Jimquisition: Gamer Guys

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Gamer Guys

Jimquisition travels to another time and another place, examining a world taken over by gamer guys and their testosterone-addled inanity. Something must be done!

Watch Video

Excellent satire, I got a few hearty laughs out of that.

Meanwhile in the big bang theory....

Dat satire about flipping the discussion about girl gamers and thus not coming off as white knighting but instead as sarcastic and comedic, oh you Jim :U

"Guys leading me on with their muscular buns and slick calf muscles."
"using their supple, smooth bodies and elegant nipples to sell themselves on sex appeal"

Jim....it's time for you to come out of there.

(<3)

OT: Well, I didn't think that this was such a problem. I'd've thought that everyone could get on nicely, liking the things they like and peacefully letting others do the same. But if Jim's having to do a video on it, I may well have been wrong.

I just love how Jim talks about nipples with Jonathan Holmes playing Wii U on a background.

WaitWHAT:
"using their supple, smooth bodies and elegant nipples to sell themselves on sex appeal"

(<3)

Implying I've ever been in there.

Very good, very good. Point taken. You're preaching to the choir course. Anyway now I've got to go scrub myself.

This wouldn't have anything to do with that "playable Zelda" column you ran on Destructoid would it? I noticed things got a little... Heated... In the comment section there...

How did the tailor replace the wheel on his car?
He used a satintire.

But now I just feel more guilty that I never played Mario or Zelda myself

This episode is basically the mirrored version of the booth babe episode, harrdiharr :L

Aww man... from the title I thought he was going to talk about the Dudebro gamers that the majority of publishers seem to cater to now. The flipping of the current Gurl Gamers arguments was amusing but I still came out disappointed.

Don't quote me on this guys but I think Jim might have been being just a tad bit sarcastic in this video

I... don't know what exactly to make of this yet, but I can't help but notice the intentional similarities to videos about girl gamers who use their appeal and games for attention.

EDIT:

Monxeroth:
This episode is basically the mirrored version of the booth babe episode, harrdiharr :L

There we go.

WaitWHAT:

(<3)

OT: Well, I didn't think that this was such a problem. I'd've thought that everyone could get on nicely, liking the things they like and peacefully letting others do the same. But if Jim's having to do a video on it, I may well have been wrong.

Even i wouldnt fit in there...

The fact that you mentioned shadow hearts fusions just makes me love you all the more :)

Keep at it, Monxeroth! You'll whack a mole eventually.

Thank God that was an alternate reality, or I'd have thought Jim needs desperately a summer vacation...

Jimothy Sterling:

WaitWHAT:

(<3)

I wondered why you're always wearing the same shirt and tie :P

Jimothy Sterling:

He's a hero!

I did not know that Jim was from Narnia. That does explain the accent though.

Monxeroth:

Jimothy Sterling:

He's a hero!

SO CLOSE YOU CAN DO IT AH BUHLEEF IN YOU!

I don't get why the Master from buffy was being shown when he was, but other than that, enjoyed watching this a great deal.

Jimothy Sterling:

I love you, Jim. Marry me?

Monxeroth:

WaitWHAT:

Even i wouldnt fit in there...

Oh, I think I can get Jim to fit..... ;)

This video is clearly bullshit.

Are you trying to say that Jonathan "Hot Scoops" Holmes has no talent?!

Shame on you, Jim!

The great thing about this is that there's actual truth to the part about the influx of male CoD-playing and casual gamers. It's just a matter of perspective.

Thanks for getting sarcasm all over my house, Jim.

I just fucking cleaned this place, too.

So true and so funny. You wonder if any of these types of guys ever had sisters or knew any girls at all. lol Be passionate about something, whether movies, games or whatever, but isnt part of being passionate about something the chance to get other people to watch or play those things? If your passionate about a band, wouldnt you want more people to listen to them? Some guys are just dumb asses and if games are the only thing they can prove their manliness with then its a major shame.

People still think there is an issue with fake gamer girls? Well that sure is interesting. However, it was funny as always Jim.

This was the first Jimquisition that I have laughed the entire way through. Damn clever yet still has that slight angle of being serious.

One of his best yet. Damn Gamer Guys...

spplmj:
Aww man... from the title I thought he was going to talk about the Dudebro gamers that the majority of publishers seem to cater to now. The flipping of the current Gurl Gamers arguments was amusing but I still came out disappointed.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing I mean his rant was supposed to be sarcastic but yeah I feel the same way. Games are starting to be catered towards idiot dudebros and ranting 12 year olds and frankly yeah it kinda sucks.

th3dark3rsh33p:
People still think there is an issue with fake gamer girls? Well that sure is interesting. However, it was funny as always Jim.

I agree I think this issue was like 2 years ago now. Ive never personally seen a fake gamer girl but as long as they aren't interrupting my good time I don't care.

it's a good episode, pretty funny at the part where you raged away from the screen.

But I feel like the video could have been a bit closer to the date fake gamer girls were released, and that the first half of the video sounded too serious to be easily taken as sarcasm

B-b-baka Jim!
I-it's not like i..i enjoyed the..episode or anything...stupid!

Bevin Warren:
A tip of the hat.

Just the tip? You tease! You're just as bad as all the other gamer guys.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here