred? At least pepper in some Wii U and PS4 hatred as well. For example, if you read the specs carefully, you'll notice that the PS4 is powered by puppy hearts. Fact. Just saying, keep some balance. I've read this comic a long time and was really excited the time I noticed yu used Streetlight Manifesto lyrics at the bottom, but after 6 weeks (haha) of something I like ceaselessly blasting something I'm looking forward to, im starting to feel alienated. I certainly would never ask an artist to censor themselves, but maybe just mix up the focus of your disdain. that is all.

Gamegodtre:

Grey Carter:

martyrdrebel27:

1. he is experiencing a sick version of Groundhogs day where he relieves the same month over and over but in a different reality all in which MS screwed up
3. He has the ability to see into the future and has been doing so since 3 weeks ago

each are possible

I actually have time travelled. Well, transdimensional shifting is a more accurate way to put it, but I'll settle for time traveler in the interest of keeping it simple.

I take it that the escapist gang didn't like Microsoft E3 presentation on the XBone

martyrdrebel27:

Gamegodtre:

Grey Carter:

each are possible

I actually have time travelled. Well, transdimensional shifting is a more accurate way to put it, but I'll settle for time traveler in the interest of keeping it simple.

\

now come now dont make light of switching the world lines in order to seemingly travel across time

Exceptionally well drawn and I liked the over the top joke :)

Did anyone find a 6 panel comic of man burning to death, a well drawn replication of real life man, you know an actual person burning to death not funny?

I get the joke, har har Sony burned Microsoft. But this is really disturbing and kind of wrong. WOuldn't it have been better to just so the X1 combusting, instead of drawing this?

DragonKhan95:
-snip-

Grey and Cory needed to get this out of their system.

Griffolion:

DragonKhan95:
-snip-

By drawing a man burning? God help what's still in their system

DragonKhan95:

Griffolion:

DragonKhan95:
-snip-

By drawing a man burning? God help what's still in their system

Hey man, it's all therapeutic. They're really nice guys, promise!

pre-orders for the XBone are around triple what they are for the PS4 currently.

Well that would be the difference between our bubble (in which people actually pay attention to release announcements and MS is doomed), and real-life (where knowledge of MS policies is nearly non-existent, popularity depends almost exclusively on the games available, and MS has a big lead).

It's usually wise to assume people predicting the demise of one side or the other are announcing what they'd like to see rather than what it likely to happen.

I get what you guys tried to do, really.

That said, this just doesn't fit here. I've no idea why you guys would try to make such a comic without adding so much as a joke.

Just... think about it next time you try and do a comic like this one.

Daystar Clarion:

Piorn:
I was expecting him to tell the audience that being on fire is the new thing. that they added a "set yourself on fire" button to the controller, and that the console would have to set itself on fire every 24 hours or else it catches fire, and so on.

You can only set yourself on fire in 21 countries though, anywhere else, and fire simply doesn't work.

i lol'd.. so much.. so very much.

I think some pee came out.

disney needs to be put on ice next... for what they did to lucas arts

er, wait.

DragonKhan95:
Did anyone find a 6 panel comic of man burning to death, a well drawn replication of real life man, you know an actual person burning to death not funny?

I get the joke, har har Sony burned Microsoft. But this is really disturbing and kind of wrong. WOuldn't it have been better to just so the X1 combusting, instead of drawing this?

the xbox can't help the way it was created...jesus man, don't you have a heart!

ahahahahahahahahaha

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or