Feed Dump: Take a Body Break with a Beaver

Pages PREV 1 2

IndomitableSam:
Oh god, why haven't I been watchng this befoe now? Love it.

Now I've just got "BODY BREAK!" stuck in my head... and that one unfortunate looking daughter's face. ... That was mean I know.

I want Joanne in her pink or purple velour tracksuit THE ENTIRE TIME. PLEASE. And Hal in his blue one.

Yes, yes! Give in... GIVE IN! And don't forget to join us for Desert Bus in November!

Wait, wait, wait... So your NOT an accounting firm Loading, Ready, Run? I call foul! What gives?

CWestfall:

Pugiron:
All of the Amazing Race challenges are based on the local culture. Canada has no culture, just watered down versions of American Culture. What sort of challenges can they do besides milkign[sic] moose and refusing to speak one language?

This is like saying Sweden has no culture since 89% of them speak English and they watch a lot of American television. You really need to get out more.

Wait, I thought Sweden had its own language.

Swedish.

Or is this that sarcasm thing I've been hearing of from time to time?

Ah, yes, the police. One of the most dangerous, well-organized, highly-armed gangs. They make great fundraisers though.

Dascylus:
The thing that makes the US version of the Amazing Race hilarious to watch is they find some of the most competitive, and at the same time, socially retarded individuals from a country renowned for the depths of idiocy found in its lower percentiles then send them to countries with strong stereotypes and film them getting all patronising to poor africans/indians or whatever other aboriginal people they can find to agree to allow them to participate. The they make them compete for $1,000,000 while driving with a manual-geared version of whatever car company is sponsoring them.

The key thing is using the low bar to pick your contestants... Is Canadas low bar low enough to be entertaining?

Yeah, it's just not the Amazing Race without highstrung American tourists saying racially/culturally insensitive things to people and criticising taxi drivers from foreign countries about their deficiencies in English.

Even if the Canadian version of The Amazing Race had exotic travel, I think it would be a slow race to watch. Primarily because like most civilized peoples Canadians apologize when they bump into people or cut infront of others at airports to grab a taxi. Whereas American Amazing Racers ... if they bowl over people, they just keep on going ahead without stopping and just edit the footage out.

Even if the Canadian version of The Amazing Race had exotic travel, I think it would be a slow race to watch. Primarily because like most civilized peoples Canadians apologize when they bump into people or cut infront of others at airports to grab a taxi. Whereas American Amazing Racers ... if they bowl over people, they just keep on going ahead without stopping and just edit the footage out.

Race contestants are the minority for sure. In my experience living overseas for the past decade, the rest of the world, including Canada, have more than enough rude, bumholes to go around. The USA in no way holds a monopoly on rude tourists.

The Random One:
Ah, yes, the police. One of the most dangerous, well-organized, highly-armed gangs. They make great fundraisers though.

Are they even allowed to draw firearms before suspects do?

I mean, surely if you escalate the situation like that, you just make it more dangerous for everyone involved.

When I first found out about Hal Johnson and Joann Mcleod was going to be on the amazing race, I had a mini freak out! which was awkward because I was at work. sitting at the bar. hilarious episode otherwise

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here