Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z Goes for the Laughs

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z Goes for the Laughs

A few reversals on the traditional Ninja Gaiden formula create a bizarre - and bloody - experience

Read Full Article

Well now that the series has finally stopped taking itself seriously, I might be able to.

DVS BSTrD:
Well now that the series has finally stopped taking itself seriously, I might be able to.

Amen. Zombies + Ninjas= Cool!

DVS BSTrD:

Likewise. After that rotting carcass that was NG3/RE's campaign (and gameplay, but that's another subject), a lighthearted NG sounds rather welcome.

Hmm... I'm getting a strange image of God Hand after reading all that...

As long as they keep Yosuke off any major part of this game, it should be fine. It was his fault to begin with for the whole "Ninja Gaiden 3" crap, which led to the rebranding of Ninja Gaiden 2's engine with all of Ninja Gaiden 3's stuff to make "Razors Edge".

The fact that he is saying that Yaiba is a serious character... well... seems just plain delusional to me. He lost that statement war the second Yaiba goes "Honor and death go together like hot sauce and my balls!". To be fair, their may be some honest to goodness bits in the game, and we'll have to wait to play it to find them. Kind of like Shadow of the Damned's main guy couldn't be seen as even close to serious, but you do get a sense of it by the game's end.

Also, Mr. Inafune, keep making awesome games. This looks fun so far, and I'm still enjoying Soul Sacrifice.

Edit:
Also, if you want to put "simple" and "Ninja Gaiden's combat" in the same sentence, I'll say this. It can't be any worse than how the original version of Ninja Gaiden 3 played.

"Honor and death go together like hot sauce and my balls."

Oh yeah, he went there.

Yeah, I know, I'm a complete dork, but damnit I've always been a fan of Team Ninja in general and the Ninja Gaiden games in particular. Gotta say I'm liking the way this one looks, it's a fresh take on the visuals and definitely seems like it's wanting to be more of a parody (story wise, at least) of the other games.

Hell, the guy's last name is "Kamikaze".

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here