The Escapist Presents: The Best Games Without Guns of E3 2013

The Best Games Without Guns of E3 2013

Ashley Esqueda checks out some of the coolest non-shooter games from E3 2013.

Watch Video

Does The Lone Ranger part of Disney Infinity involve guns?

Baldr:

Probably gunna replace it with a lasso. Or throwing sticks of dynamite.

My OCD wants to adjust her glasses.

Tearaway is a game I'm looking forward to a lot, same goes for a lot of nintendo's IP.
There's also stuff like Rain and contrast i'd like to learn more about, as well as transistor

Busard:
My OCD wants to adjust her glasses.

Thank you!
Outlast looks cool. A game that invokes the flight response rather than the fight response.

I'm super excited for Below! I absolutely loved Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery; especially the music by Guthrie. That forest scene where you could play along was where I spent nearly two hours of playtime. No joke.

Ah, Disney/Pixar nostalgia, I'm almost sold. The idea of the Skylanders (10 bucks a pop) type system has me leery though.

Reyalsfeihc:
snip

Love that avatar.

Endocrom:
snip

Thanks! You have no idea how long it took me to compress it to a size acceptable for this site.

Still totally worth it.

D'awwww, Tearaway looks super adorable.

My vita's been gathering dust for a while now, but this looks like the game that will make me pick it up again.

And it's developed by Media Molecule, so I can only expect my inner child to come out again like it did with LittleBigPlanet.

But it's too bad I won't be hearing the soothing voice of Stephen Fry as I play through it. :(

DVS BSTrD:

Baldr:

Probably gunna replace it with a lasso. Or throwing sticks of dynamite.

I was talking to a friend who demo-ed it. He said they painted the end of the guns orange like they do with toy guns.

Does learning the guitar using Rocksmith work?
I mean can you really learn the guitar just from this game/program or is more like "hey it has modes that allows you to train certain elements that you original learned at some sort of professional training"?
Just wondering...

I hadn't even considered that such a good variety of games these days don't make use of guns.
Colour me excited :3

all nice and good, but they are only for consoles. outlast looks like a game i would like to play but no, PS4 only. not very useful for a pc gamer like my self.

What! No Pikmin 3!? I am disappoint...

No mention of Super Smash Bros?
BLASPHEMY!!

Ishigami:
Does learning the guitar using Rocksmith work?
I mean can you really learn the guitar just from this game/program or is more like "hey it has modes that allows you to train certain elements that you original learned at some sort of professional training"?
Just wondering...

A guitar magazine I read in the UK called Total Guitar did a feature on Rocksmith by asking a few different people to try out the game and give feedback, they had a guitar teacher, session musician and air guitar uk champion (lol) trying it out.

I can't speak personally but judging from their feedback it'll get you used to the basics of playing, i.e. how to hold the guitar and strum properly etc and the minigames would help to improve fretting accuracy and dexterity. but at the end of the day you're only training to get better at the game itself as opposed to learning how to be a stand alone player. Maybe this new session musician function could address that?

The conclusion I got from the feature was that it won't teach you guitar, it'll show you how to jam a couple of songs to a backing and is a slight step up from guitar hero in some respects.

Captcha: Virtue of necessity

I suppose putting people off of the game would be essential to an instructional magazines long term survival captcha...

I'll have to take a very close look at Forza ... That could be a tipping point for a system buy.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here