Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

See that's the problem right there it's a well known fact that rats actually do better with starbursts it's mice you feed skittles to.

Awww, poor Suchong :( time to preform blood-magic to transfer Sharron's life energy to preserve him.

Rainboq:

Nooo, Suchong! Don't you die on us!

You sir get bonus points for using Wilf.

*walks away mumbling to self* When I said the rat must die, I MEANT Adam Orth. DAMMIT I hate when signals mix...

thaluikhain:
Hmm...does the rat have all its toes?

Hahaha, says the person with a hawk as their avatar, trying to decide if the prey is healthy?

I want to hope that Suchong doesn't end up exploring and seeing that his family has grown without him and is in some sort of danger, then just ending up with only 1 Son left....who winds up inside Erin's house as Suchong II, not like she would notice the difference without crying......seriously, something like that might just seem slightly similar to The Simpsons episode when Lisa's cats kept dieing, afterwards naming Snowball IX (?) to Snowball II to save money on a dish.

Another Arc focusing on him though, possibly more substantial and interesting than random game-related things, with halucinations....has that even gone to status quo yet, or is it still a cross between Donnie Darko and Fight Club? (and possibly now, Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends?)

Norix596:
Awww, poor Suchong :( time to preform blood-magic to transfer Sharron's life energy to preserve him.

I'm fairly certain that Sharon is a creature of the plane of negative energy, any transfer would only hasten his demise and possibly see his resurrection as a hollow, twisted mockery of life, every second of it's existence spent in agony, only wishing death upon itself and all those around it.

Mahoshonen:
I think the problem is feeding it skittles.

I don't know about rats, but with Dogs you basically have to take them to a dietritian to figure out what you need to feed them.

Oh rats are quite capable of eating a huge variety of things, almost as broad a variety as humans. They are omnivorous and will even hunt grasshoppers and fish for goldfish and minnows. While I'd not feed my rats a bunch of skittles, I do indlge them in tasty treats on occasion, very small portions of chocolate or a bit of doughnut or a porkbone. Mostly I feed them a mix of dog food, unsweetened cereal like puffed wheat and rice, granola, uncooked pasta and dried fruit with a pretzel stick or two for the salt they need. Really, the greedy girls will woff down anything you give them though.

thaluikhain:

Indeed, rats have grabby little hands with four fingers and no thumb (thank god). If Rats did have a thumb, they'd be whisking around in steam-powered flying machines and cracking the locks on your pantry. Their escape artist abilities are amazing enough.

Also, I'm an old man who friggin' loves his rats.

Disclaimer:

Skittles are bad for your rat/cat/dog/hamster/fish/spider/snake/lizard/pet.

Brace yourself Cory, you're about to make everyone sad.

This seems sad already :(

Poor Suchong :(

cricket chirps:

thaluikhain:

Hahaha, says the person with a hawk as their avatar, trying to decide if the prey is healthy?

It's an owl, actually. And the thing with the toes was a HP reference nobody seems to have gotten :(

Rainboq:

click the previous button and suddenly he's alive again!

Headdrivehardscrew:

Disclaimer: Skittles = Bad

there ya go, fixed it for ya.. you're welcome :P

Oh goddammit Grey, this is hitting pretty close to home right now. :(

His name is Suchong?
I've read like all of these. Why didn't I know that?
Doesn't he have kids too?

thaluikhain:

cricket chirps:

thaluikhain:

It's an owl, actually. And the thing with the toes was a HP reference nobody seems to have gotten :(

My mistake. I tend to be 'that guy' when it comes to my rats. I'm all, "Hey guys, anyone wanna see my rats? Look at my adorable rats and their tiny little rat hands! LOOK HOW CUTE SHE IS, DON'T YOU JUST WANNA CUDDLE HER ALL UP?!?!?!?!"

By the end of this story arc Corey, as well as the bulk of the fanbase, will discover that the rat has a creepy cult following. God have mercy on your soul if you end this arc with his death XD

Will we be treated to six weeks of the rat hanging from a window now? Ugh.

Also, if he eats skittles, it's no wonder he's not feeling well. What a crappy rat owner Erin is, if she thinks rats can eat anything. Especially candies.

hazabaza1:
Oooh, and obligatory sad arc in a cooky gaming webcomic. This'll go really well, last time something like this happened it was so gre-

In fairness though, Ctrl Alt Del is kinda like the Family Guy of webcomics, where is this is... well, I don't know what it is, but it's sure as hell better then CAD and FG, I can tell you that. Plus it's not an incredibly serious or dark storyline, so it could work.

hazabaza1:
Oooh, and obligatory sad arc in a cooky gaming webcomic. This'll go really well, last time something like this happened it was so gre-

Captcha: Baby Blues.
Hmmm.

To be fair, there's a large gap between a miscarriage of a human child, and a rat dying of old age.

Boba Frag:
Really enjoyed the last arc you did Corey, can't wait to see the rest of this!

I second this.
Never understood why people got so crossed about Cory and Grey making nice character stories. I like having these arcs (I wished they made a comic explaining how Elliot and Molly forgave Erin for throwing that 360 on her head (even though it missed). She went through a trip inside her brain and all, but they didn1t see that!
Thanks for doing another one of these, Cory and Grey!

The Lugz:

Headdrivehardscrew:

Disclaimer: Skittles = Bad

there ya go, fixed it for ya.. you're welcome :P

Skittles can't be bad for you, they taste too good, damn it! :O

You... you stop it right now, mister. ;^; Don't you dare go through with this arc.

I can feel my heart shattering already.

slash2x:
Just like the "ending" was supposed to make you feel sad about Ethan getting killed to save his wife[...]

I haven't read CAD in ages, but lolwat?

Amaury_games:
I second this.
Never understood why people got so crossed about Cory and Grey making nice character stories. I like having these arcs (I wished they made a comic explaining how Elliot and Molly forgave Erin for throwing that 360 on her head (even though it missed). She went through a trip inside her brain and all, but they didn1t see that!
Thanks for doing another one of these, Cory and Grey!

Probably because the vast majority of people don't read this comic for character stories, but jokes about vidya gaems.

No, not Suchong, he has a family!

Wait, he still has that family right?

Rats such lovely animals. A shame how short they stay with us! They really steal your hart and hide it some where.

Blargh McBlargh:

slash2x:
Just like the "ending" was supposed to make you feel sad about Ethan getting killed to save his wife[...]

I will save you going there and giving the site a hit, and reading through months of drivel.

Ethan gets pulled into the future, via butter..... Yeah so light hearted there! Then to fuck up the light tone from that.... Zeke went terminator, killed off Ethans friends and family made an army and started killing everyone. Future Ethan is being hunted as the creator of Zeke, the resistance finds past Ethan and a resistance girl that looks like Lucas(implied daughter) saves him and starts to send him back to the past to stop Zeke. Future Ethan shoots her, gets shot himself and screws up time portal. Ethan throws himself at the machine and turns it off before it rips apart all space time. Now instead of having him pop back to his time that kills Ethan and all anyone finds of him is a scorch spot next to the time machine.

So ZERO closure.... No continuity attachment, and more or less a Terminator(first one) movie rip off, with the time travel in reverse.

Almost like the artist said "So you want a funny comic strip? FUCK YOU! I AM GOING TO KILL IT WITH FIRE!"

Somehow I knew this was a Cory arc even before reading the description.

Rainboq:

My reaction when I read this. Suchong, you better stay alive.

Man, if it wasn't for Suchong, I'm sure people would've been all over the half-naked-Erin fantease there in the first panel.

I guess I've been around animals for so long that the knowledge of their vastly shorter lifespans (in most cases, anyway) is just part of the background picture to me. I find Erin's blatant self-delusion a lot more sad... and I don't think she can blame that on the accident.

PunkRex:
So is Erin gonna get a pep talk from characters in gaming who have generally lost someone? That would be nice, concidering I can't think of any...

Cloud from Final Fantasy 7. Dante from Devil May Cry.....Caim from Drakengard. Caim especially knows about loss and death, he'd be perfect!

slash2x:
I will save you going there and giving the site a hit, and reading through months of drivel.

Ethan gets pulled into the future, via butter..... Yeah so light hearted there! Then to fuck up the light tone from that.... Zeke went terminator, killed off Ethans friends and family made an army and started killing everyone. Future Ethan is being hunted as the creator of Zeke, the resistance finds past Ethan and a resistance girl that looks like Lucas(implied daughter) saves him and starts to send him back to the past to stop Zeke. Future Ethan shoots her, gets shot himself and screws up time portal. Ethan throws himself at the machine and turns it off before it rips apart all space time. Now instead of having him pop back to his time that kills Ethan and all anyone finds of him is a scorch spot next to the time machine.

So ZERO closure.... No continuity attachment, and more or less a Terminator(first one) movie rip off, with the time travel in reverse.

Almost like the artist said "So you want a funny comic strip? FUCK YOU! I AM GOING TO KILL IT WITH FIRE!"

............... What. The. Fuck.

slash2x:

Blargh McBlargh:

slash2x:

Wow. So Tim went full blown dipshit finally? I stopped at the miscarriage thing too and it appears I got off the Shit Train just in time. I can't imagine his fanbase got any bigger with that stunt. Is he finally out of the comic business now, god willing?

LetalisK:

slash2x:

Blargh McBlargh:

Wow. So Tim went full blown dipshit finally? I stopped at the miscarriage thing too and it appears I got off the Shit Train just in time. I can't imagine his fanbase got any bigger with that stunt. Is he finally out of the comic business now, god willing?

I lacked things to do about a month back, remembered how CAD was recommended on this very forum back in 09 when I joined (remember the craziest shit at the wierdest times). Decided to check it out. Read up to, and past the miscarriage and to the very end of Ethan as a character.....

and my reaction was basically like... (wat)

Then it was just strip upon strip upon strip upon strip (think about one hundred?) of those wierdly coloured guys killing eachother.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here