Movie Trailers: The Wolf of Wall Street - Trailer

The Wolf of Wall Street - Trailer

From the director of The Departed and After Hours comes this tale of a modern Gatsby.

Watch Video

[From wikipedia] This film 'will tell the story of a New York stockbroker, played by DiCaprio, who refuses to cooperate in a large securities fraud case involving corruption on Wall Street, the corporate banking world and mob infiltration'.

Didn't get anything like that from the trailer... in fact I'd say it was the worst trailer I have ever seen... ever!

I am probably the only person on the planet that thinks Matthew McCo... however you spell his name is a better actor than Leo.

Christ, every time I see that kid these days, I see him around far, far better actors. I think he's entering Johnny Depp levels of "look at my acting! I bet you can't tell I'm acting! I'm playing challenging roles because my characters have accents! And costumes! I furrow my brow! I am ACTING!"

silentNate:
[From wikipedia] This film 'will tell the story of a New York stockbroker, played by DiCaprio, who refuses to cooperate in a large securities fraud case involving corruption on Wall Street, the corporate banking world and mob infiltration'.

Wait, really? Christ, all I got was "Here are some rich people being rich. The FBI showed up briefly, but didn't do anything. Now, back to rich people being rich"

Weird and very obnoxious trailer.

Hopefully the film will be much better.

So. . . what is the movie about? I'm guessing money. . . and women and of course Wall st. but is there a plot? Story?

-M

So... here's hoping that these douchebag characters get taken down by those FBI guys? I mean seriously, there's being the 1% and there's being the guys that all but admit they cheated their way to the top and then fuck about in self-indulgent debauchery when they get there.

leviadragon99:
So... here's hoping that these douchebag characters get taken down by those FBI guys? I mean seriously, there's being the 1% and there's being the guys that all but admit they cheated their way to the top and then fuck about in self-indulgent debauchery when they get there.

Well it's a Scorsese movie so I'm pretty sure the assholes will get their come-up-ens soon enough. Hell that is what happens in the memoir the film is based on.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here