Trailers: inFamous: Second Son - Gameplay Trailer

inFamous: Second Son - Gameplay Trailer

A nice peaceful day ruined by some overzealous security.

Watch Video

Like I wasn't gonna get this anyway, but Hot Damn that looks fun. The vents were a nice touch, and I see they've been playing around with more destructible scenery since the second, which is also good. And I guess someone with rock powers got the same treatment Kuo did in the last one, to give a bunch of mooks her abilities? I also hope that last finisher move doesn't always take that long, it was a little flow breaking. Admittedly, it's supposed to be a capstone, so flowbreaking might be fine at the end of a fight, but if I wanted to start out with that then mop up the survivors, it seems like it might take a few seconds too long.

Can't wait for it to come out, and grace my living room.

I can't wait to mess around with that air dash.

BehattedWanderer:
Like I wasn't gonna get this anyway, but Hot Damn that looks fun. The vents were a nice touch, and I see they've been playing around with more destructible scenery since the second, which is also good. And I guess someone with rock powers got the same treatment Kuo did in the last one, to give a bunch of mooks her abilities? I also hope that last finisher move doesn't always take that long, it was a little flow breaking. Admittedly, it's supposed to be a capstone, so flowbreaking might be fine at the end of a fight, but if I wanted to start out with that then mop up the survivors, it seems like it might take a few seconds too long.

I think there's going to be some revelations in this one about how conduits get powered up, because isn't the protagonist supposed to be able to steal powers in some form this time around too?

Dammit, now I actually need to beat inFamous 2.

BrotherRool:

BehattedWanderer:

I think there's going to be some revelations in this one about how conduits get powered up, because isn't the protagonist supposed to be able to steal powers in some form this time around too?

Couldn't say, I'm not remembering the other reveals right, though his powers seem extremely similar to those of Nix, so I'm not gonna be surprised if he can imitate certain parts of the powers of others. I was just looking at the paving stone rocks they jumped off of, and how similar they are to the way the ice guys jumped higher in infamous 2. Might just be adapted art assets, or whatever, but it was a big story point for how they got their powers, so I kind of wonder if it was the same kind of process, because I really hope for a variety of powers, and not that there are 20,000 mooks who all have the "I can move rock to make platforms under my feet" working for this bioterrorist prevention agency.

BehattedWanderer:

BrotherRool:

BehattedWanderer:

Couldn't say, I'm not remembering the other reveals right, though his powers seem extremely similar to those of Nix, so I'm not gonna be surprised if he can imitate certain parts of the powers of others. I was just looking at the paving stone rocks they jumped off of, and how similar they are to the way the ice guys jumped higher in infamous 2. Might just be adapted art assets, or whatever, but it was a big story point for how they got their powers, so I kind of wonder if it was the same kind of process, because I really hope for a variety of powers, and not that there are 20,000 mooks who all have the "I can move rock to make platforms under my feet" working for this bioterrorist prevention agency.

Well in one of the comics they show a group of conduits that the military created probably using something similar to the Power Transfer Device. Kessler did work with Moya before setting off the Ray Sphere in Empire City so its possible she knew about the Power Transfer Device the First Sons were working on. The guy in the new game is supposed to get his powers from a kid while saving a school bus so I don't know if he can copy the powers of others but I guess it would seem likely considering how he gets his smoke power.

icythepenguin:

Well in one of the comics they show a group of conduits that the military created probably using something similar to the Power Transfer Device. Kessler did work with Moya before setting off the Ray Sphere in Empire City so its possible she knew about the Power Transfer Device the First Sons were working on. The guy in the new game is supposed to get his powers from a kid while saving a school bus so I don't know if he can copy the powers of others but I guess it would seem likely considering how he gets his smoke power.

not only did she know, she greenlit the funding!

I grew up going to the space needle and science center all the time.

The detail here is amazing. The design of the buildings, the red circular paving, even the dinosaur in the pond and the wet marble you could spin in the waterworks area. This brings back so many memories. Is this what it's like for new yorkers in all those games that only looked like generic city to me?

I'm also loving the mobility of this guy. Could this be the game that finally marries the superior writing of Infamous with the superior gameplay of Prototype? All I know is that I have my reason to buy a PS4.

I hope we can customize the main character clothes. Otherwise the game look cool

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here