Project Spark Sparks the Xbox One's Imagination

Project Spark Sparks the Xbox One's Imagination

You can create any kind of game with the Project Spark toolset.

Read Full Article

It's a good thing this one is coming to PC as well, it looks interesting and it was the only game of the Microsoft conference I had any interest in. Because I'm certainly not getting an Xbox One for it.

So its a MS version of Little Big Planet Creative mode.
Maybe a little bit more powerful of a creation tool as its semi easy to try to one-up what is already there.

I bet you that 50% of what is made is blatant rip offs of classic retro games and the other half is phallic imagery.

chozo_hybrid:
It's a good thing this one is coming to PC as well, it looks interesting and it was the only game of the Microsoft conference I had any interest in. Because I'm certainly not getting an Xbox One for it.

I concur. Nice GCI filled Demo video, but wheres the actual product and what is the catch?

chozo_hybrid:

It's coming on the 360 as well, with interconnectivity between all platforms. I presume this is so those of us who play on PC or 360 can scream "Xbox off!" on voice.

I'm not getting Windows 8 Microsoft, stop pushing it.

As awesome as this sounds, given everything else Microsoft is doing with the Xbox one I cannot help but think that there will be some sort of a regressive expectation placed around the rights management. If you create an engaging game, I am sure the revenue will all be for Microsoft or something - kind of like the fanfiction stuff with Amazon...

carpathic:
As awesome as this sounds, given everything else Microsoft is doing with the Xbox one I cannot help but think that there will be some sort of a regressive expectation placed around the rights management. If you create an engaging game, I am sure the revenue will all be for Microsoft or something - kind of like the fanfiction stuff with Amazon...

I believe with Amazon's fanfiction the writers do get a portion of the proceeds, but your question is the same one I had. What kind of rights are held by the creators of each thing? Can I charge for the AI I develop? Can I keep someone from using it in their walking penis-creature?

This is starting to sound very familiar. Isn't this what XNA was for? And why did they scrap XNA again?

Yeah, not gonna convince me to grab an Xbox One even if it were exclusive to it, but sounds pretty neat.

Also I wonder what it says about the state of the industry when "games are all starting to feel the same" is actually being said in advertisements.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here