We're The Good Guys Now

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

We're The Good Guys Now

The tale of the boy who cried anti-consumer bullsh*t.

Read Full Article

Man you guys work fast. What was it? Wednesday?

Still, no desire to buy an XBox One. My PC/Mac does just fine, thank you very much. Plus if they were willing to do this once, they'll be willing to do it again someday.

I dunno, with the Kinnect plugged in requirement they still seem a little too Voorheeyeuristic to me.

That's pretty much how I hope this turns out. I really hope this upset so many people that they still massively lag behind the ps4 with launch sales. However, I'm also getting ready to be dissapointed again when the ssales still turn out well because fanboys will be fanboys.

There's two possibilities here; They meant to do this all along as some sort of perverse PR trick, or they honestly needed a wave of revulsion to tell them their insane schemes were a little on the nose.

And both of these options are terrible, terrible things.

I was planning on buying Kingdom Heart 3, since Microsoft reverse their decision on the important issue, it gonna be a bitch deciding which one to buy now. Its 180 moves like that makes it hard for consumers to make any easy decision. Hopefully, that will change in the near future

This comic sums up my thoughts on the XBone precisely. It's launch will falter, especially if the rumors about it having major hardware problems akin to the RRoD is true. Though afterwards, it should do fine.

Silly microsoft and all your practical jokes, you got us!!!

A part of me really hopes this is how things turn out.

Credit to them for making the right call eventually, but I'm certainly not forgetting how the Xbox 180 started & how easy it was to reverse the decision... and how easy it'd be to reverse it again.

Also, removing the family share service was questionable. Explain to me why the cloud game sharing had to go along with the Always-on connection. I use a couple of cloud services & nothing changes when I log off for a couple days; I reconnect my device, or connect with a different device, & everything is as I left it. Not complicated if the cloud infrastructure is already built.

I know Microsoft isn't "entitled" to provide it (before anyone says it), but it's a service, they're a business, & I would be more interested in giving them my money if they were still providing that service. Why remove it for any reason but spite?

Microsoft scared away their friends

That is the scariest fucking thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

I sure hope that's how this turns out.

I see Xboner sales making a rise again. In a few months a surprising amount of people will have forgotten about all this crap, and even more will never have heard of it at all.

Jesus Christ, Mattrick Unmasked is horrifying.

Give us a warning before that sort of stuff, guys. =P

Z of the Na'vi:

and then he exploded into spiders

the damage has been done

Z of the Na'vi:

Scary, but not as scary as Lemongrab creepers.

Fuck this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqd9S06lvH0

Rafiuddin Alauddin:
I was planning on buying Kingdom Heart 3, since Microsoft reverse their decision on the important issue, it gonna be a bitch deciding which one to buy now. Its 180 moves like that makes it hard for consumers to make any easy decision. Hopefully, that will change in the near future

Get the one that's $100 less and without a camera constantly listening?

Still pretty clear cut for me.

I think the only way PS4 will lose is if it has a YLOD/RROD similar problem, it's only shred of negative press is pay to play online but that is almost negated by the free games.

Sure you aren't taking my used games, but now you keep looking inside my place because you broke my door with your Kinect brand boots.

omega 616:

Rafiuddin Alauddin:

I think the only way PS4 will lose is if it has a YLOD/RROD similar problem, it's only shred of negative press is pay to play online but that is almost negated by the free games.

The PS4's components run pretty cool so they shouldn't have too many issues. The Xbox One on the otherhand is a clusterfuck to mass produce. They're either going to have some jet turbines cooling their machine, or its gonna have a failure rate as bad as the 360. I'm going to bet on the latter. Microsoft isn't the most reliable at producing working hardware.

rasputin0009:

omega 616:

Rafiuddin Alauddin:

The PS4's components run pretty cool so they shouldn't have too many issues. The Xbox One on the otherhand is a clusterfuck to mass produce. They're either going to have some jet turbines cooling their machine, or its gonna have a failure rate as bad as the 360. I'm going to bet on the latter. Microsoft isn't the most reliable at producing working hardware.

At the start of the year my from launch PS3 got the YLOD so no matter what I am keeping my PS4 chilly as fuck! Probably just buy a cheap fan and point it at the PS4 but I'm not sure yet.

Still got to get my PS3 fixed actually ...

PS3 had YLOD
360 had RROD
Xbox One has YOLO

OT: Yeh, Microsoft has established that they can't be trusted to do the right thing. Even now they're doing it because they were forced to. So, now that they're "listening to our feedback", they still look like greasy, fat guys in a dirty, non-descriptive van handing out candies to children. Really good fucking candy, but they still look like pedo's

You know, although Microsoft no longer looks like a big evil corporation trying to ruin gaming for consumers; instead they just kinda look like a bunch of spineless hypocrites.

If this whole thing WAS just some gigantic PR stunt it means they're also completely clueless as to what creates good PR. Oh well.

This vid states my exact opinion about the Xbox One.

Rafiuddin Alauddin:

I'd still go for the PS4 if I were you. Apart from Kingdom Hearts, the x-bone still requires that registration connection, and from what I understand it needs to be connected every time you install a game from disc. So...yeah. Every time you load a new game you have to be connected, that'll be annoying.

DVS BSTrD:
I dunno, with the Kinnect plugged in requirement they still seem a little too Vooryeuristic to me.

What, I-

Oh dear. *shakes head sadly*

DVS BSTrD:
I dunno, with the Kinnect plugged in requirement they still seem a little too Vooryeuristic to me.

Why? Why would you do that? Are you proud of what you just typed there?

You really ought to mask your enthusiasm, because it feels like you've shoved a knife through my heart.

OlasDAlmighty:
You know, although Microsoft no longer looks like a big evil corporation trying to ruin gaming for consumers; instead they just kinda look like a bunch of spineless hypocrites.

If this whole thing WAS just some gigantic PR stunt it means they're also completely clueless as to what creates good PR. Oh well.

I kinda feel like Jim was right in that Microsoft though Sony was going to take the bait and go down the same route, making both of them the villains, which in practice would mean neither is the villain.

I also don't think they were expecting the main stream media to join in on the criticism. Giving the military the shaft pissed off Fox news, and little did they expect Louis Black and Jimmy Fallon to go on national television and give them the shaft right back. I don't think there is any sort of precedent for the amount of pressure that's been put out against a console from outside the general gaming community.

GAH! Jesus! Put th-- Put the mask back on!!

omega 616:

rasputin0009:

omega 616:

At the start of the year my from launch PS3 got the YLOD so no matter what I am keeping my PS4 chilly as fuck! Probably just buy a cheap fan and point it at the PS4 but I'm not sure yet.

Still got to get my PS3 fixed actually ...

Ya, I melted a PS3 slim right before Skyrim came out. Had it in a cupboard running for hours on end. No airflow realky fucked it. I just bought a new one when I got Skyrim because I was just too excited for that damn game. I might buy one of those laptop fans and put that underneath the PS4 just in case.

I like to think of it like this.

Imagine if you needed a roof and there were 3 companies who were offering to do the job.

PS4 says "I'll do the job competently"

WiiU says "I'll do the job competently. But in an outdated model. And any repairs/add-ons have to come from us."

XB1 says "I'll do the job competently. But I'll also hammer some holes in it. Oh wait you DON'T want holes in your roof? Well then I guess I won't, but your stupid for not wanting holes in your roof"

scienceguy8:
Man you guys work fast. What was it? Wednesday?

Still, no desire to buy an XBox One. My PC/Mac does just fine, thank you very much. Plus if they were willing to do this once, they'll be willing to do it again someday.

Yeah, I'm just going to upgrade my macbook pro's HHD to a SSD and give it 8 gig more ram.

Lilani:
I'd still go for the PS4 if I were you. Apart from Kingdom Hearts, the x-bone still requires that registration connection, and from what I understand it needs to be connected every time you install a game from disc. So...yeah. Every time you load a new game you have to be connected, that'll be annoying.

What? No ****ing way! If true, that didn't really fix the problem. If I'm deployed overseas, I can't have my family send me any new games, and I can't buy new games on base because each game will require me to be connected to the internet to install it? If so, they're still screwing the people with no internet.

This is exactly how i felt about it. I've been using the more exagerated example of someone yelling the N word then going "What? I'm not racist."

All this focus on tangential stuff is very annoying. With a new console come new games, that's what all the attention should be on. But neither Microsoft nor 'the internet' seems to care about that. :(

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here