LoadingReadyRun: Man of Steal

Man of Steal

The movie studios are getting pretty desperate for ideas.

Watch Video

Maybe it could give him bad posture? Call it a... hunch.
Seriously Paul, straighten that back.

Yes!
This almost satisfies my weekly thirst for Cam and Cam-related videos.

On an unrelated note, who told Beej that twigs are french ?

I guess Manchester Black and the Elite won't show up until 3 then?

TheAmazingHobo:

It's the best a Warner employee could think of, I guess. It strikes as very close to reality at this point.

At first I thought the boom mike was a shooting error, but nice way to go with it.
This one was pretty funny, It's always nice to see Beej and Cam.

Can't wait for next week.

That's right, guys, lean on that fourth wall. =D

wackelpudding:

TheAmazingHobo:

It's the best a Warner employee could think of, I guess. It strikes as very close to reality at this point.

I donīt know, itīs just that I always imagined twigs would talk in a Russian accent.

Eleuthera:

I donīt think the audience is quite ready yet for heat-vision based neurosurgery in their movies.

Beej nailed that last one, made me lol. Thanks!

What makes the stinger really funny is that Nicolas Cage actually was going to play Superman in one of the failed projects. The first draft of the screenplay was written by Kevin Smith and Tim Burton was going to direct it based on a new revision by his own choice of writers. Here is the costume test:

"Some guy I met on the street". HA!

Purple kryptonite?!
Spoil it some more, Jesus. While we're at it, might as well say Superman sort of maybe dies. Again.

DVS BSTrD:

I agree.

On a related topic...how the hell do people not know who Thanos is? I've heard this a dozen times in as many different reviews or websites.

...he wore the gosh darn infinity gauntlet. He's one of the most powerful and iconic villains in all of comics.

THE MOFO TRIES TO GET NAUGHTY WITH DEATH HERSELF!

I just...I don't get it.

Given that this is LRR, I thought it would be Superman himself holding the mike. I think this way is better.

The world needs more Beej. He's my favourite of the LRR cast.

So the check printing place is also a secret cover location for DC comics AH HA!

I love how if the mic is slightly off camera apparently nobody can see it. XD

I love Beej. I love everything about Beej. His mannerisms crack me up.

theultimateend:

DVS BSTrD:

I agree.

On a related topic...how the hell do people not know who Thanos is? I've heard this a dozen times in as many different reviews or websites.

...he wore the gosh darn infinity gauntlet. He's one of the most powerful and iconic villains in all of comics.

I just...I don't get it.

Can I ask who he's the villain of? I'd never heard of him before The Avengers, and I don't know what the infinty gauntlet is either.

How can anyone come up with the idea for these skits?! Seriously fun stuff though!

Super irritable bowel syndrome? The horror!!!

Eleuthera:

Oh that would be awesome-

kailus13:
Can I ask who he's the villain of? I'd never heard of him before The Avengers, and I don't know what the infinty gauntlet is either.

Most of his major appearances have been in multi-character crossover stories. He debuted in an Iron Man comic but he doesn't really "belong" to any one character.

Beej and Cam in the same video makes me super happy. Why is Beej not an official LRR member yet?

First thought when the mic came into the shot:
Geez guys. Are you letting go of your standards? You never let something like that appear on camera.

And honestly, I believe this scenario. DC did get kinda screwed by the awesome Marvel movies and the Avengers. So, I can see them being desperate for good ideas. Though, I think a Superman movie with Brainiac as the villain would be good. Though, it would be best to not be the next movie.

Also, Dark Sied would be a great villain for a Justice League movie!
If Marvel didn't already tease Thanos for Avengers.

Yep. So... Luther teams up with Brainiac, Sinestro, and Joker for Justice League?

Since Batman was huge, Nolan will be involved with all their hero projects. And Nolan hates magic, gotta keep it real. He will cause the whole franchise to fail faster than Reynold's Green Lantern.

Huh, the boom mic in the shot was intentional since the character noticed it, what's going... ohhhh... heh, fair commentary methinks.

And dang, having Beej and Cam in the same shoot, two really charismatic dudes with impressive bullshitting powers, they really sold this one.

kailus13:

The entire marvel universe, he's a bit like Galactus in that if he gets his way entire planets (or solar systems in Thanos' case) are lost.

He's a brutal badass, I've always had a fondness for him.

theultimateend:

DVS BSTrD:

I agree.

I just...I don't get it.

Dud, I learned about Thanos from "Marvel Super Heroes: War of Gems" from CAPCOM! THAT GAME KICKS ASS!!! and when they bring him back for MVC2 I was like... WOW! always on character, next to Cable.... I just wish MVC3 gets update of Thanos soon... or ever?

TheAmazingHobo:

wackelpudding:

TheAmazingHobo:

I donīt know, itīs just that I always imagined twigs would talk in a Russian accent.

I am Groot!

I guess that works.

Queue up the tinkly piano music, grab Paul's mad scientist outfit, prepare the purple kryptonite and get making a "Ways to kill Superman" video RIGHT NOW!!

theultimateend:

kailus13:

The entire marvel universe, he's a bit like Galactus in that if he gets his way entire planets (or solar systems in Thanos' case) are lost.

That's possibly the reason he's not as recognised. Villains that have a designated hero are easier to remember for some reason.

Nicholas Cage as Superman... How diabolical!

kailus13:

theultimateend:

kailus13:

That's possibly the reason he's not as recognised. Villains that have a designated hero are easier to remember for some reason.

Probably true.

I have an irrational love for him. He's one of my favorite villains in all the anything.

The infinity gauntlet story was just one long nerd boner for me.

cliche? sure. But sometimes I love cliches.

punipunipyo:

Dud, I learned about Thanos from "Marvel Super Heroes: War of Gems" from CAPCOM! THAT GAME KICKS ASS!!! and when they bring him back for MVC2 I was like... WOW! always on character, next to Cable.... I just wish MVC3 gets update of Thanos soon... or ever?

Cable is boss as hell.

I like you.

Hey everybody, punipuni is good people.

Ok back to the darkness for me, need to finish this Chili dog.

Given the utter stupidity of DC Comics and Warner Brothers on handling these characters, hiring guys with boom mikes to listen in on fanboy conversations wouldn't surprise me one bit. -_- Perhaps someone should tell them that their biggest problem is themselves for not learning from past mistakes (hire competent filmmakers, sticking to good source material, stop wanking off to realism, etc.).

AlexanderPeregrine:
What makes the stinger really funny is that Nicolas Cage actually was going to play Superman in one of the failed projects. The first draft of the screenplay was written by Kevin Smith and Tim Burton was going to direct it based on a new revision by his own choice of writers. Here is the costume test:

Yeah. And his son is named Kal-El. I am not kidding.

Seriously. though. I have one word for you, just one word: Doomsday.

I'm pretty sure I've seen some, let's call them "fan comics" (wink), about purple kryptonite before.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here