No Right Answer: Best Post-Daily Show Career Ever

Best Post-Daily Show Career Ever

While Chris was Nintendo-ing it up at E3, Kyle and Dan decided to dive into a little debate that was suggested by a fan.

Watch Video

Wow you actually did it! Thanks I needed this today
I actually expected the score to be... Even Stepvhen

You guys missed the boat on images. I can't believe that you didn't have a single frame from Even Stevphen!

And I think Olivia Munn was about as good as Jessica Williams is now; I understand what they're trying to do, but they need to find someone like Samantha Bee who actually has comedic timing.

Who's Olivia Munn?

I disagree with the outcome. Mainly because The Colbert Report did what CrossBalls & Tough Crowd With Collin Quinn couldn't do. And thats be a Political Comedy that would have as much success as The Daily Show.

impocalyptic:
Who's Olivia Munn?

She is actually quite good as Sloan Sabbath on HBO's Newsroom. I didn't take her seriously as an actress until I saw her on that show.

Woah! The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are NOT "fake" news shows! Now, they are limited by time constraints and how many stories they can get to while providing as many good jokes as they can, but they sure don't report "fake" news.

Some of the news they report on may be small news, like the meteor flying over Russia bringing up Russian dash cams, but that's not fake.

Xman490:
Woah! The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are NOT "fake" news shows! Now, they are limited by time constraints and how many stories they can get to while providing as many good jokes as they can, but they sure don't report "fake" news.

Some of the news they report on may be small news, like the meteor flying over Russia bringing up Russian dash cams, but that's not fake.

True its not a Fake News Show. It however reports on the Fake News that comes out of Fox News; like this!
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-november-15-2012/it-was-the-best-of-times--it-was-the-best-of-times

Great to see them do this! I disagree with the result, but respect how they got there and I am not about to complain.... too much :D
I stand by what i said in the post SNL comments section, Colbert should have won this, but I enjoyed this episode nonetheless.

Also the Caption of Jon Stewart not coming out from behind his desk because
"It is because
I am Short"

Made my day.

I would've given the edge to Colbert, mostly because he seems to have displayed much better consistensy in his comedy than Carrell.

Definitely agree with that last part, guys. Daily Show is kinda like the SNL of our generation...and we have definitely had some great people come out from that show. I'd watch it over MSNBC or Fox News any day if I want to have a laugh with my news. (That is...if I wasn't too busy gaming and getting my news from the net rather than watching those shows.)

CAPTCHA: good night and good luck

*Kronkite-esque voice* ...and that's the way it is.

Colbert all the way!

it is possibly true that nobody liked olivia munn, but I believe it is arguable that there are people that liked parts of olivia munn

SomebodyNowhere:
it is possibly true that nobody liked olivia munn, but I believe it is arguable that there are people that liked parts of olivia munn

I see what you did there ;)

I don't know which one I prefer. I actually thought the score would end up as even in the end. They're both funny. I love Jon Stewart.

MorganL4:

impocalyptic:
Who's Olivia Munn?

She is actually quite good as Sloan Sabbath on HBO's Newsroom. I didn't take her seriously as an actress until I saw her on that show.

This was one of my favorite clips.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3A_7KG9mJc

Cool to see the return of Even Steven, not really, but still. I appreciate Colbert's career more but Carell's probably been more successful. He can just retire if he wants to can't he.

I don't care what anyone says, Kevin Pereira and Olivia Munn are heroes.

Colbert: Intelligent humor.
Carell: Dumb humor.

So Colbert all the way to the bank!

RTR:
I would've given the edge to Colbert, mostly because he seems to have displayed much better consistensy in his comedy than Carrell.

Yes but the flip side of that argument is that Carrell is more willing to take risks.

I'm going to have to go with Colbert, if just because of his billboard adverts.

Never heard of colbert, but may be cus I'm british?
So yeah evan almighty wims this one by default for me I guess

Burt Wonderstone pretty much killed off Correll's career while Colbert is killing it with the Colbert report. He even has his own ice cream :I

Colbert is a BOSS! He's totally rockin it on the Colbert Report! How about that USO special he hosted for U.S. troops in Iraq, from one of Saddam's former places? Even the poliicians he joked on got some good jabs at him there (including Bush, McCain, and Obama). And don't forget the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear.
And why the hate for Olivia Munn? I mean, I lost some respect for her once I heard she supposrts PETA, but she's still hot.

I don't buy that when the Bush Administration had Steven Colbert speak at the Correspondents Dinner that they didn't get his schtick. While he was a flawed president with some very wrong-headed policies, he was smart enough to know when he was being made fun of.

Also, Steve Carrell all the way. He is the Leslie Nielsen of our generation.

Every single video of this Olivia Munn character has been denied in my country (UK), so I guess it's safe to say I don't like her since she doesn't like me (my country) >_>

While I enjoy Colbert more, I'd have to agree that Carrell has had the more successful career, in a matter of scope, not necessarily quality. Meaning that he's covered more ground on television and film and reached a wider audience.

Though oddly, I have to mention that my spellcheck underlined "Carrell" but left "Colbert" alone...

Anyway, out with the old, in with the new: everything's comin' up John Oliver!

WHAT IS THIS? THE KITTY IS NOT MOVING!!!!!

I'd say Carrell, just because I know who he is. I barely know who Colbert is and it's because of a few people talking about him on the internet.

I guess Carrell has the more successful career, but I find Colbert more enjoyable.

And on top of his mother passing away, Colbert loses at this. :(

Dominic Crossman:
Never heard of colbert, but may be cus I'm british?
So yeah evan almighty wims this one by default for me I guess

Much like John Stewart, Colbert has a news show. Though his is more directly dedicated to making light of stupidity and horrible things through absurdity and satire while Stewart is more serious and just kinda directly makes fun of stuff.
They're a fantastic team of shows.
http://www.colbertnation.com/full-episodes/thu-june-20-2013-joss-whedon

Urameshi13:
I don't buy that when the Bush Administration had Steven Colbert speak at the Correspondents Dinner that they didn't get his schtick. While he was a flawed president with some very wrong-headed policies, he was smart enough to know when he was being made fun of.

Did you WATCH it?
They understood his schtick, but not until it was too late and he was already there doing it. Either that or they though he'd be intimidated into turning it down. He wasn't.

anonymity88:
Every single video of this Olivia Munn character has been denied in my country (UK), so I guess it's safe to say I don't like her since she doesn't like me (my country) >_>

Just look her up on YouTube. She's bound to come up.

Ed Helms?

He seems to be doing well for himself. Not as well as Steve Carell is doing right now (no one is, that's why he won) but Ed Helms is doing at least as well as Colbert is.

Of course I watched it, I thought it was hilarious.

Fuck it, I choose both of them.

IMO, both of them did different kinds of comedy/humor and both did them very well.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here