Unskippable: E3 2013 Trailers

E3 2013 Trailers

Graham and Paul give us the a brief tour of what was shown at this E3.

Watch Video

I'm guessing it's the Murdered: Soul Suspect one. 'Cause that looks pretty interesting to me.

The "Uh-ho" when Square Enix pinged in was priceless.

Is it just me or did the guy in the Murdered: Soul Suspect trailer look ridiculously like Yahtzee, facial hair aside?

And I loved the "Uh-oh". Probably sums up how most people feel about Squeenix, at least as a developer.

A dying man is allowed on last cigarette, a dead man is not allowed cigarettes at all.

I'm guessing you like Soul Suspect purely due to the fact that you mocked it less.

"Aah! It's a Rat Thing!"

Nice to see more people referencing Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash.

At 3:21, the running animation locks just like the one from Terras Elin, a mixture of running/jumping/skipping in the air.

unacomn:

The cackle that startled out of me was so sudden I actually choked a bit on my own spit.

Well done, guys. Well done.

kogane:

unacomn:

The cackle that startled out of me was so sudden I actually choked a bit on my own spit.

That makes three of us.

So, who thought a dark re-imagining of Ghost Trick was a good idea?
Seriously, that's what it looks like.

I really cracked up at '...a sandwich.'

I was trying to guess which looked interesting and realised I'd already forgotten what the first game was =D Must've been riveting

(I do quite like my Final Fantasy on the other hand, FFXIII/2 did some interesting things and I always liked Lightning, it's just a shame they decided on the stupidest title possible. Final Fantasy as the second part*?)

*Actually, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy, sounds a little fetishistic

Yay! E3 Trailers! I'm glad you guys brought these back this year. I enjoyed the first two.

BTW, it had to Murdered: Soul Suspect. It was the only one that even looked interesting.

Also...HOLY HELL!! A Final Fantasy trailer with GAMEPLAY in it! It's a sign of the Apocalypse!!

unacomn:

Best joke of the episode! And well-earned too, for bringing back the blandest character to ever dress up in the least-practical set or armor since Red Sonya.

This is a refreshing change from the trailers of previous E3's; we can actually tell what the games are about this time!

Well it'd be pretty silly if the one you found sweet was the only one without any gameplay shown, right?
Lightning Returns is obviously just a continuation of a shit streak, and Wolfenstein is the same plus robots.

So it turns out it was actually a trick question to get the discussion going! None of them look particularly sweet! You're welcome, thread!

MichaelMaverick:
Well it'd be pretty silly if the one you found sweet was the only one without any gameplay shown, right?

You mean as opposed to the one where they had flashes of gameplay so short it was impossible to make any judgements based on it beyond "There are nazi robots, and you shoot guns."?

SirCannonFodder:

MichaelMaverick:

You mean as opposed to the one where they had flashes of gameplay so short it was impossible to make any judgements based on it beyond "There are nazi robots, and you shoot guns."?

Yes. As opposed to that one, and the other one that's exactly like that. You know, the ones that at least tell us what kind of game it is.

I don't think you thought this response all the way through.

Yeah but what about the mechs?!

That's a very important question we have here! And mechs before a space race is a little awkward (which could have happened without the Cold War and the space race; very easy to see with the ruthless expansion the Nazis enforced).

Was E3 just victimized by Godwin's Law?

Worth it for the Fist Of The North Star joke alone.

Man, Wolfenstein looks depressing. Who the hell decided to let the Nazis win the war? And then use cheap, recycled historical footage but with Nazis and Nazi symbolism instead of the people/symbols?

Don't care about Final Fantasy.

The last one is the only one that's even potentially interesting, but that may just be because we know the least about it.

Zach Meatfist sighting at 1:22

This is the best thing to come out of E3. Probably because strictly speaking it didn't come out of E3.

How dare you insult that man's excellent mustache? There will be hell to pay.

You gotta give the Final Fantasy guys props for knowing what their games are like. Like eight seconds into that trailer and we already have improbable brightly-lit structure, improbable train, improbable hairdo.

THAT WAS THE BEST FEDORA I'VE SEEN IN GAMES. GOTY

I was like, I need that Nazi game, Then I remembered, I'm a backer of it :D No wait, that's carmageddon: reincarnation

Wait... Wolfenstein? Well that was weird...

That skeleton should not be so agile... Wait, Snow? He's back too? Y'know what, I don't even wanna know at this point...

On the other hand, that Murdered game seems like it at least has an interesting concept to it.

When I saw Lightning's 90's style shades and try-hard getup, I lol'd. Hard.

OtherSideofSky:

We'll see. I'm not sure Ghost Trick would work that well without a touch screen, so I think this is something else.

Now I see why everyone disliked Lightning so much. I can't imagine listening to her drone on like that for the entirety of a Final Fantasy game.

sageoftruth:

OtherSideofSky:

We'll see. I'm not sure Ghost Trick would work that well without a touch screen, so I think this is something else.

I don't think it will necessarily play like Ghost Trick, although some of the core concepts will have to be similar, just that the premise looks pretty much identical. I really doubt it will manage to be as memorable as Ghost Trick was, anyway.

OtherSideofSky:

sageoftruth:

OtherSideofSky:

I don't think it will necessarily play like Ghost Trick, although some of the core concepts will have to be similar, just that the premise looks pretty much identical. I really doubt it will manage to be as memorable as Ghost Trick was, anyway.

Yeah, my first thought seeing that was 'So, Ghost Trick, but not as fun?'.

Not that there isn't room for other games like that. (I mean, Geist did it before GT)
I just wish your abilities will be limited, and that you're not just some super-ghost that might just as well be a living person with superpowers or something.

For the FFXIII vs.:
"You know who I am."
Judging by the voice actress, I wanna say Liara.

The Nazi Beatles were bigger than Jesus. Mostly because they would kill you if you weren't a fan.

The FF game was weird because nothing about the gameplay and the vocals seemed to match up. Like, if you listen with your eyes closed, you'd probably never picture that game.

And Murdered...

Andy Shandy:
Is it just me or did the guy in the Murdered: Soul Suspect trailer look ridiculously like Yahtzee, facial hair aside?

OMG, SOMEONE KILLED YAHTZEE!

Man I havent watched Unskippable in like 2 years.

Good to see they still do E3 Trailers.

I never played Wolfenstien. The only "nazi like enemies" I liked were either Millinium from Hellsing Ultimate or the Vanderich from Bleach.

Unlike everybody else here, I actually looked up what Lightning Returns: FF13 was about and how it played and I have to say: I'm pretty damn satisfied with what I'm hearing. Oh and Ali Hillis's voice has always been like that. You should listen to Liara's voice since they have the same voice actress

My guess is like everybody else's: Murdered Soul Suspect.

Well, Yajtzee had it coming, sooner or later this was bound to happen...

>Rapey

Aw man, who let Paul get into the Social Justice Tumblrs again?

Seriously, though the lady in the original picture didn't actually care, according to later interviews. She just thought "welp, he must be glad to be home!" basically.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here