Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: There Is Another Game

Pages 1 2 NEXT

There Is Another Game

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

I think David Boreanaz just took out a restraining order on the entire Escapist.

I feel like I wasn't in on whatever joke Jim was telling, but it's always entertaining to watch his psychopathic eyes leering into the camera just the same.

:P

Tough to pick a winner this week. Yahtzee's was as brilliantly executed and on-the-button as always, but the sheer randomness of Jim's had me in stitches.

Thunderous Cacophony:
I think David Boreanaz just took out a restraining order on the entire Escapist.

Does that mean he has two against me now, or....

Loved Yahztee's take on the can'tsole.

Yahtzee's speech was brilliant. It really highlighted a lot of problems that I have with the AAA industry these days. I guess this is why I'm buying fewer and fewer games.

ZZoMBiE13:
I feel like I wasn't in on whatever joke Jim was telling, but it's always entertaining to watch his psychopathic eyes leering into the camera just the same.

He's mocking the Xbone fiasco, where Microsoft was all "you can't do this, and if you don't like it go somewhere else...Wait, where are you going? I was just kidding when I told you to fuck off back to yer mum!"

God, that last poem by Jim was odd in a deranged manner. Plus its weird to see him without a hat on and his hair all messed up. O_o

Great job, you two.

I don't know what the hell was Jim talking about but it was awesome nonetheless.

Zachary Amaranth:

ZZoMBiE13:

He's mocking the Xbone fiasco, where Microsoft was all "you can't do this, and if you don't like it go somewhere else...Wait, where are you going? I was just kidding when I told you to fuck off back to yer mum!"

No, that was yahtzee. He was wondering about the David Boreanaz thing; I also think I'm missing context for that.

Ah, I was wondering when Jim's many Tweets about Boreanaz was going to affect him. XD

That psychotic look was just the icing on the extremely weird cake.

I think Jim is a bit overworked :)

I have a man-crush on David Boreanaz as well, but... now I'm just going to see Jim's disheveled form whenever I see him in Buffy/Angel.

Way to ruin the moments that make me want to kiss him on the mouth, Jim.

Zachary Amaranth:

ZZoMBiE13:

Yeah, I got Yahtzee's gag. I was talking about Jim.

NinjaDeathSlap:
Tough to pick a winner this week.

Isn't the real winner the audience? ;)

Damn Jim, how hard was it to get your hair like that, looks magnificent!

I was laughing (slightly awkwardly) at the look in your eyes... both funny and terrifying.

This week was funny, but mostly in a very disturbing way....

In short; 0_0 Both Yahtzee and Jim are really scaring me today.......

Sterling was competing with Croshaw this week for most deranged expression...

Quite the list Yahtzee managed to illuminate in verse. Good show. Jim's was amusing, though I fear food poisoning.

Nazrel:

Zachary Amaranth:

ZZoMBiE13:

No, that was yahtzee. He was wondering about the David Boreanaz thing; I also think I'm missing context for that.

...I don't know how I saw "Ben" instead of "Jim." Oi.

Maybe Jim was celebrating the homosexual anti-marrage act overturn.

I always preferd James Masters.

I laughed so hard I'm sure I went up an octave when I saw Jim's hair. Fantastic work gentlemen.

I'm not going to lie ... I kind of feel like I need a shower after Jim's poem this week ...

Yahtzee's poem reminds me of that old Capital One commercial with David Spade.

Also Jim's poem creeped me out.

It was kinda depressing hearing all the "can't"s in Yahtzee's part, regarding the next generation of consoles.

ZZoMBiE13:

NinjaDeathSlap:
Tough to pick a winner this week.

The real winner this week was Jim's Hair.

Not going to lie, I thought Jim's poem was going to be about Half-Life 3. When he mentioned buffy and I got confused.
I guess I'm still shell-shocked from this article.

*twitch

And Yahtzee takes the cup this round... Not only was he less random than Jim, but the ending was really good.

ZZoMBiE13:

I wonder if the only people losing are those insistent on turning this into a Vs series.

Jim's part had a target audience that isn't the typical Escapist member. His target audience was informed of the video's existence. Explaining it would cheapen it. It is a journey you'd have to have been on with Jim, and Jim made the video not because he wanted to, but because he was compelled, it could no longer be contained.

At least that is how I choose to view it.

Jim's poem was pretty much just a trailer for podtoid.

Both great again this week. Yahtzee's was a little depressing with it's accuracy, and Jim's was a little odd, but it very well crafted. I suspect there is something hidden in Jim's that we aren't getting.

Great, now I have the Thong Song stuck in my head... -__-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oai1V7kaFBk

Krinkle Ymouse:
Not going to lie, I thought Jim's poem was going to be about Half-Life 3. When he mentioned buffy and I got confused.
I guess I'm still shell-shocked from this article.

*twitch

Same here.
FFS! Valve, where are you? :(

I liked Yahtzee's more this week. "We can't you back, even stronger!" xD

...Jim has snapped. I think I like it.

Yahtzee's poetry also made me smile. :3

These two always kill it, they would probably make great rappers. I was really curious how David Boreanaz was gonna fit into this, I still haven't forgotten that horrible show he did in the 90's. Not to be confused with the horrible show he did more recently.

I always thought you were creepy Jim, this didn't do much to allay my suspicions. Well done, though.

Jim blithered 'bout Boreanaz
And his costume - I laffed my azz off!
Make no mistake
Our man Yahtzee was great
But can someone tell me what Jim's point was?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here