Escapist News Now: Batman: Arkham Origins E3 2013 Preview

Batman: Arkham Origins E3 2013 Preview

Andrea Rene visited the Warner Bros. booth at E3 2013 and went hands-on with the upcoming Batman: Arkham Origins. She spoke with the Senior Producer about new features in the game, what characters we can expect to see, and more!

Watch Video

On the one hand, it looks as awesome as one might expect. On the other hand, it does seem a bit odd that Batman would have more gadgets in an Origins story.

Scars Unseen:
On the one hand, it looks as awesome as one might expect. On the other hand, it does seem a bit odd that Batman would have more gadgets in an Origins story.

It could be he was testing alot of gadgets to see what works for him.

Scars Unseen:

That is one of my biggest "non-continuity" gripes about prequels - there being better tech in them than in the years that are supposed to take place afterward. In the case of Origins though, there is a line in Arkham city that may explain it:

Bruce asks Alfred to send him the line launcher to which alfred replies to the effect of "Why don't you just carry everything that you need on a bigger utility belt?" Bruce answers "too much weight. It slows me down." Something to that effect. You could reason that in origins, he was young and still figuring out what worked and what didn't. His inexperience made him carry more gear. In Asylum he didn't think he'd need much. He was simply dropping off the joker. In City, he was stripped down to the bare minimum in order to maximize his mobility.

I

tdylan:

Scars Unseen:

That is one of my biggest "non-continuity" gripes about prequels - there being better tech in them than in the years that are supposed to take place afterward. In the case of Origins though, there is a line in Arkham city that may explain it:

Bruce asks Alfred to send him the line launcher to which alfred replies to the effect of "Why don't you just carry everything that you need on a bigger utility belt?" Bruce answers "too much weight. It slows me down." Something to that effect. You could reason that in origins, he was young and still figuring out what worked and what didn't. His inexperience made him carry more gear. In Asylum he didn't think he'd need much. He was simply dropping off the joker. In City, he was stripped down to the bare minimum in order to maximize his mobility.

I want to play "Batman Year One" where he has TONS OF GADGETS but you have to build them from scratch...HAHA... AND leveling level up attacks, and slowly unlock counter attack...

Will buy this one if no DRM...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here