EXP: Real Trailers - Final Fantasy XIV: Realm Reborn

Real Trailers - Final Fantasy XIV: Realm Reborn

What the trailer for Final Fantasy XIV: Realm Reborn SHOULD say.

Watch Video

... so the trailer should say that ScrewAttack doesn't pay attention to anything but promo videos? o O;

The only video that had the magitech armor in it was a promo video, not a trailer.

Screw Attack, making awful tasteless videos appealing to pre-teen boys since .... forever! Serving us the same old crap but ... with even more crap! Slap a self-proclaimed comedian on the cover and you have yet another unfunny video!

In all seriousness though, why does every game have to break the mold? GW2 destroyed its unique prequal and made a WoW clone with Rift features and no end-game and you people lapped it up. oh well, its dead PvE and half dead SPvP speak volumes.

MMO gamers don't even know what they want anymore.

FFXIV is actually shaping up really nicely, and yes it caters to Final Fantasy fans, how dare they!

I am not negative against the realm reborn. Yes the first was a bit yeah but it is done. Now it looks pretty decent and once we see actual gameplay elements in effect/use and get some hands on with the 2.0 things become clear.

Lets just say I have Good Hope that it will be quite a bit better then it was before and that it will be pretty decent.

It seems to me that we, as gamers who have paid for, played, and then regretted paying for terrible games, should be praising Square Enix for recognizing that the game they originally released was not very good. The fact that they have scrapped the original and are re-releasing the game with numerous enhancements and promised bonuses to those that played the original should be something we laud rather than criticize.

I'm looking forward to this. We've been playing the beta and we've already ordered two copies for when it's released. Yes, it's a bit generic, but it's a MMORPG.

I like how it really plays up the crystal theme. I like how it has so many little easter eggs and nostalgia inducing points. I like the horribly punny quest titles.

I like how visually stunning the game is. I like that it's now doing its best to cater to as wide an audience as possible while still staying true to Final Fantasy basic while incorporating some of the best features of WoW and Guild Wars and it's predecessor FFXI and so many other well loved games.

But go ahead with the cheap shots, the less people playing the less waiting I have to do for respawns.

What a cheap shot at FFXIV Realm Reborn and Square Enix. You guys must be just as Cheap or just as Shallow.
I'v Played in the Beta Testing, so far i like what they did to the game.
You guys should spend more time on how Microsoft tried to screw the gamer's on Xbox one, after they saw how Sony got it right and presales. Microsoft did a 180 and changed their tune.

masticina:
I am not negative against the realm reborn. Yes the first was a bit yeah but it is done. Now it looks pretty decent and once we see actual gameplay elements in effect/use and get some hands on with the 2.0 things become clear.

Lets just say I have Good Hope that it will be quite a bit better then it was before and that it will be pretty decent.

I have faith that A Realm Reborn will be good. Because if it isn't, Square Enix will lose even more money.

And Square Enix doesn't like losing money. Nor do they like the idea of one of their numbered titles being considered a failure. In fact that's why I think they keep making Final Fantasy XIII games. Because after the reception XIII got, they made XIII-2 tailor made to every single complaint people had about the game.

Square aren't like SEGA is with Sonic the Hedgehog. Where, when a blunder like Sonic 2006, they don't even attempt to fix the game and recoup their assets. They just abandon the game and pretend it never existed. Square seem to care about keeping the Final Fantasy brand something consistent. Like little perfect packages. Unfortunately, Square haven't been very good at doing that in recent year. But you can tell they're not content to let a single one of their numbered Final Fantasy games be a complete failure.

They're going to work on this game until it is really polished and good. Hopefully, it'll be that way out of the box with A Realm Reborn. I'm sure they've been trying.

EstrogenicMuscle:

Hence why I have good hope they have made some not as great games that is to say to be fair. But yeah they try to make good games and they do improve if there is something like FF XIII happening.

FF XIII isn't the worst Final Fantasy Game. It just did change to much to quick. And Final Fantasy XIII-2, though not perfect no, did fix a few issues and made it quite nice indeed.

So yes Square can fix this.. and make something pretty neat. We just have to give them the chance. So yeah we have to see, what I like to see soon is actual gameplay.. actually how things work! And maybe even a small side quest to show what the game is doing there. Throw is a nice boss fight at the end of the video and it will be awesome.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here