Zero Punctuation: Prince of Persia

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

"At least a Labrador will make out with you if you train it properly."

Lonely as ever...

Liquid-Prince:

Gregorus Prime:
Oh no, a Persian person missed the point of a joke entirely and got all offended! Better stop making video reviews forever.

The definition of a joke is to be funny to all.

When the Hell was this agreed on?

As for Yahtzee's review, I agree. The series lost it's greatness after Sands of Time.

sv93:
I'm surprised Yahtzee didn't like the new PoP. I thought it was really good.

but if he liked it so much why would he review it? he only does reviews to slag games (which i have nothing against),not praise them

i mean he DID one or two reviews of games he liked but they were boring because he didn't mock them to death.

Yet another amazing review from Yahtzee. Just ordered my copy of PoP :)

Well, it's good to see the oft-unused kitty-kat sprite. In addition, I could tell they would cock things up with this one. Good to know I wasn't totally wrong. Good review, though not as insane as some of his previous titles. Still, it made me chuckle.

I wonder if this series will eventually go the way of Sonic.

Say Anything:

Liquid-Prince:

Gregorus Prime:
Oh no, a Persian person missed the point of a joke entirely and got all offended! Better stop making video reviews forever.

Yeah, I thought jokes were in some way supposed to be making fun of something, and if it's funny to all, it's not making fun of anything, and it's not funny at all.

wow he..liked it?

I dunno I'm not too far into the game but I find Elika a lot more interesting then Princy boy over here with the scarf... sure his character design is awesome artistically but he's plagued by having EXACTLY THE SAME PERSONALITY AS EVERY OTHER ACTION ADVENTURE HERO EVER (whether they be in games or movies)
See it's gotten to me so much that I had to push the dreaded caps lock.... but sometimes it seems were stuck between Mute Link-alike, Brendan Fraser and mopey-mcwhiney-kins.
So I couldn't really critic Elika being a mishmash of 3 stereotypes with the one big one walking next to her. But then I can already see Elika exerting all her energy and dying, or ascending to a higher plane of existence, or she was already dead and just being kept alive by life seeds until her job saving the area is done.
I'll just say I'll be supremely surprised if she's alive for the credits and not shoved in a fridge somewhere (that or she'll just lose her powers and therefore stop being awesome). When you know a character's going to die it makes it very hard to form an attachment to them...

I know its only my first PoP game, but I fail to see what all the gripe is about with the new Prince. Its a completely new series, the platforming is amazing, and you can control how much story / chit chat you want to hear. I've heard great things about the Sands of Time trilogy, but this is a new series, give it a chance.

Vlane:

daedrick:
More than 3 sequels = automatic failure. Like always... but people dont learn.

Mario, Zelda, Metroid, MGS, CoD, etc.

Mario-wrong
Zelda-wrong
Metroid- somewhat wrong
MGS- very wrong
CoD- my god you're stupid

Say Anything:

As for Yahtzee's review, I agree. The series lost it's greatness after Sands of Time.

I've never quite figured what people's beef was with Warrior Within and Two Thrones. Sure, they may have been drastically different in style to the Sands of Time (espec. WW), but they were still great games. Also, I can't help but feel it seems a bit fruitless to disregard those 2 games and take Sands of Time on it's own. They are meant to be a series after all and without that ending to The Two Thrones, Sands of Time would really just be another game. Still a very good one, but it still wouldn't seem the same, really...

Fightgarr:
I just realized his comment about American developers which shows some ignorance considering that its shown in the fucking intro sequence that its by Ubisoft (which is Canadian) and is a Ubisoft Montreal production.

argh! maybe you should have noticed that i already made a comment almost to the same effect but more correctly said Ubisoft started in France! Not only that i noticed he said he was publishers not american developers!

but on second thought he doesnt really bash Americans he says "Publishers think that Americans cant relate to anything but Americans" and then he says "we should try to give them (americans) credit"

SO I GUESS HES REALLY BASHING PUBLISHERS!!!!

Say Anything:

Liquid-Prince:

Gregorus Prime:

I should rephrase, a GOOD joke shouldn't be insulting and be funny to all. Web definitions: activity characterized by good humor.

"Oh no everyone can see my bum"
That never gets old

I was never interested in the PoP series in the first place. And Yahtzee made my choice stay that way.

I thought the game was actually pretty damn fun. Then again it's not my job to get all anal about every little thing i can possibly find.

Thankfully i just watch these for the comedy and don't let them influence my every single video game purchase like some people seem to.

WOW
PoP is finally dead!!!!
yes the only decent one was sands of time

I wonder what other series will die soon.

This game would have been better if it was faster. Sliding, running, wall-running, etc. were all so nauseatingly slow that, combined with the inherent effortlessness, it made me want to load up Ninja Gaiden II to remember what good platforming was like.

...Yes, I just compared NGII platforming favorably. I'll give you a second to wipe your brains off the wall.

Yeah definitely the funniest and most accurate review in a long while...

maybe Yahtzee should always have a week off to perfect his craft? Just saying...

justdan:
Actually, I'd have to say it is refreshing that the game faithfully reproduces the true schizophrenic nature of women. They are definitely going for realism these days!

I laughed like you won't believe.

Spot on as usually, specially the fight sequences, they're so annoying, but in general words the game is great :)

mambi:

Vlane:

daedrick:
More than 3 sequels = automatic failure. Like always... but people dont learn.

Mario, Zelda, Metroid, MGS, CoD, etc.

Mario-wrong
Zelda-wrong
Metroid- somewhat wrong
MGS- very wrong
CoD- my god you're stupid

Get your facts right before you post stupid stuff like this. All these franchises (fourth installments) I named got very good reviews and sell pretty good.

Sorry I clicked on the wrong button.

Just in case you don't look back after a while, in your Fallout 3 review, you mentioned that there is a reason why no-one has combined real-time with turn-based combat. Just thought I'd mention that Command And Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath does exactly that,(Global Conquest mode) could make a good review.

i loved this game, i truly did.
As soon as i saw this review i thought yahtzee was spot on about everything, especially the thing about the combat being crap and the no dying and comparing it against Mirrors Edge (which i also liked) and Prey not being able to make it work,
I have been playing warrior within this week and it gets annoying now that you have to keep going back if you make a free-running mistake, jumping out to a pole in the slightly wrong direction cuz the camera screws up etc.
The battle system is the only thing bad about this game apart from the ridiculous (yet epic) ending

BTW can someone show me how to have that scroll over thing to conceal things like spoilers in the forum.

EDIT: Also, Two Thrones/Rival Swords was definitely the best one, I hated sands of time

So, did you like it?

Haha, I know what you mean, they were so annoying!

Angels230292:
LOL!, thank god someone had to take the Prince of iraq down a notche .... and all his fans >:D

That will be Iran, not Iraq.

Abedeus:

Oh, and Elika speaks Persian.

You mean Farsi?

A lot of you seem to be missing the point that its not the same series...it carries the Prince of Persia name, but it is a completely new character starting down a completely new story.

MaxFan:
Do give us credit. As an American, it really bothered me that the characters had American accents. I mean, come on, it's supposed to be Prince of Persia

I don't get this argument. In fact, I abhor this argument. If he is from Persia, then he should speak Farsi, not Farsi-accented English. Now, if learning Farsi to understand PoP is too much trouble to go for (and, for me, it is), then plain, unaccented English is fine.

hehe, i smell a fanboy...

Awesome review Yahtzee

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook