Escapist News Now: Hotline Miami 2 Preview

Hotline Miami 2 Preview

Devolver is bringing the gore back with Hotline Miami 2! I spoke with Dennis Wedin Co-Founder of Dennaton Games and he gave me all the details about their upcoming murder fest, subtitled Wrong Number.

Watch Video

Well, that looks five kinds of wrong...

I beat Hotline Miami, but I can't say it's exactly the kind of gameplay I've been dying to delve back into.

Also...

Callate:
Well, that looks five kinds of wrong...

I beat Hotline Miami, but I can't say it's exactly the kind of gameplay I've been dying to delve back into.

Also...

From what I have seen in an interview the playable characters are a group of fans of the events of the first game (some years after) that are trying to gather attention to see if they get a phonecall by killing random thugs and gang members (this is after the russian mob as been eliminated so if there is an organization still doing those calls we dont know). There is also another playable group that is doing a slasher movie, and you are the slashers.

josemlopes:
From what I have seen in an interview the playable characters are a group of fans of the events of the first game (some years after) that are trying to gather attention to see if they get a phonecall by killing random thugs and gang members (this is after the russian mob as been eliminated so if there is an organization still doing those calls we dont know). There is also another playable group that is doing a slasher movie, and you are the slashers.

Huh.

Could be interesting. I'm definitely going to wait for reviews, though- "harder" was hardly what I was looking for after H:M. (@#$% ninja girl...)

Thanks for the info.

Whats kind of neat is that the trailer for the first game (the one with the fat guy in a tanning suit) is actually tied in to HM 2. The trailer is supposed to be of the slasher film the characters are making.

Yeah it's rather disturbing at 0:45 mark, is that a woman trying to crawl away and then..ugh.

I heard this one takes place in the early 90s, so maybe we'll get a hint of grunge rock in the soundtrack.

JadeWah:
Yeah it's rather disturbing at 0:45 mark, is that a woman trying to crawl away and then..ugh.

Yeah..Theres no mistaking what that is. I'm not sure theyre aware of that. I would almost say this video should be taken down and re-edited.

The:
I heard this one takes place in the early 90s, so maybe we'll get a hint of grunge rock in the soundtrack.

Im hoping for that two, I dig the 80s but it would be cool to see the 90s get the Hotline Miami treatment, the grundge alone can help create a distorted and dirty atmosphere (similar to the pig trailer for the first game) in the same way that the synth filled 80s music created that psycotic feel for the first one.

piscian:

JadeWah:

Yeah..Theres no mistaking what that is. I'm not sure theyre aware of that. I would almost say this video should be taken down and re-edited.

This is a preview for Hotline Miami 2 and that belongs to the game, therefore it is as valid to be shown as everything else. And its Hotline Miami, no one is going to be suprised to see that.

josemlopes:

The:

Im hoping for that two, I dig the 80s but it would be cool to see the 90s get the Hotline Miami treatment, the grundge alone can help create a distorted and dirty atmosphere (similar to the pig trailer for the first game) in the same way that the synth filled 80s music created that psycotic feel for the first one.

piscian:

JadeWah:

This is a preview for Hotline Miami 2 and that belongs to the game, therefore it is as valid to be shown as everything else. And its Hotline Miami, no one is going to be suprised to see that.

Not questioning the content but that its shown without age warning or anything on the article. The escapist is usually good about doing age checks for adult content. I think they literally just missed this one. I sent a pm.

piscian:
snip

Ah, I see. Yeah, that makes sense, even if it wasnt for that scene it is very violent content (even if its pixaleted).

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here