LoadingReadyRun: Open and Shut

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Open and Shut

The emotional perils of an open relationship don't end when it does.

Watch Video

Bah, there is nothing wrong with Nickelback.

Anyway this could pretty much be my life at uni 10 years ago. Some strange shit went down on an almost weekly basis with all the relationships and temporary drunk hookups going on.

Graham are you breaking up with me? D,:

Kitty stole the show.

Kevin Bacon is going to be quite distraught when he hears your also breaking up with him

I suppose it's easier than the way I did it: Buy one Hallmark break-up card, attach a string to it, and then give it to each person in succession.

Also, "Transitive property of vagina" had me laughing at loud.

P.S. Who exactly was Johnny seeing? Can we see the spreadsheet too?

DVS BSTrD:

Kitty stole the show.

Graham is breaking up with all of us. We have to respect his decision.

I rewound to the cat jump part 3 times to see if I could see it. That cat is a ninja.

Sorry, sorry. That was my nickleback. You can send it to me in California. Sorry I just couldn't make it. I knew I forgot that nickleback CD somewhere.

At least Graham had the class to break up with everyone face-to-face.

Which is more than I can say for my last open relationship...

Thunderous Cacophony:

Also, "Transitive property of vagina" had me laughing at loud.

Me too! I'd like to see the math behind that. It reminds me of an episode of American Dad!, where Steve applies the transitive poperty to boobs: "My hand touched her hand, and her hand must have touched her boob, so by the Transitive Property, It touched boob. Algebra's awesome!"

captcha: face the music
I will tonight; I'm seeing Jethro Tull in San Francisco!

As a "bystander" for a lot of drama back when I went to highschool, I can vouch for the escalation that one break up in a group can lead to. I know this was a skit, but I thinkmit carries a lot of metaforical weight.

I came for my weekly laugh and rewatched for Baxter's adorableness

Oddly true to life.

Not sure if this was even a joke or a dramatic reenactment

MinionJoe:
At least Graham had the class to break up with everyone face-to-face.

Which is more than I can say for my last open relationship...

Right?

My personal favorite was a text message break-up/bailing on a rental lease; had to forward the text to the rest of the "guild" myself.

Yeah

So none of those were Grahams? Man got no game...

And It was my Nickleback

Depending on how open their relationship was we have now all broken up with everybody. I for one am looking forward to the make up sex we're all going to be having now.

DVS BSTrD:

Kitty stole the show.

Was the kitty part of the open relationship?

Do I want to know?

Lord_Bryon:
Kevin Bacon is going to be quite distraught when he hears your also breaking up with him

OK, that was better then the original stinger. They totally should have had her on the phone with "Kevin" telling him the news.

Who was "Background Beard Guy"?

Heh, really funny an- AWWWW, look at the cute kitty!

DVS BSTrD:

Kitty stole the show.

Did it seem like the cat was getting up because everyone wanted to go on a casual date?

The moment was too perfect.

What kind of fucked up conversation lead to this script? How does someone get to the question, "if you break up with someone in an open relationship, do you break up with everyone else in that relationship as well?"

theultimateend:

DVS BSTrD:

Kitty stole the show.

Did it seem like the cat was getting up because everyone wanted to go on a casual date?

The moment was too perfect.

My thoughts exactly, is the cat a part of this open relationship?

Poor Tally. Her delivery of the punchline was undermined by the presence of KITTY.

OK, first of all, I know next to nothing about polygamy, so this was actually quite fascinating. But more importantly, even if this were a thing, wouldn't this mean that the people who want to get together again can just get back together on the spot? Because that would mean that by terminating all the relationships through one termination, all the other ones would have to be officially reinstated to be of effect. This means that the main argument against polygamy becomes that it's just a bureaucratic mess.

As someone who's been polyamorous for over a decade, I find myself highly amused by this video. It reminds me of the abuse of "veto power" that sometime occurs in non-monogamy land.

so why is he breaking up with all those people? i thought he said that vaginas aren't transitive.

Damn it Graham you can't break up with me because I'm breaking up with you! And you, and you, and you, and you, and the cat, and you, and Rosco. Especially Rosco!

So... am I the only one that kind of needs a flowchart for this episode?

leviadragon99:
So... am I the only one that kind of needs a flowchart for this episode?

Ask for the Google spreadsheet. Mine should be coming from the girl I'm dating who's into this guy that knows a girl familiar with this other girl that has the spreadsheet.

Looks like breaking up is a great way to get to know new people. Who knew?

I'm amazed the cat doesn't have a special guest credit. Maybe it was his Nickelback! ♪ Look at this photograph ♫ Every time I do it makes me laugh

The hilarity is increased by the knowledge that Jeremy and Tally got married.

Gotta say, Kathleen's acting in this one was truly awesome. I love how her character really couldn't be arsed and shows it. It's a different level of "Oh, please" that I normally see from her, and I could be a bit pretentious and poncy for saying so, but it feels like she really thought about who her character was and why she was so, "Meh" about it all.

At the same time, I think that if it had been Andy in the Lewis role, this could have gone in a completely different direction.

Shouldn't the credits read Tally Petter now since they got married? Also I can't help but giggle at Tally Petter, my sense of humor hasn't matured >.>

Graham_LRR:
Open and Shut

The emotional perils of an open relationship don't end when it does.

Watch Video

Ahh the cascading breakup effect.

But seriously, is this episode a reference to Relational Databases and the cascading property of foreign keys? Because to me it looked like it was.

There is a trasitive properties of viginas (and Penesis, penisi?) its called STDs.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here