Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Giant Robots

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

no Jehuty? disappointing.

also why are capchas now ads for bleach?

Shadow-Phoenix:
Great having Metroplex in there since he kicked a lot of ass in Fall of Cybertron and loved watching him in the 80's tv series but I do believe Unicron would have been a great addition to the top 5 =D.

Destroyer of the universe, worlds and all that.

I'll take your Unicron and throw Primus into the ring!

I mean, he IS Cybertron, that's pretty bad ass too!

Meh! Give me an Atlas, Timberwolf or Kodiak any day. Or anything from the Battletech games.

Why aren't more countries and corporations investing in giant robot technology? I mean seriously, why haven't Mitsubishi or some other Japanese engineering/tech firm given us hulking war machines with which to rain destruction upon our enemies?

I love The Iron Giant and I cried like a baby D:

Heh, big props there for Liberty Prime.

canadamus_prime:

saintdane05:
Metroplex? Pu-leeze! You don't know the epicness that is UNICRON! DESTROYER OF WORLDS! DEVOURER OF TIME ITSELF~!

Metroplex is a city? Unicron is a PLANET! And a fucking god!

Shadow-Phoenix:
Great having Metroplex in there since he kicked a lot of ass in Fall of Cybertron and loved watching him in the 80's tv series but I do believe Unicron would have been a great addition to the top 5 =D.

Unicron isn't in a game though. ...as far as I know.

He isn't in agame YET. That's the attitude to have. But Metroplex was fun. Optimus would call him up, and metro would just bomb the SCRAP out of whatever 'cons were just that unlucky.

"...flick you into outer space like an intergalactic booger. That's the name of my new band, by the way. 'Outer Space'".

DAMMIT LISA I SPEWED MILK EVERYWHERE D:<

Also, I totally saw Liberty Prime coming. First thing that jumped to my head.

And that ending showing the guy's reaction to The Iron Giant is really, really accurate.

I watched this knowing that it was going to piss me off and it did anyway.

I can think of so many amazing robots you can't do justice to it on a top 5. In fact, here we go. All the awesome robots off the top of my head.

Mobile Suit Gundam
Shin Getter 1
Mazinger
DyGenGuard
Grungust Reishiki
Aussenseiter
Huckebein Mk. III
Alteisen
Weissritter
GAOGAIGAR
Fatum
Thrudgelmir
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
R-Blade
Assault Scout
White Glint
Unsung
Reiterpallasche
Mad Cat
Megazord
Cybuster
Astranagant
SRX
R-Gun
Temjen
Big O
Fairlion
Vaisaga
Soulgain
Valsione
Nineball

Among many others because my brain is overheating out of awesomeness just from listing off all of these awesome mecha and I haven't even scratched the surface!

Another list of robots and mechs on the Escapist....another snubbing of Battletech.

Seems our 31st century Mechwarriors can't get any love around here.

This saddens me. :'(

Darth_Payn:

canadamus_prime:

saintdane05:
Metroplex? Pu-leeze! You don't know the epicness that is UNICRON! DESTROYER OF WORLDS! DEVOURER OF TIME ITSELF~!

Shadow-Phoenix:

He isn't in agame YET. That's the attitude to have. But Metroplex was fun. Optimus would call him up, and metro would just bomb the SCRAP out of whatever 'cons were just that unlucky.

Wasn't Unicron the final boss in Transformers on the PS2?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAQqh5PNxkk

Adam Johns:

Darth_Payn:

canadamus_prime:

Wasn't Unicron the final boss in Transformers on the PS2?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAQqh5PNxkk

Loved that game :)

Wubbadout the Reapers? They're pretty badass giant robots, right?

canadamus_prime:
snipity snip snip

He is, however! Transformers for the PS2, based off of Transformers Armada.

How come she mentions Xenogears but doesn't mention that Xenogears also as a city sized robot?

Ermahgerd fake gamer girl!!! Almost as bad as those fake gamer guys with their trim calves and sleek nipples!

I think Jehuty from Zone of the Enders deserved to be mentioned =)

Darth_Payn:

canadamus_prime:

saintdane05:

Shadow-Phoenix:

Yes, right, YET. isn't in a game YET. I stand corrected.

You know, I agree with what others have said. Jehuty from Zone of the Enders. I guess you could argue that having Metal Gear AND Jehuty in the list would be too much from Hideo Kojima, but still. Jehuty could thrash more than his fair share of other mecha. The average boss is about the size of a skyscraper. And in ZOE2, you destroy five battleships with their own mecha units, all before fighting one of the biggest bosses in the entire series.

saintdane05:

canadamus_prime:
snipity snip snip

He is, however! Transformers for the PS2, based off of Transformers Armada.

I did say "As far as I know."

...although if I recall the incarnation of Unicron seen in Transformers: Armada hardly lived up to the name.

Jabberwock King:

Red X:
How did this

Not make the list? It's a friggin land mass and a God? :$

Where the holy fuck is that thing from? Its design, so elegant and smooth, kind of. I think I'm falling in love with that thing, projecting solemn majesty!

That would be from Zone of the Enders. And yes, they have some pretty awesome mech designs in that!

Negatempest:

THE greatest giant robot that could ever exist.

most importantly than any other giant robot, extremely user friendly. :P

You answered you're question right there! If it wasn't for the fact the show got canned before its time, and it hasn't really been in any games, it would of won hands down! By virtue of all the epic designs in the show alone, you'd have to limit the list to "One thing from Megas only"!

Also, men shed manly tears as Vin Dieselbot sacrifices himself at the end of The Iron Giant (don't give me no crap about not dieing!).

I was getting worried for minute or two there at the potential lack of Liberty Prime.

Megas not in the top 5?

Barry93:
Megas not in the top 5?

Unless you count that cheap flash game Cartoon Network made, Megas has never been in a video game.

Too bad Metal Wolf Chaos was never released in North America, I'm sure it would have made this list, or at least a runner-up

RatherDull:
I watched this knowing that it was going to piss me off and it did anyway.

I can think of so many amazing robots you can't do justice to it on a top 5. In fact, here we go. All the awesome robots off the top of my head.

Mobile Suit Gundam
Shin Getter 1
Mazinger
DyGenGuard
Grungust Reishiki
Aussenseiter
Huckebein Mk. III
Alteisen
Weissritter
GAOGAIGAR
Fatum
Thrudgelmir
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
R-Blade
Assault Scout
White Glint
Unsung
Reiterpallasche
Mad Cat
Megazord
Cybuster
Astranagant
SRX
R-Gun
Temjen
Big O
Fairlion
Vaisaga
Soulgain
Valsione
Nineball

Among many others because my brain is overheating out of awesomeness just from listing off all of these awesome mecha and I haven't even scratched the surface!

You are pissed at her for not having a good enough list while you yourself fail to list a variable fighter? BOO HISS.

:P

Raiyan 1.0:

You are pissed at her for not having a good enough list while you yourself fail to list a variable fighter? BOO HISS.

:P

You're absolutely right. But I made that list in a span of about 5 minutes with only mechs off the top of my head so I know I missed a few.

Given time I could make a top 50 mechs.

How can you talk about giant robots in games without mentioning One Must Fall?

cursedseishi:

That would be from Zone of the Enders. And yes, they have some pretty awesome mech designs in that!

Nope, that's the Mechonis from Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii

Where was Blendy?

Should be separate category's for Robots and Mechs (Transformers being both?)

Robots have personality's, lives dammit! Mech are just vehicles...tools

What?, they ALL look the same to you Foiles?!?!?!?

Great T5, really enjoyed it :)

WHAT! No giant Clank!? FoiLLLEEES!!!

two things.

1) this was GIANT robots, so HK-47 lovers are not getting the shaft

2) Unicron lovers, remember this is IN VIDEO GAMES.

that said, the Atlas or Mad Cat from the Mechwarrior Series should have been in here. probably the Mad Cat.

Red X:

cursedseishi:

Nope, that's the Mechonis from Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii

Aye, just realized I had a bit of a mixup on me quoting there heh.

Endocrom:

Barry93:
Megas not in the top 5?

Unless you count that cheap flash game Cartoon Network made, Megas has never been in a video game.

Too bad Metal Wolf Chaos was never released in North America, I'm sure it would have made this list, or at least a runner-up

Actually there IS another game Megas is in...but I'm not sure it counts since Megas was reduced to an immovable structure in that game. The game in question is Fusion Fall, an MMO starring practically Cartoon Network's entire "Cartoon Cartoon" lineup.

my favorite "mecha" is G-gundam, but it's anime, not game....

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here