Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Fire-Breathing Dragons

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Madam, you have a remarkably tolerant cat.

I'm surprised Deathwing didn't make the list. I'm also kind of surprised Alduin made the list. I mean, as much as I love Skyrim the dragons certainly aren't its strong point. But if a dragon from Skyrim had to be chosen, I would choose Paarthurnax, because he is my bro.

JaredXE:
But Ridley is not a Dragon.....

Yeah, that's a cock-up. Replace Ridley with Charizard and you'll be more on track.

Ridley is a flying lizard that breathes fire given the many styles and appearances of video game dragons I wouldn't call it a cock up maybe a little stretch but still liked he was there. The problem with a top 5 is I keep going what about? what about? However, if any of those dragons didn't make the list I'd probably be saying what about spyro or alduin. We need like a top 50 dragons.

bluerocker:

-Dragmire-:
... No Angelus from Drakengard... NO ANGELUS FROM DRAKENGARD!?

Well, she did appear in the little clip show at the very beginning... But I am kinda sad she never appeared on the list itself. :(

Riding that dragon after fully upgrading her fire blast and basically nuking all the ground troops is an experience I have not received anywhere else. I was really hoping she'd be on the list.

... I gotta replay Drakengard now.

-Dragmire-:

Riding that dragon after fully upgrading her fire blast and basically nuking all the ground troops is an experience I have not received anywhere else. I was really hoping she'd be on the list.

... I gotta replay Drakengard now.

Ah, good times....

DANGIT! I want to go pay Drakengard again too! XD

Still, it's nice to see some people who know about the game aside from Dark Id's LP. :)

Captcha: River Styx
Where everyone's who faced Caim and Angelus went.

bluerocker:

-Dragmire-:

snip

Captcha: River Styx
Where everyone's who faced Caim and Angelus went.

Still a better place than where Caim and Angelus went...

The only happy person that went with Caim/Angelus was Arioch... because of her hunger...

Too bad the sequel wasn't nearly as good. Still, I own both so I'm quite happy! ;)

Grigori? Ur-Dragon? Come on...

Odin Sphere. Yeah, i remember not playing that. Good times.

So is Skylanders worth it as a game? Can I have fun with just the three starter figs or do I need to buy the physical DLC? I mean, I used to be a big fan of the Spyro series, but if Skylanders casts him to obscurity I won't approve of such a disgrace with a purchase.

Huh... When Lisa mentioned Bahamut, I thought we'd get this joke:

http://www.collegehumor.com/embed/6744800/final-fantasy-vii-controversy

I'm pretty sure Charizard is Boss. I best the elite four and the hole game of leaf green and soul silver with him.

DRAGONS!!!!!

That is never "it" for dragons.

Dragons are awesome!

I think props needs to go to the great Wyrm Red dragon from the old D&D arcade game, where it's like "Which path do you want to take? Safe path? Dragon path?"

>Dragon Path

"Are you sure?"

>Yes

"Are you REALLY sure?!"

>Yes

"Eh... it's you're quarters, sucker."

-Dragmire-:

Because it was a TERRIBLE game that should never... EVER! Be mentioned.

A top five dragons in gaming list with no breath of Fire? The entire series-five games was all about dragons! You got to turn into dragons, how awesome is that? Thousands of possible transformations In BoF III, if memory serves-thanks to the Dragon gene system.

Gxas:
That 2012 NBC sitcom burn.

Oh how it does burn so.

Whitney, are you still in pain? Does it hurt? Good.

The best thing about shows like this being cancelled is when they make it to E4 over here in the UK, where they immediately bleed the current imported American sitcom of the hour dry with endless reruns and ads every 5 minutes that make you hate the thing without even needing to watch a single episode. So, now that The New Normal is gone, is there any chance New Girl, 2 Broke Girls and How I Met Your Mother (especially that one) could follow suit?

Oh, and cool video again Lisa. Almost forgot about that. I would liked a mention of Atolm from Panzer Dragoon Saga, though you could argue that it wasn't really a dragon, nor did it ever breath fire, if I recall.

Ah, dragons. Seriously, I think they were made for video games. There is no other explanation! Dragons are just too damn awesome. Fighting, calling on, riding, or whatever form they take in a game is always great. No idea why that is.

And I really need to think about getting Spyro and Odin Sphere. I hear so much good stuff about them.

Oroboros:
A top five dragons in gaming list with no breath of Fire? The entire series-five games was all about dragons! You got to turn into dragons, how awesome is that? Thousands of possible transformations In BoF III, if memory serves-thanks to the Dragon gene system.

I know, right? Someone else asked the same thing, earlier. How can you not even mention a game that let you turn into a dragon?

But what is this about five games? I know of no fifth game...
Dragon Quarter does not count in my book.

karma9308:
That doesn't look like Spyro...what did they do to you!? You look so...(sobs)

Overall good list, Kevin segment was funny.

... Yeah... welcome to 2013, where all of our childhoods have already gotten raped or in the process of being raped.

Aside from that, I personally haven't played any Skylanders game, but I've heard they're pretty awesome, notwithstanding Spyro's appearance.

I have Odin Sphere... but I don't have a PS2 to play it on... :(
Meanwhile, I loved Drakengard and Angelus totally rocked "Never forgive, never forget". But there are tons of awesome dragons out there so I'd have to be pretty happy with that list.

I've also got a weak spot for Rathalos from Monster Hunter.

The tiny dragon mascot!

I love him! keep him, he's so cute!

also another top 5

wait, that dosen't work..

another top, top 5.. yes.. you know what i mean.

Jierdan Firkraag from Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn.

Also, in Altered Beast stage 2, you get to turn into a Dragon!

But seriously, Jierdan Firkraag. He seriously pwns your butt.

What about Volvagia from Ocarina of Time or Valoo from Wind Waker!?? D:

But seriously, there's sooooooo many awesome dragons in videogames, it's practically impossible to condensce this into a Top 5, this should be a Top 100 easily :D

But great picks otherwise, especially Kevin :D

Imp Emissary:
Ya can't have a top dragons of video games list without Spyro. You just can't!

The other picks were pretty good too. I like that the number one spot was given to the winner not just because they look cool, but also because they make you care about them in the game.

Great picks, I approve. =w= b (<- Thumbs up face.)

Spyro? SPYRO!? The Purple Menace deserves to be on no lists!
I've picked up a bunch of new dragons to put on my "Shit to Destroy" list.

Glad to see some Trogdor love :D

-Dragmire-:

Agreed, as crazy as the story could be in those games...

You really start to feel for Angelus and Caim. Specially once you play through Drakengard 2 and see the conclusion to their whole story.

Then there is the ending to that game as well...

Draconalis:

-Dragmire-:

Because it was a TERRIBLE game that should never... EVER! Be mentioned.

Awww, Drakengard is one of my top 5 PS2 games. The story gripped me from start to finish enough times to unlock all of the content. The major complaints that I've heard with the game were repetitive combat and grinding to level up weapons, neither of which bothered me.

Oh, and some people were freaked out by some of the endings... I can understand that.

KubuTsukareta:
So is Skylanders worth it as a game? Can I have fun with just the three starter figs or do I need to buy the physical DLC? I mean, I used to be a big fan of the Spyro series, but if Skylanders casts him to obscurity I won't approve of such a disgrace with a purchase.

The first three figs are cool, and will get you through the whole game.
But to get all the side content, you'll have to at least 5 extra characters. One of each element to get past the different side gates.

But really if ya want you can just get the first three with the game, and that's all you'll need. As for how Spyro is in the game? Well, I only played the first game, so I don't know if it changed in the next, but the story isn't focused that much on the playable characters sadly. Shame because some of the backstories they have are pretty neat.

But I would recommend it as a game to play with friends and family. Plus, the figs can be used for any system. As long as you have a portal of power, and the systems version of the game. The games seem to be getting better as they go one too.
Maybe wait for the next gen to give it a try, or get the second game, Skylanders Giants.

If none of that interests you, and you're just a fan of Spyro. Well, the game may not be for you.

Lisa, you...

You used the Legend of and Skylanders Spyros?

I'm sorry, but those are not Spyro. They're abominations.

Beffudled Sheep:

Imp Emissary:

The other picks were pretty good too. I like that the number one spot was given to the winner not just because they look cool, but also because they make you care about them in the game.

:( Aw.

Even though I didn't agree with all the choices that was a fantastic top 5! Trogdor and Charlie the Unicorn references: GOLD!

Imp Emissary:

Beffudled Sheep:

Imp Emissary:

Sadly neckbeard is the only type of beard I can grow... And I haven't shaved in a while... Oh GOD D:
And I'm not jealous! Spyro and dragons are ugly while we sheep are majestic and adorable but also proud!

I don't know what misshapen crime against childhood you were showing during #4, but that shit was NOT Spyro.

Robot Number V:
I don't know what misshapen crime against childhood you were showing during #4, but that shit was NOT Spyro.

:( Yeah, I hope they give Spyro back his old face soon.

Beffudled Sheep:

Imp Emissary:

Beffudled Sheep:

Sadly neckbeard is the only type of beard I can grow... And I haven't shaved in a while... Oh GOD D:
And I'm not jealous! Spyro and dragons are ugly while we sheep are majestic and adorable but also proud!

:D Ah. Sheep.

-Dragmire-:

Awww, Drakengard is one of my top 5 PS2 games. The story gripped me from start to finish enough times to unlock all of the content. The major complaints that I've heard with the game were repetitive combat and grinding to level up weapons, neither of which bothered me.

Oh, and some people were freaked out by some of the endings... I can understand that.

I did everything I could to save my bitch sister, and then she goes and kills herself?

That game literally drove me crazy for a night.

Also... the mechanics sucked... fly around killing armies on your dragon who can't fight back, then jump down and kill the red once that hurt you for killing them on dragonback.

Imp Emissary:

Robot Number V:

:( Yeah, I hope they give Spyro back his old face soon.

Beffudled Sheep:

Imp Emissary:

:D Ah. Sheep.

Thats not fair! He always gets our civilians when they;re just frolicking around! He never has the balls to stand up to our soldiers!

Hmm, does Flemeth from Dragon Age count? Her true nature is ambiguous, but she does seem to prefer the form of a dragon for serious fights and her acerbic wit it also rather fun.

Am I the only one who feels that last weeks debacle should have been addressed?
(In it's own video or tacked on to this one.)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here