EXP: DEATH BATTLE! Kratos vs Spawn

DEATH BATTLE! Kratos vs Spawn

Episode 10 - God of War vs Todd McFarlane's Spawn! Kratos, the demigod who brought down Olympus, faces Spawn, the demon-warrior who conquered Hell itself. Which God-killing warrior will rise to the top?

Watch Video

Yeah! Spawn! Fuck yeah!

Though I have to admit, that was quite a bit short for my taste. Still, this is only the tenth episode, and I'm glad that DEATH BATTLE! is being uploaded.
So when are you guys going to give the Escapist the gift of Superman vs. Goku?

Still one of my favorite episodes of Death Battle. And this is coming from a Kratos fan.

Don't know which episode I like better, this one, the free-for-all between the TMNT, or the epic battle between the Goomba and the Koopa-Troopa.

On another note, I've been looking forward to Bison vs Shao Khan, that one should be up here in a couple days if it's not up already.

Dude who quite literally cannot die vs dude who can die from any random sword. The outcome was obvious from the start.

Spawns' failed trolling was quite funny though. "Ha, I can fly and you OH SHI"

kailus13:
Dude who quite literally cannot die vs dude who can die from any random sword. The outcome was obvious from the start.

But he can. Decapitation.

saintdane05:

kailus13:

Yes, but if his opponent doesn't know that then there isn't much of a difference.

I always liked spawn when I was a kid...

I wonder if that was warranted... but I'm too lazy to go read it all.

Remember back when GoW was a single game?
I remember one of the interviews from back in the days "We wanted to tell a story and we did, no point in forcefully extend the story to make more games...."

Look how far we've come XD

Originally I thought Kratos was going to win simply because of the Sword of Olympus, but I had forgotten how much punishment Spawn could actually take. The chest blow probably did drain a lot of Spawn's energy...but Kratos is much more mortal than Spawn when all is said and done.

I doubt they would fight; since spawn can read minds, he'd see that Kratos has a similar past of being screwed over by gods.
They'd recruit each other for future fights or go to a bar and be best bros :p

I can't wait to see what happens when they bring Goku vs. Superman here. Gonna be a debatefest up in this board!

The Great JT:
I can't wait to see what happens when they bring Goku vs. Superman here. Gonna be a debatefest up in this board!

Especially since the new movie came out. They're probably going to have to redo it.

kailus13:

saintdane05:

kailus13:

Yes, but if his opponent doesn't know that then there isn't much of a difference.

does it matter? Kratos decapitates people in his sleep.

It's his thing.

daxterx2005:
Remember back when GoW was a single game?
I remember one of the interviews from back in the days "We wanted to tell a story and we did, no point in forcefully extend the story to make more games...."

Look how far we've come XD

To be fair, David Jaffe created God of War but he didn't make any of those sequels.

man when they finally get to Goku V Superman! lol

kailus13:

Kratos is a total stranger to nigh-invincible people AND decapitations, after all.

I've watched quite a few of these on Youtube, and some were good. Though they lost me a few weeks ago when I watched the one where Starscream lost to a pony(outcome was obviously decided over fear of wrath from the pony community if the pony lost). Haven't watch any since.

Also Batman vs. Spiderman wasn't right either.

What they DIDN'T show, was the part where Kratos climbs out of hell, gaining a series of magic skills and weapons, seeks out Spawn and kills him in vengeance.

Shame, really.

chikusho:
What they DIDN'T show, was the part where Kratos climbs out of hell, gaining a series of magic skills and weapons, seeks out Spawn and kills him in vengeance.

Shame, really.

This.

Killing Kratos just makes him angrier.

I disagree with this video simply because Kratos actually taking a deathblow on a mortal plane means pretty much nothing.

But seriously, they're pretty much the same character (except Kratos is more rage and less angst), so I kind of doubt they'd ever fight anyway xP

Spawn wins by sheer virtue of having been voiced by Keith David, in my book. Although, having tried to go back and read a few dozen of the books over the past few years, I can definitely say Spawn's overall theme and aesthetics haven't aged gracefully at all.

Or is because the 2010s ushered in some sort of new take on apathy that I can't be bothered to care about Al Simmons' plight? It all just seems OTT to me, now, rather than compelling or even interesting enough to page through on rainy days.

Ferisar:

chikusho:

Shame, really.

This.

Killing Kratos just makes him angrier.

I disagree with this video simply because Kratos actually taking a deathblow on a mortal plane means pretty much nothing.

But seriously, they're pretty much the same character (except Kratos is more rage and less angst), so I kind of doubt they'd ever fight anyway xP

On the other hand, simply being in front of Kratos is reason enough for him to kill you. :P

LordTerminal:
Still one of my favorite episodes of Death Battle. And this is coming from a Kratos fan.

Really?? I thought the 2D took away from the fight. It felt meager to me compared to others.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here