Movie Trailers: Alien Uprising - Trailer

Alien Uprising - Trailer

When are we going to encounter the nice aliens?

Watch Video

Van Dammne o.0... just take my money I'm there.

Straight to DVD Independence day?

What if the aliens are nice, but they accidentally knocked out the power grids because their tech generates an massive EMP when they land? The whole kerfuffle is because humans are being humans and panicking, not that I expect this to be anything like that subversive in it's message, bring forth the 'splosions!

Hrmmm, this might be the first decent Van Dammne movie since...well, I stopped watching him before most Escapists were born so it's been a while.

Copper Zen:
Hrmmm, this might be the first decent Van Dammne movie since...well, I stopped watching him before most Escapists were born so it's been a while.

blood sport maybe? or cyborg!

now i thought independence day was the worst form of jingoistic tat and should of been a straight to TV and region locked to the USA. but i have to say this looks worse ><

zumbledum:

Copper Zen:

blood sport maybe? or cyborg!

now i thought independence day was the worst form of jingoistic tat and should of been a straight to TV and region locked to the USA. but i have to say this looks worse ><

It might have been Blood Sport. Didn't he make one titled Kickboxer? Hrmmm, the one I remember best was based on a RL person's pit fighting history.

Which one did they have the crowd chanting "Kumite"? Also, IIRC Cyborg was interesting.

But you thought Independence Day was *gasp* BAD?!? Blasphemy! D:

"No aliens were harmed in the making of this movie" was in the credit's disclaimers! How can you downgrade a movie with that to 'straight to TV'? -_-[1]

[1] Granted it was pretty much the only original idea in the movie (as several critics noted) but it was a still a fun flick.

Was literally my first thought of this

It looks very generic.
Though I will probably keep an eye on it just in case.

Spacefrog:

Was literally my first thought of this

It looks very generic.
Though I will probably keep an eye on it just in case.

This is based in England.

Well, that looks fairly bad. And that name, when someone flies up to your planet, kills power and comms and stars blowing stuff up, its an invasion not an uprising.

Wow. I thought the purpose of a trailer was to get you to want to see the full movie. This looks like something they make for Youtube using After Effects.

Coming soon to mid-day Sy-fi channel.

It does look like it was a made for TV pilot that failed, so they put it out as a DVD to recoup their losses. Falling skies type budget but asking for 10X the CG for the same price. It must be pretty bad, as there appears to be a plot hole in the trailer (which has got to be a first). The large ships in orbit obviously did not slam into the planet or there would be no one around to notice (from either side), so why did the first ship? My guess is someone thought it looked cool in Battle Los Angeles (jingoism^2), so let's do it. Just one of the reasons this is 'straight to coaster'.

Actually, Sy-fi will probably air it 5 times a week for the next year. They need something to break-up all the wrasslin', ghost huntin', food cookin' shows. Yee haw! Gonna kill me sum alienz!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here