The Escapist Presents: Guild Wars 2 Dragon Bash Festival

Guild Wars 2 Dragon Bash Festival

A special thank you to ArenaNet for the pinata and have fun at Dragon Bash everyone!

Watch Video

That was kind of Anet to send you that pinata.

Also what sort of sweets did you get from it? It didn't look like piece of Zhaitaffy or Jorbreaker.

If those sweets are like anything from those ingame dragon sweets, you DO NOT want to eat more one after the other in one session, otherwise you will be puking like my Asuran Engineer did when I got him to ate a few for the achivement!

Glad to see The Escapist got one too! looks like you had a lot of fun with it.

Its head on a pike, nice touch.

Egad, that's one tough piņata!!! :D Really nice of ArenaNet to send you one, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun with it! Loved the dragon's head on a spike, that was a nice touch.
The festival itself us fun, although some parts are a bit grindy (hitting 150 piņatas, firing 150 fireworks, eating 250 zhaitaffy) or a money sink (don't ask how much I spent on the moa races).
I still really like the festival, though, the redesign of Lion's Arch is gorgeous, the holographic dragon is amazing, and the Dragon Ball has been surprisingly fun. Kudos to ArenaNet for rolling out great content at this steady rate!!

Scarim Coral:
If those sweets are like anything from those ingame dragon sweets, you DO NOT want to eat more one after the other in one session, otherwise you will be puking like my Asuran Engineer did when I got him to ate a few for the achivement!

Fun fact: If you eat them underwater, you can't throw up. I learned that through an experiment. (Not an asura though, so... =P)

Eleima:
The festival itself us fun, although some parts are a bit grindy (hitting 150 piņatas, firing 150 fireworks, eating 250 zhaitaffy) or a money sink (don't ask how much I spent on the moa races).
I still really like the festival, though, the redesign of Lion's Arch is gorgeous, the holographic dragon is amazing, and the Dragon Ball has been surprisingly fun. Kudos to ArenaNet for rolling out great content at this steady rate!!

Indeed... Dragon Ball is a huge improvement over Crab Toss, even if some people are idlers who are just in it for the consolation prize. And yeah, the achievements are a little grindy. Got the last of the 300 holographic kills this morning, though. ^_^

Did you guys receive your Pinata late or were you just late to posting the video/doing the coverage? I ask because it would seem like Massively.com, MMORPG.com, IGN, and like nearly 1/2 a dozen websites had theirs up prior to the event (some by a week).

Listen, I know this was the week of E3 and all..but your E3 coverage wasn't all that amazing and most of the entire event circled around Microsoft-vs.-Sony in their new systems. A developer sent you guys real-world objects to have fun with and to try to cover their in-game event and free content for it's players. And you cover it many days late and around 4-days prior to it being over(ish).

For shame, Escapist, for shame.

*Deleted*, system error command termination code 66.

Eleima:
Egad, that's one tough piņata!!! :D Really nice of ArenaNet to send you one, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun with it! Loved the dragon's head on a spike, that was a nice touch.

CounterAttack:

Indeed... Dragon Ball is a huge improvement over Crab Toss, even if some people are idlers who are just in it for the consolation prize. And yeah, the achievements are a little grindy. Got the last of the 300 holographic kills this morning, though. ^_^

Urgh don't remind me of thegrid. It's already stupid that the Dragon Jade ticket is super rare. I had already open around 250+ coffer so far (I farming them in the bandit cave in Queendale when I got the time) and so far no luck but I did get that hologram undead knight from two coffer.
I guess some people are lucky than others since I was able to get that weapon ticket from the last event from my fifth crates which getting the crate itself was also quite rare.

I really liked the end when you brought out the hammer wielded by Nasrin (which I can only assume to be the Banhammer)
Nice touch on the impaled head and the sword planted in the body.

Oooh, this gives me an idea, why don't you guys have a contest?
The one that can remove the Sword from the beast shall be the one true Editor in Chief of the Escapist.

Deathfish15:
Did you guys receive your Pinata late or were you just late to posting the video/doing the coverage? I ask because it would seem like Massively.com, MMORPG.com, IGN, and like nearly 1/2 a dozen websites had theirs up prior to the event (some by a week).

Listen, I know this was the week of E3 and all..but your E3 coverage wasn't all that amazing and most of the entire event circled around Microsoft-vs.-Sony in their new systems. A developer sent you guys real-world objects to have fun with and to try to cover their in-game event and free content for it's players. And you cover it many days late and around 4-days prior to it being over(ish).

For shame, Escapist, for shame.

You were right the first time, we didn't get it until earlier this week.

That is cool of Arena Net, I recently got back in to GW2, and Dragon Bash was in full swing (excuse the pun).

Want one.
That having been said, while I'm certainly not gonna pass judgement over the whole event before it's over, so far it's a pale imitation of the ones they've had before, both in GW1 and GW2, especially with regards to temporary missions and mini-games. The new items were cool, though...

Still makes me crack up that they sent these pinatas out to so many people. But it's a nice touch that really shows the ANet team has some actual human beings working behind those computers.

I've been loving the event, too. I've made a ton of gold off of those Dragon Coffers. :3

Zhaitan fight in a nutshell.

The escapist has an office building? I guess that only makes sense, but for some reason I always imagined everyone worked from home.

CounterAttack:

Well... to be fair, these are meant to be earned over the course of the entire event, a.k.a., the month of June; you finished two weeks early. Though they do feel extremely grindy if that's all you're doing, especially the pinata smash one.

I'm just happy the Holographic Dragon Wings drop rate is significantly higher than the "purchase price" would seem. 100,000 candies is just too damn much; I don't care how "easy" they are to get. Or maybe I'm just lucky... I did pull another Risen Knight after I made my Colossus (knight is much cooler anyway).

2xDouble:

CounterAttack:

Well... to be fair, these are meant to be earned over the course of the entire event, a.k.a., the month of June; you finished two weeks early. Though they do feel extremely grindy if that's all you're doing, especially the pinata smash one.

I'm just happy the Holographic Dragon Wings drop rate is significantly higher than the "purchase price" would seem. 100,000 candies is just too damn much; I don't care how "easy" they are to get. Or maybe I'm just lucky... I did pull another Risen Knight after I made my Colossus (knight is much cooler anyway).

I'm annoyed that they buffed the hologram HP -_- my DD Zerker Ele could clear most camps in a map before they respawned.

And also "hit 150 pinatas", who thought that would be a good idea?

2xDouble:

CounterAttack:

I've been having a great deal of trouble getting anything good from the coffers. Earlier on, I have gotten about 4 risen knights, and I sold 3 of them. I managed to complete smashing the pinatas, eating the candies, killing the holograms, and firing the fireworks. I had a magic find rate of 92% and got 2 jade dragon weapon tickets after going through 10 rich coffers. The regular coffers haven't been so generous since yesterday. Got a crapload of candy and food, but even with the 92% magic find, I haven't seen the wings which I really want. Trying to grind for those things seems impossible even if you're given the entire month to do it. It took about 2 days to get up to 1000 zhaitaffys and about 200 of them were purchased from the marketplace. Overall, I don't really mind the achievement grinds. Just the candy grinds are getting on my nerves, lol. Otherwise, I love the event and I can't wait until more stuff is released on the 18th. I'm going to be all over it.

Nexxis:
I've been having a great deal of trouble getting anything good from the coffers. Earlier on, I have gotten about 4 risen knights, and I sold 3 of them. I managed to complete smashing the pinatas, eating the candies, killing the holograms, and firing the fireworks. I had a magic find rate of 92% and got 2 jade dragon weapon tickets after going through 10 rich coffers. The regular coffers haven't been so generous since yesterday. Got a crapload of candy and food, but even with the 92% magic find, I haven't seen the wings which I really want. Trying to grind for those things seems impossible even if you're given the entire month to do it. It took about 2 days to get up to 1000 zhaitaffys and about 200 of them were purchased from the marketplace. Overall, I don't really mind the achievement grinds. Just the candy grinds are getting on my nerves, lol. Otherwise, I love the event and I can't wait until more stuff is released on the 18th. I'm going to be all over it.

The wings don't drop from coffers. They're regular loot drops, added as an additional rare drop just like the candy and Coffers were (in common and uncommon slots, respectively). Of course, the Shattered wings are a sure thing if you complete the achievements, and 10 isn't too bad so long as you do at least part of the Story... or are really lucky at Moa Racing and Dragon Ball. Depending on the price of candy, I may be persuaded to give mine away for Holo Wing purchases.

Incidentally, looking at the TP pricing, your Holo Risen Knights and candy can earn you enough gold to outright buy the wings at a MUCH better rate than the 100,000 taffy grind. (By the way, did anyone else catch that as a reference? heh)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here