Full Metal Genesis

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Full Metal Genesis

He is a bit of a bamf when you think about it.

Read Full Article

Alphonse: making the best of a horrifying situation.

The Gentleman:

At least he's not short :P

Gendo Ikari, best dad ever.

Shinji Ikari, only person to complain that he gets to pilot a giant robot and live with MILFsato.

I love you guys, you just made my day again. Eva really is a goldmine for this strip...

Al, doing life like a boss heheh.

[SPOILERS AHEAD]

It never ceases to amaze me how well Al ends up taking all the situations he's thrown into during the series. Personally, after that whole, [spoiler] "you are probably a fake soul created to make your brother feel better" [spoiler] situation, I would've gone a little bit more nuts than he does! Now, because of this, he is a total boss in my opinion.

This is distilled brilliance. ANd also encapsulates why I find FMA to be such a superb manga/anime

the robot is also his mother..
and AL might not even be a real AL

I'd say that Al definitely copes better than Shinji. But then again, no one ever said Shinji was good at coping. Whining and refusing to hit on any of said hot chicks despite the fact that a number of them practically throw themselves at him: Shinji's got that one covered. But coping with emotional distress? Not quite his thing.

I've always said that if you need therapy, you won't after watching the last two episodes of Evengeleon. But if you don't need therapy, you most certainly will after watching the last two episodes of Evangeleon.

I'm sorry, it just doesn't make sense. Granted it's been damn near a decade since I've watched the series, but I remember leaving with the impression "WTF just happened? Soooooo was the entire point of the Angel Invasion just to get Shinji to stop being such a sniveling little bitch? Also apparently to get him to choke out that loudmouth redhead?" Some gay guy gets his head popped off and it brings about the end of the world as Shinji is sent to a purgatory that he can't escape from until he realizes "I am me and the me that matters is the me that I see me as. Other people might see a different me than the me that I see myself as, but those "me"s don't matter since they're not the true me. The true me is the me that I see myself as by reflecting the "me"s that other people create about me, but what's important is the me that I want to be because I'm me!" "CONGRATULATIONS!"

Daystar Clarion:

Shinji Ikari, only person to complain that he gets to pilot a giant robot and live with MILFsato.

And red-head tsundere.
And blue-haired kudere (or however they are called).

Two of my favorite anime described in a (hysterically shaped) nutshell. Pure genius!!!

I've been wanting to see Neon genesis since everyone says that it is very good. However, from what I have seen of it is that it show cases the very worst stereo types of anime, (Weak main character, excessive fan service, all female characters clinging to the protagonist like flies around a turd, oh and that stupid thing anime does where the main character slips and land body first on a female touching her breasts looking embarrassed)

Devon Mendicino:
Al, doing life like a boss heheh.

[SPOILERS AHEAD]

It never ceases to amaze me how well Al ends up taking all the situations he's thrown into during the series. Personally, after that whole,

situation, I would've gone a little bit more nuts than he does! Now, because of this, he is a total boss in my opinion.

To make the spoiler tags actually hide the spoiler, make sure the second one looks like this: [/spoiler]

Quote me to see what I've done. :)

Never got into Evangelion, I can't handle shows or books or comics or anything where people are just pussies who cry and wait for other people to fix their problems for them.

Loved FMA though.

This made me laugh.

Daystar Clarion:

29-year old women are milfs now?

Damn, I'm getting old.

Grey Carter:

Because the responsibility of thousands of lives and being manipulated and tested by your sociopathic father in a modern day world is just a peachy life :)

Y'know, if you really have to think about it.

Casual Shinji:

Daystar Clarion:

Damn, I'm getting old.

Well, the youngest recorded mother was 5 years old, so yeah. Though, most people would hesitate to admit liking to fuck her until she was much older.

Casual Shinji:

Daystar Clarion:

Damn, I'm getting old.

Age has no bearing on milf status. If you have a kid as a woman, you are a mother.

Alphonse still crys form time to time, and in fact went into a bit of a depression when he questioned if he was ever really alive before, or just something Edward created.

Also you forgot he wants to eat a pie when he gets his body back. ;3

DVS BSTrD:

The Gentleman:

At least he's not short :P

Yep, Aphonse Elric has amazing coping skills.

Daystar Clarion:

Technically she's not actually a MILF. You need to be a Mom first :P

Just admit you like NGE already Grey. Nobody makes this many strips about a single show they don't like.

Not that this stops this strip being 100% accurate. There is a strong argument for Shinji's attitude as being justified, but not so much when compared to a lot of other characters.

Alphonse was easily one of my favourite characters from FMA.

"I'm going to learn kungfu." That's one way to deal with guilt.

thaluikhain:

Casual Shinji:

Daystar Clarion:

Damn, I'm getting old.

Well, the youngest recorded mother was 5 years old, so yeah. Though, most people would hesitate to admit liking to fuck her until she was much older.

Oh dear, I think we might've gone too far in a few places.

Should probably change subject to something less disturbing...

Grey Carter:
Full Metal Genesis

Read Full Article

Are you trying to make a metapoint about both the similarities and differences of anime and how they have the same basic backstories but different reactions to each situation or am i thinking too hard?

On the other notes, the contrast works but as evident from the question, I was thinking too much to laugh.

Legion:
Just admit you like NGE already Grey. Nobody makes this many strips about a single show they don't like.

Not that this stops this strip being 100% accurate. There is a strong argument for Shinji's attitude as being justified, but not so much when compared to a lot of other characters.

Both Ed and Al had a goal throughout the series though. Shinji doesn't have such a goal to keep him stable.

Legion:

Alphonse was easily one of my favourite characters from FMA.

I thought Grey was a fan, and that was why he has so many of these done.

Anyway, Bamf?

I've had people tell me FMA wasn't good anime because it was "too westernized." Ha.

Also, Elric brothers are kick-ass.

mrhateful:
I've been wanting to see Neon genesis since everyone says that it is very good. However, from what I have seen of it is that it show cases the very worst stereo types of anime, (Weak main character, excessive fan service, all female characters clinging to the protagonist like flies around a turd, oh and that stupid thing anime does where the main character slips and land body first on a female touching her breasts looking embarrassed)

That's kind of the point. It's a deconstruction of these stereotypes. In context, most of the fanservice is disturbing, only occasionally played for humor. The trip and feel is pretty much the first of these, but it gets a lot weirder and more uncomfortable.

Daystar Clarion:

Oh boy, here we go again. Let's see, he also has had various tragedies that we are lucky to never happen as stated in the comic: abandonment, low self-confidence, and extreme pain and agony to the point of wanting to die.

that giant robot, it will literally torture you as you fight because of the pain transmission, everytime an angel blast or rips a chunk of flesh off, you feel that agonizing pain and since the actual damage is not occurring on your body, it tend to cause a mental drain

as for the women, Misato has her own problems and as of Eva 3.0 kind of hates Shinji for third impact. Asuka is extremely closed off and pushes Shinji away so hard that he feels even greater abandonment. Rei is pretty much a empty shell that can be replaced over and over and that continual cycle of having someone you are close to die and come back with no memory of your experience together would have an effect.

I'm honestly tired of people who say that Shinji should stop whining. The pain he goes through and the timeframe he experienced them would crack many people in real life.

Eri:
Age has no bearing on milf status. If you have a kid as a woman, you are a mother.

I don't know... Teen milf sound like a bit of a contridiction somehow.

God, what am I even talking about!?

did a eva DVD boxset fall on your dog or something because almost every comic has been making fun of it for the past few months.
also to many words in the second panel.

mrhateful:
I've been wanting to see Neon genesis since everyone says that it is very good.

I felt the same, and watched. Now I hope I could unsee it, because it was that fucking horrible, and it also made not watch any anime at all, unless it has very good recommendations from sources that I respect.

They should both learn Cry-fu, its real easy but kinda stings.

Izanagi009:

Daystar Clarion:

Oh boy, here we go again. Let's see, he also has had various tragedies that we are lucky to never happen as stated in the comic: abandonment, low self-confidence, and extreme pain and agony to the point of wanting to die.

that giant robot, it will literally torture you as you fight because of the pain transmission, everytime an angel blast or rips a chunk of flesh off, you feel that agonizing pain and since the actual damage is not occurring on your body, it tend to cause a mental drain

as for the women, Misato has her own problems and as of Eva 3.0 kind of hates Shinji for third impact. Asuka is extremely closed off and pushes Shinji away so hard that he feels even greater abandonment. Rei is pretty much a empty shell that can be replaced over and over and that continual cycle of having someone you are close to die and come back with no memory of your experience together would have an effect.

I'm honestly tired of people who say that Shinji should stop whining. The pain he goes through and the timeframe he experienced them would crack many people in real life.

Called it.

I'm very well aware of the actual implications of the show.

See, we have these things we do for comic effect.

You may of heard of them before, they're called jokes.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here