Escapist News Now: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare E3 2013

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare E3 2013

PopCap talks to us about their latest game in Plants vs Zombies.

Watch Video

Wait, wait, wait... wait.... Did PopCap just make Plants vs Zombies... CoD clone?!

I was so let down by EA announcing plants vs microtransactions 2, that this game that was announced the day after they fired George Fan just doesn't phase me. Wait, I mean this game that was so under wraps that no one knew about it.. just doesn't phase me.

I'm assuming airstrikes will be replaced with the Cob Cannons?

OT: I gotta admit, this looks like a pretty interesting twist on original gameplay. While it is very "Gears Horde" mode, I can't wait to see how they connect tower defense with TPS aspects.

Fan-TASTIC!

I always loved Grave Buster but it's pretty useless for most of the game, maybe now he can be some kind of Demoman.

Speaking of...

Cactus = Sniper
Pea Shooter = Scout
Threepeater = Heavy
Sunflower = Medic
Imitater = Spy
Torchwood = Pyro

I'll admit that the models on display are pretty true to the designs of the original PvZ.

But why they thought the audience for a single-player tower defense game was a natural fit for a multiplayer first-person-shooter is beyond me, other than that being EA they think everything should be multiplayer and have the possibility of real-money transactions.

Callate:
I'll admit that the models on display are pretty true to the designs of the original PvZ.

But why they thought the audience for a single-player tower defense game was a natural fit for a multiplayer first-person-shooter is beyond me, other than that being EA they think everything should be multiplayer and have the possibility of real-money transactions.

I think they are going for the gamers that love the PvZ IP, but play more than just tower defense games. I have friends that love PvZ and they also play a ton of Battlefield 3 and other shooters. I don't play many shooters, other than Halo, but when I do play multiplayer shooters, I like the strange concept type, example, Gotham City Imposters. That is why I actually like the looks of Garden Warfare.

this is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiierd!
but it looks interesting, ill see maybie ill play it :P

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here