Zero Punctuation: Prince of Persia

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Prince of Persia

This week Zero Punctuation reviews Ubisoft's latest addition to the Prince of Persia series.

Watch Video

We know Yatzee has been looking forward to his favorite game series being shat upon...

Actually, I'd have to say it is refreshing that the game faithfully reproduces the true schizophrenic nature of women. They are definitely going for realism these days!

Excellent, I've been waiting for this one.

Go yahztee go! This game has been disputed across the internet and ive been waiting for what you think. Which is pretty much what everybody else has been saying.....

Great game if you overlook the combat

Very funny. I had totally forgotten today was Wednesday and that this was coming out for some reason. It was a nice surprise. I really liked the goose analogy.

yay yahtzee back on top after last weeks no show grrr

Yet again, it seems Yahtzee is going out of his way to find extra flaws. He comments so meekly on the perks, and then wastes a large majority of time complaining about all kinds of things. Then he says it's nice, and complains that he enjoys it.

Everything becomes so very bizarre when Yahtzee wants to like a game, almost because he can't bring himself to. Despite all of that, at least it's a step in the right direction, even if it's still trying too hard to be something it isn't anymore.

is it just me or did it seem that yatzee actually gave a "glowing" review to a game?

One of the absolute best. yes POP is dead =(

sublime as always

so basically during combat Elika is the grenade with a measurement prejudice?, not the all empowering sidekick Ubisoft would lead me to believe?.

edit; like ALL women, fnar fnar

Perhaps they added the bit where you can choose how much dialogue the sidekick gives as an Anti-Yahtzee complaint gimmick! They knew he doesn't like excessively unnecessary dialogue and tried to fool him into not noticing other things by giving him the choice. Silly Ubisoft. Trix are for kids!

I'm surprised Yahtzee didn't like the new PoP. I thought it was really good.

And here I thought this new Prince game would be a step back to the GOOD 'Sands of Time' formula! The running was, but not the combat? Seems silly.

Oh well! Funny show, nonetheless!

Loved the opening goose analogy. I'm a bit surprised about his hate for elika though, I've heard great things about her even though I haven't played it. I guess goldstein's a liar.

edit:

ColdStorage:
so basically during combat Elika is the grenade with a measurement prejudice?, not the all empowering sidekick Ubisoft would lead me to believe?.

edit; like ALL women, fnar fnar

hur hur

Mythbhavd:
Perhaps they added the bit where you can choose how much dialogue the sidekick gives as an Anti-Yahtzee complaint gimmick! They knew he doesn't like excessively unnecessary dialogue and tried to fool him into not noticing other things by giving him the choice. Silly Ubisoft. Trix are for kids!

so they added a "Yahtzee" story option to appease him, much like Tecmo added the "pirate eating beef jerky" difficulty to Ninja Gaiden to appease Maddox.

I think Yahtsee's review was legit. I mean, sure it does LOOKS like a nice enough game, but then you get to dialogue and you wonder why the characters aren't just coughing up cheese.

Good job mate!

Awesome, great review

G0DF4TH3R:
is it just me or did it seem that yatzee actually gave a "glowing" review to a game?

It wasn't quite as positive as BioShock, Psychonauts or the Orange Box, but it wasn't as despicable as Too Human, Condemned 2 or Clive Barker's Jericho. Which means that the shiny new Prince of Persia joins the ongoing cavalcade of mediocrity streaming out from places like Hollywood and Bungie.

Nice one. I made a deal with my inner grumpy-old-man that I was not even going to try Prince of Persia (or any Ubisoft game) after they messed Far Cry 2 up so bad then claimed to 'patch' it. Now I know I wasn't missing anything. :)

wow while watchin that like 12 more comments were added :L

Excellent reveiw

WOW another Prince of Persia game review! Funny as always and you make it seem like PoP is another series going down shit road, what a shame.

I think that this is the first ZP thread in a while that hasn't had the first 5 people banned for posting stupid stuff.

New Yahtzee, yay!

Though I've lost count of how many times has the PoP franchise been rebooted.

Good review for ending the year.

True, true. Was looking forward to seeing the great Sands of Time formula again, but Ubisoft seems to wipe the PoP dev team's memory before every sequel i guess.

Hurray for labradors.

it was okay i guess, a "meh" maybe dont know, its too early to care that much, yet i want to check it out also i want to hear more about yathzees game damage show ;)

Exploding nipples and implied bestiality in a Prince of Persia game with more references to Zoroastrianism than Persia.

No, I don't know what those two clauses had to do with each other, but it's all good.

The game was great aside from the combat, especially when the "only one type of attack allowed" comes into play and when the claw attack is the only choice you go to quick time event hell...

funny review as always Yahtzee, and you actually (slightly) liked it too? wow.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Good review, and have a happy new year (Though at Australia, its already 2009).

Very fair. I had epic difficulty fathoming Elika, being thrown between finding her really quite awesome, and blisteringly irritating.

And then the ending wound me up large style.

And I re-dubbed those shitting sliding ring-things "Ring Bastards" because that is what they are.

ikari_matt:
it was okay i guess, a "meh" maybe dont know, its too early to care that much, yet i want to check it out also i want to hear more about yathzees game damage show ;)

Yeah, good point! What's actually gonna happen with gamedamage? Would I be the only person here who thought that the gamedamage pilot was pretty good?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54106)