EXP: ScrewAttack's DEATH BATTLE! - Bomberman vs Dig Dug

That Bomberman moved slow as molasses. I call foul, on account of Atomic Bomberman being the only Bomberman I acknowledge is in existence.

Also, Goku would have kicked Supermans posterior all the way to Krypton and back.

Not watching any more of these Death Battles because of the obnoxious advert right in the middle of a 7 minute video. I can tolerate the rest, but breaking up what amount to 6 minutes of video with even more adverts is just beyond stupid.

Alfador_VII:
Not watching any more of these Death Battles because of the obnoxious advert right in the middle of a 7 minute video. I can tolerate the rest, but breaking up what amount to 6 minutes of video with even more adverts is just beyond stupid.

They're all old content anyway (Only watched this one because I actually hadn't seen it before and thought it might be new. The fact that they're advertising a battle for May 10 tells me I'm wrong).

Zachary Amaranth:

Alfador_VII:

They're all old content anyway (Only watched this one because I actually hadn't seen it before and thought it might be new. The fact that they're advertising a battle for May 10 tells me I'm wrong).

The Shadow vs. Vegeta battle is definitely old content. Hadn't seen this one before, though.

SuperMse:

The Shadow vs. Vegeta battle is definitely old content. Hadn't seen this one before, though.

Since someone else hadn't, I went and looked it up. It first went on YouTube April 25, 2011. Definitely old. I don't know how I missed it.

unacomn:
That Bomberman moved slow as molasses. I call foul, on account of Atomic Bomberman being the only Bomberman I acknowledge is in existence.

Also, Goku would have kicked Supermans posterior all the way to Krypton and back.

Superman is a terribly designed character so Goku wins on multiple fronts.

I don't mind the show but that boomstick guy is so incredibly grating.

The premise of the show is good and the other guy is interesting at least.

Maybe we should make a thread of suggestions of Death Battles. I went on ScrewAttack's website and some of the suggestions that people commented doesn't make any sense

Awwww man, Wario vs Bomberman would have been better :-p

daxterx2005:

Dude, it's been done. Whole game on that fact.

OT: Uhhh...guys? This isn't a new video. I saw this on youtube like...a while ago, before they were on Screw Attack.

unacomn:

Eh, if they had done the same kind of crap in Goku Vs. Supes, Vegeta vs. Shadow should of lasted only seconds. Considering, should my memory be correct, he's trained at 400x Earth's gravity. Then you have to multiply THAT by the increase in power Super Saiyans get (its a whole lot more than 400x). That is also well before Cell pops up.

Which is also why I have major issues with their Goku Vs. Supes fight. They deal with Goku's training under gravity, but they only use 100x (Frieza Saga). Which means, considering he has always remained Vegeta's equal, their math had some major issues. Yet they did it regardless, simply because it's never stated that Goku could handle anything more.

And that's ignoring the whole "Bioeletric" field Supes had, that apparently Goku couldn't even dent if that fight was anything to prove.

All I'm saying is if that super bomb can blow up all the terrain around Dig and conveniently right up to his feet, He prob should have died there and dig can't fall just walk up or down so i call bs on this magic drop infront of bomber man.

Just can't get my head around the fact that a guy who blows up the terrain lost to a guy who digs in it bomberman should have won and did in my head, Now i'm taking my ball and going home you guys!!!!!

theultimateend:
Superman is a terribly designed character

Funny I was about to say the same thing about Goku.
But yes Goku would wipe the floor with Superman (probably literally at some point) as the difference in power is just too big, Superman is not as strong as he used to, haven't been since the 80's

Superman is not a badly designed character there are a lot of angles to come from (Other than being Moses from space)

- Him being an alien while wanting to be/feeling as/growing up as, a human.
- The responsibility of being this icon this beacon of hope while just wanting to be an equal (for some reason I thought Pinnochio)and trying hard not to disappoint people by not living up to the image they made up about you
- The whole being something else than your fellow man and being feared/hated for it (Luthor and his kind) screams the best of spiderman and the x-men.
- An exploration the different powers the mythos have; The raw power of being a Kryptonian under a yellow sun, the power that comes with being a famous icon with the peoples hope, adoration, hatred, fear and envy to Luthors powers that stem from Intelligence, willpower, money, political savy (knowing the right people and knowing the right things about others), the willingness to play dirty.

The reason so many people dislike superman is not that he is a badly designed character, but the fact that DC does not have a single vision of what Superman is, what his personality is, what he is capable of.
And this does that there are as many supermen as there are writers and that degrades the character as a whole

Take for example the whole personality issue, as in who is the real person an who is the mask Clark Kent or Kal-El I say Clark Kent, but a lot of authors disagree and that gives a different story and a completely different Superman

OT:This video reminds me why I hate these kinds of discussions/shows.
weird match-ups, adding powers to characters while ignoring others in favour of a result that have already been decided by the creators bias.

Spacefrog:

The reason so many people dislike superman is not that he is a badly designed character, but the fact that DC does not have a single vision of what Superman is, what his personality is, what he is capable of.
And this does that there are as many supermen as there are writers and that degrades the character as a whole.

The reason there are a hundred different versions of him is because he's badly designed.

He is the strongest and smartest living being in the universe basically. He outsmarts villains who have only one ability "being the smartest thing ever".

Goku (especially in the original Dragon Ball) was very interesting.

I don't dislike Superman. He's charming and fun and his villains are delightful.

But he's basically the Bella Swan of Comic Books. He was designed as blandly and as blankly as possible so that anyone could use him for any particular project.

Is that bad? I guess not. But its not really all that interesting to me.

He will always be the poorly done Captain America. Same basic character but without much (if any) of the interesting character arcs.

... I'm sorry.

Anyone else have this dumbass advertisement RIGHT over their posting box?

PS. This is all my personal opinion. You may really like him and I feel that is perfectly valid. He's just a dry boring husk of a character to me.

FalloutJack:

daxterx2005:

Dude, it's been done. Whole game on that fact.

uh....no duh, thus my post.

Wario Blast wasn't a "Death battle" it was a bomberman game with Wario as a playable character.
Far from gauging either of them.....

Wario has an oodle of abilities and power ups nowadays. Turning into Warioman, nuclear farts etc. etc.

Seeing a Wario vs Bomberman for death battle would be amazing.

theultimateend:

Spacefrog:

And this does that there are as many supermen as there are writers and that degrades the character as a whole.

The reason there are a hundred different versions of him is because he's badly designed.

He is the strongest and smartest living being in the universe basically. He outsmarts villains who have only one ability "being the smartest thing ever".

Goku (especially in the original Dragon Ball) was very interesting.

I don't dislike Superman. He's charming and fun and his villains are delightful.

But he's basically the Bella Swan of Comic Books. He was designed as blandly and as blankly as possible so that anyone could use him for any particular project.

Is that bad? I guess not. But its not really all that interesting to me.

He will always be the poorly done Captain America. Same basic character but without much (if any) of the interesting character arcs.

... I'm sorry.

Anyone else have this dumbass advertisement RIGHT over their posting box?

PS. This is all my personal opinion. You may really like him and I feel that is perfectly valid. He's just a dry boring husk of a character to me.

Yes, but not if I'm quoting someone else. It's an infuriating bug.

On topic why is this video here? Is the Escapist just adopting every game video site smaller than itself?

Father Time:
Yes, but not if I'm quoting someone else. It's an infuriating bug.

On topic why is this video here? Is the Escapist just adopting every game video site smaller than itself?

They are owned by the company that owns this companies video.

So basically the parent company is double dipping on their stuff here.

Capitalism...yeah? :/

unacomn:

seeing as how their both goodie goodies the fight would never happen. they would hug it out lol.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here