Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Giant Robots

Pages PREV 1 2 3

RatherDull:

Raiyan 1.0:

You are pissed at her for not having a good enough list while you yourself fail to list a variable fighter? BOO HISS.

:P

You're absolutely right. But I made that list in a span of about 5 minutes with only mechs off the top of my head so I know I missed a few.

Given time I could make a top 50 mechs.

punipunipyo:
my favorite "mecha" is G-gundam, but it's anime, not game....

I think Punipunipyo is right, the title for the video is slightly misleading, although Foiles does read it as "Top 5 Giant Robots [From Gaming]". Kinda weird to have a giant robot list prompted by a movie but then restrict the list to only video games, but meh.

That being said however, many of RatherDull's listed mechs appeared in video games that were not localized for North America and in some cases they were localized but just total disasters or under performed, Robotech for example. Regardless of the sad actions of Harmony Gold, VF's are freaking amazing, as shown here

Geez did people forget that Lisa Folies does video games related top 5? Even if the other person personal favourite giant robots didn't get into the list, I easily guess that she went with the more popular giant robots but in saying so Metroplex throw me off guard (I kind of view him as a niche when it come to other people knowledge) and I know nothing about Xenobear.

Also heh, shame my brother doesn't get emotionally like that especially toward Grave of the Fireflies.

hermes200:
Liberty Prime is a pretty good choice and I can't say I disagree with him taking the top spot...

But I am kind of disappointed these guys didn't make the list:

Look how awesome they are.

Also, please notice the location of the cockpit, which is kind of meta, I guess...

Also my main qualm about this list. ZOE2 was fast, hard and AMAZING.
Wasn't it awesome when you got the Vector Cannon, then went up against a HUGE armada of ships, but you could use the VC to One-shot them?

The Iron Man...Ted Hughes?
Read the damn book...the movie is steaming pile.

SUUUUUUPER MAAAAN! *Cries uncontrollably*

Red X:
How did this

Not make the list? It's a friggin land mass and a God? :$

I heard Xenogears, but I know in my heart she meant the Mechonis.

2xDouble:
If I identify it properly, that is Mechanis from Xenoblade; the machine-god/half-planet and antithesis of all biological life.

I think you mean complement, not antithesis. Just because Zanza was a colossal prick doesn't mean their purposes were for his will.

Liberty prime sucks - it did nothing, well it killed a wall. I thought she would have that sex bot on that list. That bot was funny. :-)

Negatempest:

THE greatest giant robot that could ever exist.

most importantly than any other giant robot, extremely user friendly. :P

I know I've seen that before, wasn't it on toonami or something? I can't remember its name though.

bat32391:

Negatempest:

THE greatest giant robot that could ever exist.

most importantly than any other giant robot, extremely user friendly. :P

I know I've seen that before, wasn't it on toonami or something? I can't remember its name though.

I have no words. I am compelled to help you. :P

BehattedWanderer:

I heard Xenogears, but I know in my heart she meant the Mechonis.

2xDouble:
If I identify it properly, that is Mechanis from Xenoblade; the machine-god/half-planet and antithesis of all biological life.

I think you mean complement, not antithesis. Just because Zanza was a colossal prick doesn't mean their purposes were for his will.

Maybe... but it did fight against the Bionis for no revealed reason, causing the effective death of both and laying the foundations of the central conflict between the human and machine species. I don't know, but I'd feel pretty threatened when something tries to wipe out my progenitor planet without knowing why. On the other hand, I haven't played Xenoblade very far, so I can't really speak to it; all that must get explained later on.

But ... what about the giant robot boss fight with Axel Gear in Rocket Knight Adventures!?

punipunipyo:

Oh yes it iiiiiis! :D

Michael Wilson, President of THE GREAT UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is disappointed that you didn't include Metal Wolf on the list. It's because Japan wanted to keep Metal Wolf Chaos for themselves, isn't it?

Ugh

I enjoy these videos cos Lisa seems genuine. This one was purely marketing for a shitty movie. It felt really soulless.

SAMAS:

punipunipyo:

Oh yes it iiiiiis! :D

wow... look at that ludicrous numbers popping out in these turn base strategy games... G-Gundam OP... :)

Yeah... it's not on the list... why?

Dammit Lisa, why did you have to show Iron Giant...Now I gotta go cry. Then maybe get this Valkyrie fighter here:
so freaking AWESOME!

Liberty Prime really is awesome and hilarious xD

I was going to suggest something from "One Must Fall 2097", but I couldn't decide which :)

Interesting choice of words regarding the Xenogears as "practically godlike" considering in the game it is the host for both an aspect of and destroyer of God.

Seriously, ignore the dated graphics. If you want a game for it's story, get Xenogears, find a translated version of Perfect Works, and crap yourself at just how deep that particular rabbit hole goes.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here