Jimquisition: Why PC Gaming Gets Away With It

 Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT
 

Machine Man 1992:
Sorry.

The PC I was talking about was eight years old, and as unstable as a one legged milking stool.

I am not a fan of the platform is what I'm getting at.

It's cool, I certainly know PCs do often get like that. I also understand the extra work of maintaining the machine doesn't appeal to a lot of people, in fact I've only gotten back into PC gaming recently myself due to the fact that I had thought there was no way my PC would be up to snuff these days. I suppose part the point I was making originally is that since I've gotten back into it, I've found PC gaming both quite rewarding, and a lot easier to keep up with, since the ridiculous pace at which tech was advancing at a few years ago seems to have slowed down a fair amount in recent times.

Kind of off topic, but does anyone know what the footage at around the 5 minute mark is from?

EDIT:
NVM, It's apparently a game called Quantum Break, carry on.

uro vii:

Machine Man 1992:
Sorry.

The PC I was talking about was eight years old, and as unstable as a one legged milking stool.

I am not a fan of the platform is what I'm getting at.

It's cool, I certainly know PCs do often get like that. I also understand the extra work of maintaining the machine doesn't appeal to a lot of people, in fact I've only gotten back into PC gaming recently myself due to the fact that I had thought there was no way my PC would be up to snuff these days. I suppose part the point I was making originally is that since I've gotten back into it, I've found PC gaming both quite rewarding, and a lot easier to keep up with, since the ridiculous pace at which tech was advancing at a few years ago seems to have slowed down a fair amount in recent times.

Honestly? Switching to consoles was my dad's idea. He's the IT person of the household, and he thinks the universal system requirements are what makes consoles "better".

Granted that was back in the PS2 era, but still.

Akalabeth:

Basically it's about arguing for IMPROVING the experience instead of just ragging on one thing.

And while we're on the subject, Jim's entire premise for why Steam etcetera are different is because he doesn't believe the Xbox store will be good enough, so his entire argument is basically guesswork based on a pessimistic view of the situation and frankly, I'm tired of this pessimistic bitching and moaning that all these commentators do. Is that the only message they're selling?

It's kind of pathetic.

Nothing pathetic about it. It isn't even pessimism. Its looking at the track record Microsoft has with DRM, functionality and reliability and reacting appropriately. The xbox one can't just go and release a "steam" store and go 'Hey! We made steam on consoles!' Because they have no good will and little customer loyalty. Blizzard or Nintendo could come out and do much the same and get away with a lot more because they have that loyalty by being reliable and producing to a set standard of quality. Neither has ever made an objectively bad, system or console.

Also as a previous poster beautifully stated in a few sentences:

Fluffles:

Isn't the thing that consoles ARE drm themselves? I mean, there is all this on top, but that's the main crux of it all.

Jim didn't mention that but it's true. As for being pathetic or pessimistic I would be careful using such loaded words, lest you end up realizing you describe your own attributes along with others.

Akalabeth:
Microsoft is also starting to offer free games to Gold subscribers. They're making moves in positive directions.

And comparing Steam serves to Xbox? When xbox servers went down it killed the multiplayer, which was almost non-existent, not the access to games. Even when the Xbox One servers go down they were planning to enable offline play so to say that's a point in Steam's favour is inaccurate.

Steam is DRM. It's internet required DRM. That's all it is. In that respect it is exactly the same as the Xbox One, EXCEPT for the fact that the Xbox One would still allow for used games which is something Steam will never have. The used game block was an optional tool. So when people say "Steam is good, but Xbox One is bad" whatever it's a fucking joke. It really is.

As for offering free games, Microsoft has STARTED doing that, something that Sony has done for since its premium online service Plus was introduced in 2010. It isn't good enough. It isn't a sign of change or doing the right thing. It's just catch up.

Steam's promises are worth a million Microsoft promises. Just because either company says something doesn't mean we trust them. People don't trust Steam will offer its games if it goes out of business. And they have spent YEARS working carefully on customer relations. Microsoft does not garner confidence. Also don't make up lies, yeah the used game block was "optional" including the extra "optional" licensing fee that you would pay to transfer ownership of a game once. Microsoft would simply be putting the option into a publisher hand (and publisher are already some of the worst offenders for draconian DRM and contempt for used games, and are NOT impartial judges).

Also calling steam only DRM is ludicrous, I can only assume you've never used it. It includes:
. A persistent downloadable online library
. The ability to overlay and include any non-steam game into the steam library
. Complete social/friend functions
. MULTIPLE payment methods (not just credit card thank you Microsoft) for any purchase and gifting purchases
. No Subscription fees of any kind
. Access any account on many computers
. No in built always online requirement (like Xbox one was going to do)
. An offline mode that essentially means everyone in the world could play a singleplayer game at once if they had the account details
. Easy ways to disc install, copy/paste and download games, removing any hard wired registry settings
. User and Critic Reviews for every game
. A seperate forum for every game
. Functional steam workshop to mod games (although this feature kinda sucks)
. Removal on most games of tedious DRM like serial numbers (and a helpful popup if there are serial numbers)
. Great sales
. Works on Mac and Linux

Seriously, I'm sure there would be tons more than this. I'm not some Valve shill. I didn't even google or lookup those features. I just know them because I use it. The value of any keypoint varies on how much you may think personally they're worth but steam spent a long time to get a form of DRM to work on an essentially DRM free system over a very long period of time with competition.

Microsoft wanted a more extreme version of DRM on a closed system (which is DRM in its own way) without any features having been tested and with no competition (essentially a console monopoly). The fact they marketed it as a TV (or just any marketing they did) rubs salt into an already shitty console with worse specs than the PS3, forced peripherals and a higher price mark.

Steam is shitty DRM but it attempts to provide features in recompense and is not a monopoly, having no control over the PC market. Microsoft, just like forcing the awful Windows 8 (objectively awful since it wasn't designed for usability at all, beyond the new look: http://www.nngroup.com/articles/windows-8-disappointing-usability/) was attempting to force a shitty console into a market with fortunately enough sense to hesitate (and probably still hesitate) to purchase its console.

Considering I have never owned a Playstation and used to be exclusively an Xbox/Xbox 360 gamer, this is a shame.

Honestly this is kinda obvious. Kids that don't understand the advantages of pcs and consoles are really watering down any digital/ future of gaming discussion. It's sad. I mean don't they at least know the pc gets a lot more sales? And better ones at that. Stop comparing consoles to pcs console kids, you'll lose. Specially since consoles are losing the advantages of consoles as they try to become pcs

kklawm:

Akalabeth:

Basically it's about arguing for IMPROVING the experience instead of just ragging on one thing.

And while we're on the subject, Jim's entire premise for why Steam etcetera are different is because he doesn't believe the Xbox store will be good enough, so his entire argument is basically guesswork based on a pessimistic view of the situation and frankly, I'm tired of this pessimistic bitching and moaning that all these commentators do. Is that the only message they're selling?

It's kind of pathetic.

Nothing pathetic about it. It isn't even pessimism. Its looking at the track record Microsoft has with DRM, functionality and reliability and reacting appropriately. The xbox one can't just go and release a "steam" store and go 'Hey! We made steam on consoles!' Because they have no good will and little customer loyalty. Blizzard or Nintendo could come out and do much the same and get away with a lot more because they have that loyalty by being reliable and producing to a set standard of quality. Neither has ever made an objectively bad, system or console.

Uh, hello Microsoft HAS a store on the 360. Are you not aware of this?
And blizzard? I'm going to assume you meant sony, but in case you actually meant Blizzard you mean the always-online even when single player Diablo 3 people with the real money auction house? really?

kklawm:

Fluffles:

Isn't the thing that consoles ARE drm themselves? I mean, there is all this on top, but that's the main crux of it all.

Jim didn't mention that but it's true. As for being pathetic or pessimistic I would be careful using such loaded words, lest you end up realizing you describe your own attributes along with others.

And a PC isn't DRM?
A Mac isn't DRM?

kklawm:

As for offering free games, Microsoft has STARTED doing that, something that Sony has done for since its premium online service Plus was introduced in 2010. It isn't good enough. It isn't a sign of change or doing the right thing. It's just catch up.

You need to look up the definition of "change"

kklawm:

Also calling steam only DRM is ludicrous, I can only assume you've never used it. It includes:
. A persistent downloadable online library

Much like the Xbox store.

kklawm:

. The ability to overlay and include any non-steam game into the steam library

Volunteering my games for DRM is a good thing?

kklawm:

. Complete social/friend functions

Yes, like Xbox Live

kklawm:

. MULTIPLE payment methods (not just credit card thank you Microsoft) for any purchase and gifting purchases

You ever heard of points cards? You buy them in a store.

kklawm:

. No Subscription fees of any kind

Buying games from the Xbox storefront does not require a gold account.

kklawm:

. Access any account on many computers

Oh and was it to include up to 10 people having unlimited access to your games from any xbox? No. It wasn't.

kklawm:

. No in built always online requirement (like Xbox one was going to do)

Xbox One required a daily check in, not an always online requirement.

kklawm:

. An offline mode that essentially means everyone in the world could play a singleplayer game at once if they had the account details

Assuming of course they have the internet to begin with, which was necessary for store-bought games that come on a disc. Which is, by the way, ludicrous.

kklawm:

. Easy ways to disc install, copy/paste and download games, removing any hard wired registry settings

Disc install? So you're crediting Steam for basic computer functionality? Is that correct?
Yes, thankyou steam for the ease of installing a game I bought in the store on a DVD drive I likewise bought in a store, how unfortunate for me that the disc does not have the full game but instead I have to download 5% of the game from Steam in order to play it. I sure do wish you sold me a functioning product and not a glorified coaster.

kklawm:

. User and Critic Reviews for every game

You know games are rated on the Xbox store do you not?

kklawm:

. A seperate forum for every game

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_360_games/a_d/default.aspx

kklawm:

. Removal on most games of tedious DRM like serial numbers (and a helpful popup if there are serial numbers)

I would take a serial number over Steam any day of the year.

kklawm:

Seriously, I'm sure there would be tons more than this. I'm not some Valve shill. I didn't even google or lookup those features. I just know them because I use it. The value of any keypoint varies on how much you may think personally they're worth but steam spent a long time to get a form of DRM to work on an essentially DRM free system over a very long period of time with competition.

So I should thank steam for introducing client-based DRM onto my DRM free computer? You're telling me this is a good thing? It's not.

kklawm:

Microsoft wanted a more extreme version of DRM on a closed system (which is DRM in its own way) without any features having been tested and with no competition (essentially a console monopoly). The fact they marketed it as a TV (or just any marketing they did) rubs salt into an already shitty console with worse specs than the PS3, forced peripherals and a higher price mark.

You need to look up the definition of monopoly.
And, it's kinda pathetic that you're judging a device before it's even been released? Like, you're trying to present yourself as having some objective view and then you take that stance? Really?

kklawm:

Steam is shitty DRM but it attempts to provide features in recompense and is not a monopoly, having no control over the PC market. Microsoft, just like forcing the awful Windows 8 (objectively awful since it wasn't designed for usability at all, beyond the new look: http://www.nngroup.com/articles/windows-8-disappointing-usability/) was attempting to force a shitty console into a market with fortunately enough sense to hesitate (and probably still hesitate) to purchase its console.

Steam would have a monopoly if it could get it.
That's why Steam wants on Playstation (And is, in some form).
That's why they wanted to get themselves on Xbox and then started talking shit about microsoft when they wouldn't let them.
And that's why they're on mac, and linux and now they want their own console as well with the steam box. They want a monopoly, they just don't have it. And not having a monopoly when they clearly want to be everywhere and get everyone's money is not a good thing.

It's a good thing they don't have a monopoly. But the fact that they don't doesn't make Steam any better. And saying Microsoft has a console monopoly when it has competition is absurd. The fact that it's a closed system doesn't matter. The monopoly is broken by people buying other devices.

kklawm:

Considering I have never owned a Playstation and used to be exclusively an Xbox/Xbox 360 gamer, this is a shame.

Thanks but this has no bearing on the argument.

Ishigami:

jmarquiso:
Snip

DoPo:
Snip

You know that is fine and well but that not exactly what I meant. What I meant is that a game may require a certain type of DRM and that I have no choice in the matter what kind of DRM it is.
If I want to play Skyrim I have to put up with Steam. The only other option is not playing Skyrim.

If you want to play a "blockbuster" game you have little choice in the matter.
Yes there is choice for really old games and indie games but the very moment you tap into the big budget games it is over.

I browsed through the stores and it seems to be always the same. Rome II Total War on Greenman Gaming requires Steam as does it from Game Fly or Gamersgate. It is simply a code purchase.
I can choose where too buy my code but I can't choose a different type of DRM. For example I can't choose to use Origin instead of Steam.
The publisher/developer made that choice and I have to put up with it.
And that is what I mean when I say that I don't really have a choice on the PC and I don't see why this wouldn't work on consoles as well. Why couldn't Greenman Gaming or Game Fly (or any other of the one million code sellers) sell codes for XBox One games as well?

This is an issue of publishers choosing to have DRM. Admittedly, Steamworks is offered to publishers for free, and it's a service that's popular amongst gamers (due to other features), so publishers that don't have their own (UPlay and Origin) would probably stick to it.

But you do have an option of simply not buying Skyrim. I know that's not what you want to hear, but that's really the case. If you want DRM to go away, don't buy games with DRM. There are alternatives - Mount & Blade, for awhile.

Great work Jim, amusing and spot on.

"All the inconvenience of a console with the bullshit of a PC"

Gold!

Machine Man 1992:
Honestly? Switching to consoles was my dad's idea. He's the IT person of the household, and he thinks the universal system requirements are what makes consoles "better".

Granted that was back in the PS2 era, but still.

Yeah, my dad is the IT guy in the house too, though he's very much a PC purist. He doesn't have a problem with consoles, but I think he prefers being able to tinker and adjust things in the machines. In fact I was actually thinking of switching over onto consoles altogether when I moved out, but the fact that I can just take my machine back to my dad and he'll almost certainly get it work fantastically has meant it's actually more convenient for me to stick with PCs.

Ultratwinkie:

Lightknight:

Ultratwinkie:
Consoles don't use graphics cards. They use APUs. a CPU/GPU combo that does both but is inefficient and awful at doing both.

That's why I highly doubt it can beat a 7 series. Its from AMD, a budget tablet APU, that threatens its own current graphics card line up?

Its like saying the Ouya had the potential to to be a Radeon 8 series. Tablet technology gets you tablet results. Tablets are meant to sacrifice power, and performance for less heat and power draw. Both factors mostly irrelevant to a console, which hamstrings the consoles for no reason other than manufacturers being cheap.

The PS4's GPU = 1.84 teraflops. 7850 = 1.76 teraflops. The highest end cards are in the 5 teraflops though. At least, I believe that's what the Titan puts out.

Do you have some sort of information that would make this number to measure output unreliable? A teraflop is a unit of computing speed equal to one million million floating-point operations per second. So it's a standard way to measure computing speed.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/393991-33-7970-compare

When it comes to flops for gaming, they are sort of a joke. If you talk about flops in a gaming sense around techie sites, you usually run a high risk of getting laughed at. They recommend things like texture units, Vram, and such.

Even then, over 2 flops aren't exactly rare. There is even a card in the 6 series that does more.

tflops isn't exactly the end all be all number for graphics. From what i read, the only place it truly matters is CPU, and the PS4's CPU is kind of a joke.

So then, the forum you sent me is merely saying that we don't have that information yet. So I'm not sure how you're claiming that it can't do this or that when the only information we have is that it can and the informaiton we really need to verify that claim isn't there.

Lightknight:

Ultratwinkie:

Lightknight:
The PS4's GPU = 1.84 teraflops. 7850 = 1.76 teraflops. The highest end cards are in the 5 teraflops though. At least, I believe that's what the Titan puts out.

Do you have some sort of information that would make this number to measure output unreliable? A teraflop is a unit of computing speed equal to one million million floating-point operations per second. So it's a standard way to measure computing speed.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/393991-33-7970-compare

When it comes to flops for gaming, they are sort of a joke. If you talk about flops in a gaming sense around techie sites, you usually run a high risk of getting laughed at. They recommend things like texture units, Vram, and such.

Even then, over 2 flops aren't exactly rare. There is even a card in the 6 series that does more.

tflops isn't exactly the end all be all number for graphics. From what i read, the only place it truly matters is CPU, and the PS4's CPU is kind of a joke.

So then, the forum you sent me is merely saying that we don't have that information yet. So I'm not sure how you're claiming that it can't do this or that when the only information we have is that it can and the informaiton we really need to verify that claim isn't there.

I highly doubted it can do much.

Its a budget tablet APU from a company that is desperate and almost bankrupt. You don't have to be a computer scientist to figure that out.

LaochEire:
I don't really post on The Escapist, but can I just say that Steam is an absolute rip off when it comes to new games. In fact over in Ireland Gamestop can undercut Steam with a physical retail copy of a PC game by €20 euro. I never understood the myth about Steam being this bastion of excellence and the main reason to own a PC.

Sure, it has those great sales and they are great, but if I want a game upon release I would have to wait up to a year before it becomes anyway affordable on Steam.

Honestly, with Steam. I really just don't get it. Someone enlighten me, please.

That's because Steam has rubbish currency conversion. They just have no clue how to do it.
If you're using the US Dollar, then Steam has ridiculously good prices.
OT: I can't believe this video was needed. Seriously.
With that said, my friend and I all see Steam for what it is: DRM. Still, we use it because its generally really convenient.

Except for games with 3rd party DRM like SecuRom or GFWL. Fuck that shit.

Don't mind Steam because I've acquired most of my games for $10 or less on there. Don't mind the DRM aspect when it means I can save so much money. Also don't mind it because unlike the xbone's original ideas, it doesn't depend on my internet connection.

Spent 3 months last year with no internet and could still play all my games 100% fine on Steam.

JetFury:
Honestly this is kinda obvious. Kids that don't understand the advantages of pcs and consoles are really watering down any digital/ future of gaming discussion. It's sad. I mean don't they at least know the pc gets a lot more sales? And better ones at that. Stop comparing consoles to pcs console kids, you'll lose. Specially since consoles are losing the advantages of consoles as they try to become pcs

The digital era will be one where consumers sell / trade digital copies of their games to one another.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2012/07/04/curia-digital-distribution/

It's going to be awesome for the pc!

Calibanbutcher:

Jimothy Sterling:
Why PC Gaming Gets Away With It

The Xbox One no longer enforces restrictions on used games, but the debate over console DRM is not over. One lingering question is this -- why are consoles criticized, but PC gets away with it?

Watch Video

Competition is good for consumers?
*GASP*
HERESY
MONOPOLIES WILL BRING US FULLFILMENT AND ENLIGHTEN US ALL, STOP THIS CONFUSING NONSENSE ABOUT "CHOICE" AND "BENEFITTING THE CONSUMER".

Also: Jim, you wanna take part in one of the next "failcasts"?

Oh great monopolies, guide us!

themilo504:
Hooray for the pc master race.

People rag on steam and valve? Didn't know that.

I'm still rather worried what would happen if valve where to ever go bankrupt, having most of my games vanish one day is a scary idea that keeps me up at night.

I have heard some people rag on Steam, and fair enough, there is some annoyances with it and I have been turning to GOG and Amazon for my gaming somewhat more these days. But thats one of the beauties of the PC - no one owns the whole thing, so no-one can enforce stupid rules over the whole system.

Note, you could argue microsoft have tried with Windows 8, but frankly thats as big a fail as the XBone's DRM policy, and there are versions of Linux that are actually -usable- these days, so Microsoft aren't able to force us all to our knees.

Why do you need to say something so obvious? Because PC is still heavily stigmatized, and young gamers either A) aren't secure enough about their schoolyard "rep" to be the "hipster" PC gamer, or B) can't convince their parents to buy into it (that old PCs are for work, consoles are for play mentality) and need to put up the image that they chose console. Now, some people, young gamers included, do have access to PC gaming and legitimately PREFER console for whatever reason that's perfectly valid for them, but those are usually the rare few rational gamers that will admit that PC is actually a good platform, it's just not for them. The fanboys would rather remain ignorant, they probably feel less guilty speaking out of ignorance than out of their arse.

P.S. PSN: http://psnprofiles.com/TheBaron87
GT: https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamertag=thebaron087

Tell me I'm a fanboy.

TheBaron87:
Why do you need to say something so obvious? Because PC is still heavily stigmatized, and young gamers either A) aren't secure enough about their schoolyard "rep" to be the "hipster" PC gamer, or B) can't convince their parents to buy into it (that old PCs are for work, consoles are for play mentality) and need to put up the image that they chose console. Now, some people, young gamers included, do have access to PC gaming and legitimately PREFER console for whatever reason that's perfectly valid for them, but those are usually the rare few rational gamers that will admit that PC is actually a good platform, it's just not for them. The fanboys would rather remain ignorant, they probably feel less guilty speaking out of ignorance than out of their arse.

P.S. PSN: http://psnprofiles.com/TheBaron87
GT: https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamertag=thebaron087

Tell me I'm a fanboy.

I enjoyed reading your comment and find it very rational and concise; I do think there are alot of console 'kidz' who support console over PC because of insecurity and/or ignorance, as you say, but I also agree there will be some (don't know how many) who'd chose console for whatever reason if equality equipped with knowledge of both.

I do feel as well that there has been (and I think, still is) some defenders of PC gaming who harm our cause by being overly aggressive (people taking things too far on the internet? NEVER!) in there love of the platform. I personally prefer my PC for all my gaming, and only have the XBox and PS3 for exclusive games (that generally turn out not to be worth the hype they gathered); I'm sure now that I won't be getting the next-next-gen consoles - possibly a Wii or something when my son is old enough to play games like that.

Akalabeth:
And a PC isn't DRM?

Er... no. No, it is not. It's the exact opposite of DRM - it's a platform with a plethora of options available. Don't like steam? Use gog. Don't like gog? Use greenman. Don't like either and feel masochistic? Use origin. Prefer physical copies shipped to you? Wait for the great holiday amazon deals.

Consoles are the *opposite* of this. A single company holds the reigns over everything you can possibly do. They decide what goes on sale and when. They ban you and remove your entire library. They ban your XBL and prevent you from connecting online ever again for updates or multiplayer gaming.

On PCs, no company has that power. Even if microsoft's nanny software detects an unauthentic version of Windows, there is software available to tell it to fuck itself. You are in control of where you buy games from. You are in control of the programs you use. You can turn advertising off with internet browser plugins, and you can customize the OS in any way imaginable.

You cannot do a fraction of that on consoles. The company OWNS the console - you are merely keeping it warm and giving it a house. Consoles are DRM - PCs are not. That's why they are, and have always been, the superior choice for a true gamer. Consoles have only been able to compete for a few short gens, when they were actually about playing video games - and now that consoles are about dicking players as much as possible and costing as much money as possible, they're falling back into the black recesses they came from. The only way companies can turn this fall around is by making consoles about video games again. Until then, RIP consoles 1995-2012.

Machine Man 1992:

uro vii:

Machine Man 1992:
Now granted with the next gen looking to make consoles into shitty PC's, instead of like Jim said and a staying slightly behind the curve, this argument may have some merit, but until that time where I no longer have to carry around a sticky note with my system specs written down when I go shopping, I'm staying console.

This is really a non-issue. I've never even heard of someone getting a game that turned out to somehow be incompatible with their pc, nevermind experienced it, and I've bought hundreds of games and have a large number of friends and family who've bought as much if not more than I have. And if you mean in terms of hitting minimum specs, you'd have to be quite ridiculously out of touch in order for you to have no idea whether your hardware is recent enough to be compatible.

Oh well EXCUUUUUSE me, Mister Moneybags! But I don't have access to the vast stores of wealth you clearly have to afford all this stuff! I had to make do with my dad's hand-me-downs, a 500 Mhz rig that chugged on Internet Explorer. Hell it chugged on Half-Life 1. It was barely compatible with stuff from 2004, let alone today. We got rid of it when the whole family switched to Mac's.

> complains about being poor.

>> OWNS A MAC.

Let me guess, you have an ipod, an Iphone, and beats by Dr. Dre too?

The reason why PC digital distribution is way ahead of console's is because PC digital distribution doesn't have to worry about developing hardware. It's all software. Console companies have to develop their actual consoles and have to keep updating them as graphical and processing requirements increase with newer games. All digital distributors do is simply make sure they have the content available on their servers and beyond that, all of their efforts can go to improving the service. Since all of the emphasis on console gaming is the console itself, digital distribution on consoles gets left behind. As was pointed out in the video, Sony and Microsoft don't want some other digital distributor cutting in on their profits from people using their product, so they tightly control the digital market so they can keep all of the money for themselves. If there ever happens to be a console that can outlast a gaming PC or another company's console, then I'm sure the console digital distribution market will get better and there may be options for opening up the digital distribution market there. But so long as hardware and software development go hand-in-hand and while the hardware gets all of the attention, the software component will continue to stagnate.

Ultratwinkie:

Machine Man 1992:

uro vii:

This is really a non-issue. I've never even heard of someone getting a game that turned out to somehow be incompatible with their pc, nevermind experienced it, and I've bought hundreds of games and have a large number of friends and family who've bought as much if not more than I have. And if you mean in terms of hitting minimum specs, you'd have to be quite ridiculously out of touch in order for you to have no idea whether your hardware is recent enough to be compatible.

Oh well EXCUUUUUSE me, Mister Moneybags! But I don't have access to the vast stores of wealth you clearly have to afford all this stuff! I had to make do with my dad's hand-me-downs, a 500 Mhz rig that chugged on Internet Explorer. Hell it chugged on Half-Life 1. It was barely compatible with stuff from 2004, let alone today. We got rid of it when the whole family switched to Mac's.

> complains about being poor.

>> OWNS A MAC.

Let me guess, you have an ipod, an Iphone, and beats by Dr. Dre too?

I never said I was poor. I don't technically own the mac, my dad does.

You are jumping to conclusions and putting words in my mouth.

Machine Man 1992:

Ultratwinkie:

Machine Man 1992:

Oh well EXCUUUUUSE me, Mister Moneybags! But I don't have access to the vast stores of wealth you clearly have to afford all this stuff! I had to make do with my dad's hand-me-downs, a 500 Mhz rig that chugged on Internet Explorer. Hell it chugged on Half-Life 1. It was barely compatible with stuff from 2004, let alone today. We got rid of it when the whole family switched to Mac's.

> complains about being poor.

>> OWNS A MAC.

Let me guess, you have an ipod, an Iphone, and beats by Dr. Dre too?

I never said I was poor. I don't technically own the mac, my dad does.

You are jumping to conclusions and putting words in my mouth.

Original post from the system quote message:

"Okay, that made me laugh, allow me to elaborate; The mac, the iPhone, the Ipod, they technically belong to my parents. If I was to spring for a top of the line gaming PC with eyegasm resolutions, I'd have to buy it myself. Even with my current job I would not be able to afford the fucking thing.

Besides; the iMac is cheaper than whatever gaming rig you have. Stabler too.

So do me a favor, and bog off and stop twisting my words and jumping to conclusions."

Imac costs an upwards of 1,200-2,000.

My gaming rig cost me 800$, 700 if you don't include the charge to put it all together. See how cheap everything is if you don't have to pay the brand tax?

Keep in mind this is around 2-3 year old rig. Yet it can compare to a new Imac rather easily in specs if what I read is correct.

3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i5-2500
Radeon 6850.
1 TB hard drive.
8 gigs of ram. I almost had double for cheap but the store ran out. It was a sale at Christmas time.

I never have crashes or issue either. Wanna know why? Because this isn't 1989 and I know not to go and download files from a Nigerian prince promising millions.

So no, the Imac isn't cheaper nor is it more stable. You are paying for branding, nothing more.

Ultratwinkie:

Machine Man 1992:

Ultratwinkie:

> complains about being poor.

>> OWNS A MAC.

Let me guess, you have an ipod, an Iphone, and beats by Dr. Dre too?

I never said I was poor. I don't technically own the mac, my dad does.

You are jumping to conclusions and putting words in my mouth.

Original post from the system quote message:

"Okay, that made me laugh, allow me to elaborate; The mac, the iPhone, the Ipod, they technically belong to my parents. If I was to spring for a top of the line gaming PC with eyegasm resolutions, I'd have to buy it myself. Even with my current job I would not be able to afford the fucking thing.

Besides; the iMac is cheaper than whatever gaming rig you have. Stabler too.

So do me a favor, and bog off and stop twisting my words and jumping to conclusions."

Imac costs an upwards of 1,200-2,000.

My gaming rig cost me 800$, 700 if you don't include the charge to put it all together. See how cheap everything is if you don't have to pay the brand tax?

Keep in mind this is around 2-3 year old rig. Yet it can compare to a new Imac rather easily in specs if what I read is correct.

3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i5-2500
Radeon 6850.
1 TB hard drive.
8 gigs of ram. I almost had double for cheap but the store ran out. It was a sale at Christmas time.

I never have crashes or issue either. Wanna know why? Because this isn't 1989 and I know not to go and download files from a Nigerian prince promising millions.

So no, the Imac isn't cheaper nor is it more stable. You are paying for branding, nothing more.

Oh well then, since you know so much about my computer, you should know that it actually cost less than that.

Here's the kicker for me: Used games are the only way I can get games for the prices they deserve to have paid for them (and, of course, that still doesn't affect games that have large chunks of their content behind DRM... I'm looking at you, Disgaea 3).

I'd gladly throw twenty at Portal/2 or thirty for Civ... being who I am, one who dropped 120USD on Phantasy Star 4 (just as my parents did at launch, which makes for a fun story...), I don't mind paying for games I love. I've chucked... 400USD at games on Kickstarter in the past year. I'm going to be snagging Pier Solar once I get my OUYA... but there's not enough fantastic experiences, and those that would be are *way* too expensive at 60 a pop. I think the last console game I paid full price for was... Brawl, actually, for a day-one tourny (second in 2p, first in team)... though I did buy FFXIII with the 360, so that sorta counts...

Neither was worth it.

Machine Man 1992:

Ultratwinkie:

Machine Man 1992:

I never said I was poor. I don't technically own the mac, my dad does.

You are jumping to conclusions and putting words in my mouth.

Original post from the system quote message:

"Okay, that made me laugh, allow me to elaborate; The mac, the iPhone, the Ipod, they technically belong to my parents. If I was to spring for a top of the line gaming PC with eyegasm resolutions, I'd have to buy it myself. Even with my current job I would not be able to afford the fucking thing.

Besides; the iMac is cheaper than whatever gaming rig you have. Stabler too.

So do me a favor, and bog off and stop twisting my words and jumping to conclusions."

Imac costs an upwards of 1,200-2,000.

My gaming rig cost me 800$, 700 if you don't include the charge to put it all together. See how cheap everything is if you don't have to pay the brand tax?

Keep in mind this is around 2-3 year old rig. Yet it can compare to a new Imac rather easily in specs if what I read is correct.

3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i5-2500
Radeon 6850.
1 TB hard drive.
8 gigs of ram. I almost had double for cheap but the store ran out. It was a sale at Christmas time.

I never have crashes or issue either. Wanna know why? Because this isn't 1989 and I know not to go and download files from a Nigerian prince promising millions.

So no, the Imac isn't cheaper nor is it more stable. You are paying for branding, nothing more.

Oh well then, since you know so much about my computer, you should know that it actually cost less than that.

Apple store, best buy, and every place I checked say the same price.

Unless someone bought it for you, just like everything else you listed. Which is a moot point because everything is free when someone else buys it for you.

Or you are just going "nuh-uh" when you find good computers don't cost thousands of dollars in this day and age.

jmarquiso:

This. Origin is actually very well made and doesn't take as much Memory as Steam. That said, I rarely open it as I have like 2 games on it. I also never see adverts for EA games because of this.

Mmmm...I must thoroughly disagree on a few things here.

Origin is definitely not well made. Even now it's still incredibly unstable. Far more so than Steam usually is. Something that shouldn't be the case given that it's essentially just a rebuilt EA Download Manager with a new (awful*) UI and a few new social features.

* and I do mean awful. The main window even has dead mouse space with no rendered background present.

Secondly, while I can't vouch for every system, on every one I've used Origin has used more system resources than Steam. With consistency.

Right now I have Steam open and running several functions. From multiple text and voice chat windows, downloading two games and an update, and updating my profile page.

Yet, a quick glance at my resource manager shows: ~5% CPU usage and between eighty and one hundred fifty megs of RAM.

Origin generally utilizes from 1% to 10% and around one hundred fifty megs while idle.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Again, this is only from the wide range of systems I've used personally or from the experiences of others that I've talked with. I can't say this is true for all systems. In fact, I'm sure it's not.

Also, I'll grant, that I haven't used Origin recently. So perhaps the issue was a long standing memory leak of some kind that has since been patched. I'll have to look into it again.

Just to chime in on the PC hardware discussion: It is my impression that hardware development reached its peak in 2006/2007 and has since slowed down considerably. My PC, which I bought in 2008 for about 1000€ still runs most games on high or very high detail and resolution. That would have been unthinkable even six, seven years ago, when PCs were outdated pretty much immediately after you bought them. Now, though, seems a pretty good time to buy one since technology has hit its ceiling.

That, by the way, is also the reason why these new consoles aren't really THAT superior to their predecessors - the average hardware requirements just haven't moved very far since 2008.

Personally I don't agree with PC DRM policies like that of Sim City or Diablo III where you NEED to do the online authorization every time you want to play the game. It's pointless and serves the same purpose as console DRM to basically alienate a percentage of gamers, while also making the games sometimes unplayable due to personal circumstances.

However I do fully support DRM such as game codes and account linked games. Since often the serial number is unique enough to ensure that a game is the real thing, or that if a game is linked to a account it makes it so only one PC can play the game at a given time. (Although creative policies such as "Glitching" the hacked game are also entirely acceptable. Such as Batman Arkham City where gliding is disabled, or Grand Theft Auto 4 where the world starts wobbling and cars are instantly dropped to 1% health when you enter them).

Yet that seems to you to be more likely somehow.

Huh... well it seemed unlikely to alot of people that the goverment was actually spying on them...

And along came a prism..

And you think EA or other companies would not take the chance and spy on their costumers? Heck Microsoft even admitted that their xbone kinect will infact listen to everything thats said in the room and analyse it somehow to bring targeted advertisement to the xbones dashboard.

You see evidence is actually in favor of it being allmost certain that companies ARE spying on us.

One of the reasons that the PC market has much more DRM and gets away with it is also the ease of creating copies of Games.

Its so piss easy that Gamestores werent accepting used copies of PC games even before Steam really got rolling.

A console is DRM in itselfe because it only accepts "original" discs and not something you burned yourselfe.

A PC does not care what type of disc you put in, it will accept it and the data on said discs.

People have come to terms with the fact that theres more DRM on PCs because the PC itselfe doesnt limit anything.

But console hardware in itselfe limits your freedom so putting something ontop of that that limites your freedom even more is no acceptable.

And since every PC nowadays comes with a burn drive its kinda obvious why the PC game market is in its current state.

Ultratwinkie:

Machine Man 1992:

Ultratwinkie:

Original post from the system quote message:

"Okay, that made me laugh, allow me to elaborate; The mac, the iPhone, the Ipod, they technically belong to my parents. If I was to spring for a top of the line gaming PC with eyegasm resolutions, I'd have to buy it myself. Even with my current job I would not be able to afford the fucking thing.

Besides; the iMac is cheaper than whatever gaming rig you have. Stabler too.

So do me a favor, and bog off and stop twisting my words and jumping to conclusions."

Imac costs an upwards of 1,200-2,000.

My gaming rig cost me 800$, 700 if you don't include the charge to put it all together. See how cheap everything is if you don't have to pay the brand tax?

Keep in mind this is around 2-3 year old rig. Yet it can compare to a new Imac rather easily in specs if what I read is correct.

3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i5-2500
Radeon 6850.
1 TB hard drive.
8 gigs of ram. I almost had double for cheap but the store ran out. It was a sale at Christmas time.

I never have crashes or issue either. Wanna know why? Because this isn't 1989 and I know not to go and download files from a Nigerian prince promising millions.

So no, the Imac isn't cheaper nor is it more stable. You are paying for branding, nothing more.

Oh well then, since you know so much about my computer, you should know that it actually cost less than that.

Apple store, best buy, and every place I checked say the same price.

Unless someone bought it for you, just like everything else you listed. Which is a moot point because everything is free when someone else buys it for you.

Or you are just going "nuh-uh" when you find good computers don't cost thousands of dollars in this day and age.

Why you mad bro? Because I received Apple products as gifts? Or because I see a gaming PC as a waste of money when I could get a console that plays (more or less) the same games for under $300.

That's leaving aside the fact that all the games I wanted to play are on consoles, or are console exclusives.

But you don't care, you just look for stuff to bitch about. Like always.

Machine Man 1992:

Ultratwinkie:

Machine Man 1992:

Oh well then, since you know so much about my computer, you should know that it actually cost less than that.

Apple store, best buy, and every place I checked say the same price.

Unless someone bought it for you, just like everything else you listed. Which is a moot point because everything is free when someone else buys it for you.

Or you are just going "nuh-uh" when you find good computers don't cost thousands of dollars in this day and age.

Why you mad bro? Because I received Apple products as gifts? Or because I see a gaming PC as a waste of money when I could get a console that plays (more or less) the same games for under $300.

That's leaving aside the fact that all the games I wanted to play are on consoles, or are console exclusives.

But you don't care, you just look for stuff to bitch about. Like always.

First, I am not mad. I am confused when you say macs are cheaper. Which they are not, apple's entire philosophy is price and branding over power. Which its practically enforced to all retail outlets.

If a mac is cheaper because some one bought it for you, and they can afford 1,200-2,000 dollars, you might as well just ask them to buy you an actual computer. Bam, same price.

Normally "I can't afford a computer on my own" isn't shameful, but saying a mac cheaper than a PC is laughable because of the listing price itself.

I am not bitching, I am mocking your overly defensive reasons.

"consoles are cheaper! 400-500$ dollars as a down payment and 60$ for every new game when I am forced to upgrade to next gen! Compared to pc gaming where I can get a good one for 400-700$ and get more games than the consoles get for 5-10$ with much more variety, replayability, and capability."

Funny, I don't see you calling consoles over priced, especially when apple has made mobile games popular. If you were overly concerned with price.

Neither defense actually makes any sense, and it seems like you are scrambling and moving goalposts so you can find a contrived reason to think PC gaming is hard and expensive and troublesome. Especially in an age where every gamer is angry at console gaming's mentality because of publishers forcing DRM and sub-par 2 hour games at 60$ a pop.

So come on, try moving some more goalposts and being overly defensive, this is getting funny. If price was actually a sticking point, you would have done what I did and jumped through all sorts of hoops to get any sort of discount on anything. yet it seems you put ease and higher cost over actual bargain hunting.

You can't have it both ways.

I don't often agree, or even like what Jim has to say in his videos. However, this vid is bang on target. Every point is valid. It's a shame that obvious things need to be explained to people, sometimes even to otherwise smart people. I will be using a lot of these points (Or just linking to the vid in its entirety) in my own future arguments with blockheaded console loyalists (Not saying all console loyalists are blockheads, just the ones that I know are blockheads).

Ultratwinkie:

Machine Man 1992:

Ultratwinkie:

Apple store, best buy, and every place I checked say the same price.

Unless someone bought it for you, just like everything else you listed. Which is a moot point because everything is free when someone else buys it for you.

Or you are just going "nuh-uh" when you find good computers don't cost thousands of dollars in this day and age.

Why you mad bro? Because I received Apple products as gifts? Or because I see a gaming PC as a waste of money when I could get a console that plays (more or less) the same games for under $300.

That's leaving aside the fact that all the games I wanted to play are on consoles, or are console exclusives.

But you don't care, you just look for stuff to bitch about. Like always.

First, I am not mad. I am confused when you say macs are cheaper. Which they are not, apple's entire philosophy is price and branding over power. Which its practically enforced to all retail outlets.

If a mac is cheaper because some one bought it for you, and they can afford 1,200-2,000 dollars, you might as well just ask them to buy you an actual computer. Bam, same price.

Normally "I can't afford a computer on my own" isn't shameful, but saying a mac cheaper than a PC is laughable because of the listing price itself.

I am not bitching, I am mocking your overly defensive reasons.

"consoles are cheaper! 400-500$ dollars as a down payment and 60$ for every new game when I am forced to upgrade to next gen! Compared to pc gaming where I can get a good one for 400-700$ and get more games than the consoles get for 5-10$ with much more variety, replayability, and capability."

Funny, I don't see you calling consoles over priced, especially when apple has made mobile games popular. If you were overly concerned with price.

Neither defense actually makes any sense, and it seems like you are scrambling and moving goalposts so you can find a contrived reason to think PC gaming is hard and expensive and troublesome. Especially in an age where every gamer is angry at console gaming's mentality because of publishers forcing DRM and sub-par 2 hour games at 60$ a pop.

So come on, try moving some more goalposts and being overly defensive, this is getting funny. If price was actually a sticking point, you would have done what I did and jumped through all sorts of hoops to get any sort of discount on anything. yet it seems you put ease and higher cost over actual bargain hunting.

You can't have it both ways.

First off, I wasn't even conversing with you, you injected yourself into a debate that was over before you even got here.

Second, I don't need or want a gaming PC, because every single time someone brings up a PC, I get flashbacks; an endless stream of blue-screens, system freezes, crashes, and Ctrl-Alt-Del-ing through problems. Endless technical bullshit, endless problems. I've had enough. I used a PC for about a decade, give or take. When the whole family switched over to Mac's and consoles, rather than just have PC's, all that bullshit went away.

Third, are Mac's Windows? No? Then they were worth every penny theoretically spent. It doesn't matter what the brand is as long as it isn't fucking Windows. And this thing I'm using isn't even that new: I got it about 4-5 years ago (I can't remember).

Forth, given how almost every PC user I've encountered so far has been an elitist douchenozzle, I'm not really convinced PC is all that great. If I wanted a radical personality change, I'd do PCP.

Fifth, the "PC games have better games defense" doesn't really work when A) a lot of games these days are released on ALL platforms, B) indie games can work on most rigs, even Macs, and C) it's not like the exclusives have me my the short-and-curlies.

Machine Man 1992:

Ultratwinkie:

Machine Man 1992:

Why you mad bro? Because I received Apple products as gifts? Or because I see a gaming PC as a waste of money when I could get a console that plays (more or less) the same games for under $300.

That's leaving aside the fact that all the games I wanted to play are on consoles, or are console exclusives.

But you don't care, you just look for stuff to bitch about. Like always.

First, I am not mad. I am confused when you say macs are cheaper. Which they are not, apple's entire philosophy is price and branding over power. Which its practically enforced to all retail outlets.

If a mac is cheaper because some one bought it for you, and they can afford 1,200-2,000 dollars, you might as well just ask them to buy you an actual computer. Bam, same price.

Normally "I can't afford a computer on my own" isn't shameful, but saying a mac cheaper than a PC is laughable because of the listing price itself.

I am not bitching, I am mocking your overly defensive reasons.

"consoles are cheaper! 400-500$ dollars as a down payment and 60$ for every new game when I am forced to upgrade to next gen! Compared to pc gaming where I can get a good one for 400-700$ and get more games than the consoles get for 5-10$ with much more variety, replayability, and capability."

Funny, I don't see you calling consoles over priced, especially when apple has made mobile games popular. If you were overly concerned with price.

Neither defense actually makes any sense, and it seems like you are scrambling and moving goalposts so you can find a contrived reason to think PC gaming is hard and expensive and troublesome. Especially in an age where every gamer is angry at console gaming's mentality because of publishers forcing DRM and sub-par 2 hour games at 60$ a pop.

So come on, try moving some more goalposts and being overly defensive, this is getting funny. If price was actually a sticking point, you would have done what I did and jumped through all sorts of hoops to get any sort of discount on anything. yet it seems you put ease and higher cost over actual bargain hunting.

You can't have it both ways.

First off, I wasn't even conversing with you, you injected yourself into a debate that was over before you even got here.

Second, I don't need or want a gaming PC, because every single time someone brings up a PC, I get flashbacks; an endless stream of blue-screens, system freezes, crashes, and Ctrl-Alt-Del-ing through problems. Endless technical bullshit, endless problems. I've had enough. I used a PC for about a decade, give or take. When the whole family switched over to Mac's and consoles, rather than just have PC's, all that bullshit went away.

Third, are Mac's Windows? No? Then they were worth every penny theoretically spent. It doesn't matter what the brand is as long as it isn't fucking Windows. And this thing I'm using isn't even that new: I got it about 4-5 years ago (I can't remember).

Forth, given how almost every PC user I've encountered so far has been an elitist douchenozzle, I'm not really convinced PC is all that great. If I wanted a radical personality change, I'd do PCP.

Fifth, the "PC games have better games defense" doesn't really work when A) a lot of games these days are released on ALL platforms, B) indie games can work on most rigs, even Macs, and C) it's not like the exclusives have me my the short-and-curlies.

When you go to the doctor do you get flashbacks of bonesaws and leeches? No? Then get out of 1495 and get with the damn program.

Hell, I remember when macs were so crappy everyone took turns taking a big ole dump on Steve Jobs every chance they got. Before apple went mobile. Did that stop people?

even multiplatform doesn't really work anymore when PC is getting huge swaths of games thanks to kickstarter, and no, mac games are by no means just as prevalent.

Hell, Linux gets more games than Mac does right now. Wanna know why? Because ever since the Apple II, Steve Jobs has always dismissed gaming.

and you rely on what other people are doing on their console? Did that stop people from playing Xbox and playstation with the racist, homophobic 5 year olds online?

Again, you get overly defensive and your contrived reasons are hilarious. What next, are you going to talk about how pagers are cool and your new CRT monitor is the bee's knees?

Ultratwinkie:

Machine Man 1992:

Ultratwinkie:

First, I am not mad. I am confused when you say macs are cheaper. Which they are not, apple's entire philosophy is price and branding over power. Which its practically enforced to all retail outlets.

If a mac is cheaper because some one bought it for you, and they can afford 1,200-2,000 dollars, you might as well just ask them to buy you an actual computer. Bam, same price.

Normally "I can't afford a computer on my own" isn't shameful, but saying a mac cheaper than a PC is laughable because of the listing price itself.

I am not bitching, I am mocking your overly defensive reasons.

"consoles are cheaper! 400-500$ dollars as a down payment and 60$ for every new game when I am forced to upgrade to next gen! Compared to pc gaming where I can get a good one for 400-700$ and get more games than the consoles get for 5-10$ with much more variety, replayability, and capability."

Funny, I don't see you calling consoles over priced, especially when apple has made mobile games popular. If you were overly concerned with price.

Neither defense actually makes any sense, and it seems like you are scrambling and moving goalposts so you can find a contrived reason to think PC gaming is hard and expensive and troublesome. Especially in an age where every gamer is angry at console gaming's mentality because of publishers forcing DRM and sub-par 2 hour games at 60$ a pop.

So come on, try moving some more goalposts and being overly defensive, this is getting funny. If price was actually a sticking point, you would have done what I did and jumped through all sorts of hoops to get any sort of discount on anything. yet it seems you put ease and higher cost over actual bargain hunting.

You can't have it both ways.

First off, I wasn't even conversing with you, you injected yourself into a debate that was over before you even got here.

Second, I don't need or want a gaming PC, because every single time someone brings up a PC, I get flashbacks; an endless stream of blue-screens, system freezes, crashes, and Ctrl-Alt-Del-ing through problems. Endless technical bullshit, endless problems. I've had enough. I used a PC for about a decade, give or take. When the whole family switched over to Mac's and consoles, rather than just have PC's, all that bullshit went away.

Third, are Mac's Windows? No? Then they were worth every penny theoretically spent. It doesn't matter what the brand is as long as it isn't fucking Windows. And this thing I'm using isn't even that new: I got it about 4-5 years ago (I can't remember).

Forth, given how almost every PC user I've encountered so far has been an elitist douchenozzle, I'm not really convinced PC is all that great. If I wanted a radical personality change, I'd do PCP.

Fifth, the "PC games have better games defense" doesn't really work when A) a lot of games these days are released on ALL platforms, B) indie games can work on most rigs, even Macs, and C) it's not like the exclusives have me my the short-and-curlies.

When you go to the doctor do you get flashbacks of bonesaws and leeches? No? Then get out of 1495 and get with the damn program.

Hell, I remember when macs were so crappy everyone took turns taking a big ole dump on Steve Jobs every chance they got. Before apple went mobile. Did that stop people?

even multiplatform doesn't really work anymore when PC is getting huge swaths of games thanks to kickstarter, and no, mac games are by no means just as prevalent.

Hell, Linux gets more games than Mac does right now. Wanna know why? Because ever since the Apple II, Steve Jobs has always dismissed gaming.

and you rely on what other people are doing on their console? Did that stop people from playing Xbox and playstation with the racist, homophobic 5 year olds online?

Again, you get overly defensive and your contrived reasons are hilarious. What next, are you going to talk about how pagers are cool and your new CRT monitor is the bee's knees?

Fuck me, that was fast. It's almost like you're poised, ready respond as soon as I post, BUT THAT WOULD BE CRAZY.

You're clearly upset about something, because no-one would defend the platform this hard. No-one, except blind fanboys who can't fathom why anyone wouldn't want to be part of the glorious PC gaming master race. A master race composed entirely of people who project so hard, they could point themselves at a wall and show off power points.

I don't need a PC. I don't need eye-fucking graphics, keyboard and mouse controls, or the ability to mod games. I don't need the hassle of constant upgrades to stay current. I don't need any of the bullshit PC gamers take for granted.

I can do just fine with consoles. You don't need to agree with me on why I like consoles over PC. You do need to back the hell off already, and go irritate someone else.

 Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Log in or Register to Comment
Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  
  
Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here