The Escapist Presents: DuckTales: Remastered Interview

DuckTales: Remastered Interview

Ashley Esqueda speaks to Capcom about the upcoming remake of the classic platformer DuckTales

Watch Video

I cannot tell all y'all how much I played this game back in the day. So much fun. And the songs were memorable.

To hear everything about this game being remastered in authentic Disney, to include the voice actors, makes it all the more appealing.

Cannot wait to play this game again.

My first ever console was the Game Boy. My first ever game was DuckTales. Nostalgia seems too small a word.

Holy *beep* I'd pre-order the sh*t out of that game if it's going to be released on Steam. So much fond memories from that game. Oh and if they are at it, please re-master the Darkwing Duck game if possible.

I honestly don't get the appeal or understand the excitement for this game???? Was a fan of the show but never thought to get the game...

Mr_Terrific:
I honestly don't get the appeal or understand the excitement for this game???? Was a fan of the show but never thought to get the game...

Did you play the original game? It was really fun back then: challenging (for me at that age), recognizable, good level design and it had some good mechanics. Let's hope it's still as much fun now.

Played the HELL out of this as a kid. I think it was the first game I actually beat

I am so excited about this. A little disappointed by the $15 price tag, but I'll bite. Especially since they have added additional levels and whatnot. Really excited that they wrote the new music as 8-bit music first and then translated it to more modern sounding means.

Yes thats all well and good but what about the moon level?

How they treat the moon theme is what will determine the success of this game! (slight over dramatization)

Despite having grown up with a NES, I never played this back in the day, but I did grew up watching the show and I loved it to bits, as a fan of retro platforming, this will be on my priority list. :)

Also, I'd like to see more works from WayForward making their way to PC and other playforms, like Contra 4, Shatae and Aliens: Infestation (especially Contra 4).

Reynaert:

Mr_Terrific:

Did you play the original game? It was really fun back then: challenging (for me at that age), recognizable, good level design and it had some good mechanics. Let's hope it's still as much fun now.

Missed out on this one. I did play the hell out of Chip and Dale though...and later on Aladdin and Lion King for the Genesis...which were surprisingly good.

It has been a long time since any game has elicited a "Shut up and take my money!" reaction from me, but that sums up this game. It can't come soon enough.

Mr_Terrific:
Missed out on this one. I did play the hell out of Chip and Dale though...and later on Aladdin and Lion King for the Genesis...which were surprisingly good.

Now that you mention it, I did also play that Chip and Dale game. Good times. Is it nostalgia or were there just a lot of quality licensed games when I grew up.
I didn't have a Genesis or SNES so no Aladdin or Lion King for me, but I've heard good things about those games (especially Aladdin).

Now this is a remake I can get behind! This summer? When this summer?!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here