Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: Where the Hype Ends

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Where the Hype Ends

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

I forgot about Yahtzee's skill with limericks!

Brings back memories it does.

'In the tumultuous time before D-Day...'

I think the forums have broken Jim...

Hey Jim, best bg music yet! I love Bard's Tale!

HAHA, I have never watched one of these.. it is truly fantastic! Both these guys are ridiculously funny. I almost can't believe they do this every week. Me thinks that perhaps they are more than just video game commentators.

Wow, Yahtzees rhyme about the Xbox being Kony, and PS4 being Russel was surprisingly apt. Sure, the Xbox is worse, but neither are actually good. Bravo Yahtzee.

Thank you Yahtzee for summarizing in limerick why I never pay attention to E3.

Best Rhymedown episode yet. Bravo!

Both got more angry/frustrated as they went, also more biting. The emotion and effort being put into this show consistently seems to actually be really high. Kudos gents.

Well, metaphors be with you, Jim!

NOT THIS TIME, DVS BSTrD!

I didn't get Jim's one :-(

Was it something to do with the Xbone?

FFP2:

I supose it was about someone rigorously championing something (like a game or a console) she/he hasn't even tried yet and insulting people for not liking it, at it seems usual on forums.

Great show as always. Always got to see that at least Yahtzee isn't too enthusiastic about the PS4 either. Sony just seems to get so much love for simply not beeing Microsoft. They deserve some flak as well.

Is it just me, or are Yahtzee and Jim starting to influence each other's style?

Because I like it. :)

FFP2:

More like fanboys in general who'll defend a game before its out.

Loving this series more and more. Keep it up guys.

CorvusFerreum:

I supose it was about someone rigorously championing something (like a game or a console) she/he hasn't even tried yet and insulting people for not liking it, at it seems usual on forums.

MowDownJoe:

Ahh, I see it now. Thanks guys!

Can't even wait for zero punctuation to complain about e3, can you yathzee.

it's such a shame that ryse son of Rome looks underwhelming, playing as a legionnaire is a interesting if very difficult to pull off concept.

It just keeps getting better and better. This is why The Escapist is the best damn video game website in the world. Where else can you find gaming poetry?

MowDownJoe:

FFP2:

Doesn't that leave both parties clueless, though? Let's say I were to champion the CoD dog to Jathzee(Someone slipped something in my drink in this scenario), neither of us would have any grounds to base our respective opinions off.

Loved Yahtzee's section as always. I'm a bit more prone to his style, though Jim comes up with some very clever stuff as well.

Jim rhymed "fuck" with "fuck"...

Bad style...

:D

Pure gold in that video.

Especially Yahtzee's section was brilliant. That hype on the consoles and many of the new "AAA" productions is just wrong.

But as always more money is spent on marketing than on actually developing cool and fun games...

Jim sounded a lot like Wallace.

Impluse_101:
Jim sounded a lot like Wallace.

Now I can never un-see Wallace having an attack of Tourettes at Jim over a cheese-related disagreement. Thanks for that.

I do look forward to Wednesdays now, it's not often something makes me laugh out loud. But Jim and Yahtzee always do. Love those boys.

I have never heard a poem with a Cluster F-Bomb before. That was impressive.

Am I the only one that still enjoys the appropriate irony of Microsoft continually hyping the Xbox One by mentioning a game called "TitanFall"?

Also, as someone that lives in rural Oklahoma with unstable internet, I look forward to their offline policy!

Thisfellow:

MowDownJoe:

FFP2:

Doesn't that leave both parties clueless, though? Let's say I were to champion the CoD dog to Jathzee(Someone slipped something in my drink in this scenario), neither of us would have any grounds to base our respective opinions off.

Its probably fanatics defending things from reviewers/ journalists of which Jim is one. so the reviewer has played or at least played a sample of the game while the fanatics has not

WaitWHAT:
Well, metaphors be with you, Jim!

NOT THIS TIME, DVS BSTrD!

I fear I have been hype cast.

Jim lost totally this week. All I got was a guy who liked cheese but didn't eat it and liked swearing a lot, as a metaphor for.... who knows. Leave the metaphor to Yahtzee. At least it always becomes clear what the hell he's talking about by the end of his opus.

And speaking of Yahtzee, a nice selection of limericks just for a change.

zerragonoss:

Thisfellow:

Its probably fanatics defending things from reviewers/ journalists of which Jim is one. so the reviewer has played or at least played a sample of the game while the fanatics has not

Ah, I see. I wasn't aware Jim did that kind of thing.

FFP2:

Another interpretation I got is that it was implying a lot of these developers keep making the same kind of video games and keep boasting that "their game is the best". When the actual joke of the whole thing is, they never played the darn things.

...I take it something ticked Jim off.

Also, I laughed harder than I should at Yahtzee's dog line.

As is the status quo
For this here webby show
Yahtzee throws down
Jim acts the clown
And we will call them pros

(heh. prose. Get it?!?!)

Nice. I've loved Yahtzee's limericks since the Wolfenstein review, and while I had a hard time getting into the meter of Jim's, it reminded me of a few people I've known who will defend everything a company does even if they've never seen it before. (Bonus points for the lich comparison. I gotta use that sometime.)

And while it wasn't unexpected, it was nice to see Yahtzee kick Sony a bit. I'm getting tired of the RIAA/MPAA/Sony Rootkit behemoth being treated like it's the paragon of unfettered entertainment.

RoonMian:
Jim rhymed "fuck" with "fuck"...

Bad style...

:D

Hey, now, Dante did that with Jesus's name. You don't drag down the name of your messiah by rhyming with other words.:)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here