Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Funniest Cheats

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Top 5 Funniest Cheats

Lisa gives us all a good laugh with the top five funniest cheats.

Watch Video

Love the cheat modes in GTA and Saints Row. Don't agree with your number 1 as it wasn't as fun in hindsight but then again I do remember laughing at shooting enemies in the crotch with DK mode on and giggling =D

I loved the blizzard cheats. Starcraft's were awesome.
Black Sheep Wall and There is no Cow Level

Can't wait to see how you'll work Homestar runner into next week's video :P

Does anyone remember the cheats in Superman Returns that allowed you to transform into a phonebooth, a potted plant, or an ice cream truck? There aren't many things funnier than surprising a bunch of unaware civilians with a phonebooth that suddenly destroys a block of cars with laser vision.

I loved the machine gunning car from age of empires 2. that was so weird.

Wuv Woo from Age of Mythology:
You get a flying purple hippopotamus with a top hat, batwings and a rainbow vapor trail as a controllable unit. It attacks by blowing hearts.

GTA IV was the only GTA game that I played through without cheating. I could never resist to use cheats in those games, it's just so much more fun for me.

Agreed on the Timesplitters cheats. Funniest way to play mutliplayer in Timesplitters; paintball mode, human gun sounds, big head mode and everyone plays as Hans.

Man, I still remember most of the cheats I used from Starcraft...
Operation Cwal
food for thought
medieval man
power overwhelming
show me the money

Good times... Good times...

Speaking of good times;

Now I'm off to watch more Strongbad videos! /wooosh!

Perhaps its not worth mentioning because the game is little known and terrible but there is a game based upon the Underworld film series for PlayStation 2 where you can play through the missions as either the Vampires or Lycans.
Anyway, there's a cheat, I think it only works when you're playing as a Lycan but I cant remember exactly (I played this game once and that was years ago), that lets you transform into an all powerful unstoppable killing machine chicken!

Sticking with vampire based games: not necessarily funny itself but I find humorous that it's been included in the first place, one of the BloodRayne games has a cheat that makes all the female characters boobs bigger.

I'm surprised the Konami Code didn't make some sort of honorary mention in the list. By the way, I never tire of saying this: while in The Escapist, press UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, ENTER and dogs will appear. Somebody always finds out for the first time!

Honestly, I haven't used a cheat in games since Sonic the Hedgehog back on the Sega Genesis. Yeah, that long...

It all started with the cheat Super Jump on the Game Genie. It was great as it made Sonic jump incredibly high. There were entire levels that you could basically skip over with that cheat. But then you got the one of the later levels. A water level. With the Super Jump activated, for some reason, Sonic couldn't enter water, he'd just bob up and down on the surface. Meaning you literally couldn't complete the game because at that level, you HAD to go underwater, but couldn't.

That ended my short lived love affair with cheats. Even in games that do it for fun, I rarely ever use them.

I played San Andreas and Morrowind long after I had originally gotten bored of the games, because cheating made them so much fun again.

I did the same thing with Warcraft 2. Eventually, I got tired of even bothering with the level and entered the cheat for automatic victory.

And yes with DK mode! I didn't use it all too often because it made it harder to nut-shot the infinite soldiers as they entered the office where you get the plane key on the runway level.

I know NBA Jam did big head mode before Goldeneye, but nobody really cares about that part.

Now I guess there's a classic cheat codes coming up soon, which will feature the Konami code and DULLARD from Mortal Kombat for the Genesis.

Rblade:
I loved the machine gunning car from age of empires 2. that was so weird.

howdoyouturnthison -- the best

Also expected to see some love for the classic Sims cheat "rosebud;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!"

I loved "disco" in Warcraft II.

Huh, and here I thought the dancedancemalak cheat from Kotor would have gotten in since Lisa is definitely a fan of HK-47... might have something to do with the fact that the cheat never seemed to work in my experience.

The cheat is in the house.

Simon the Killer Ewok + all the batshit crazy eastereggs in Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. 'Nuff said.

That T-shirt... I see what you did there.

So happy Timesplitters made the list.
<-----I'm still holding out hope

The Kevins... plural?

Isn't cloning illegal?

Cut-offs and a The Cheat t-shirt. Oh, my...

OT: Awesome cheat from Legacy of Kain: Defiance, Up, Down, Left, Right, R2, L2, Triangle, Down, and Circle (Kain only).

Fear...the tube...

I remember invincibility cheat back in Twisted Metal. Hold both shoulder buttons and press Up, Down, Left, Right, Right, Left, Down, Up.

Also, Heroes of Might and Magic 3 had some pretty fun cheats, but I remember only AGENTSMITH that would give you an army of black knights.

Johnny Novgorod:
I'm surprised the Konami Code didn't make some sort of honorary mention in the list. By the way, I never tire of saying this: while in The Escapist, press UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, ENTER and dogs will appear. Somebody always finds out for the first time!

I'VE BEEN HERE FOR SOOOOO LONG AND I NEVER KNEW THAT.

MIND =BLOWN

OT: I always loved Dual Rocket Launchers cheat for Goldeneye. Made every multiplayer game a game of dodgeball.

The Tomb Raider games also had a good set.

I don't remember what they were, you could get all the weapons, jump ahead a level, or, if you entered them wrong, explode horrifically.

I just learned about the Arkham City Big Head cheat only a few days ago, so seeing it on this episode was great.

lacktheknack:

I don't remember what they were, you could get all the weapons, jump ahead a level, or, if you entered them wrong, explode horrifically.

And surprisingly, none to make Lara naked?

Blood Brain Barrier:

lacktheknack:

And surprisingly, none to make Lara naked?

Nope, that was a myth.

It made it SO fun to troll people in junior high.

DK Mode from Golden Eye... okay, okay. You win this round Lisa.

XD

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Johnny Novgorod:

I'VE BEEN HERE FOR SOOOOO LONG AND I NEVER KNEW THAT.

MIND =BLOWN

OT: I always loved Dual Rocket Launchers cheat for Goldeneye. Made every multiplayer game a game of dodgeball.

First time I've heard of it too! MY MIND ALSO = BLOWN.

OT: Last time I properly mucked about with cheats was with Jedi Academy. Dismemberment on, spawn a bajillion stormtroopers and/or dark jedis, go nuts.

vxicepickxv:
I know NBA Jam did big head mode before Goldeneye, but nobody really cares about that part.

Now I guess there's a classic cheat codes coming up soon, which will feature the Konami code and DULLARD from Mortal Kombat for the Genesis.

You could do a whole episode on top 5 NBA Jam cheats. And Mortal Combat for that matter.

Missed the video. I want a The Cheat t-shirt..

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here