EXP: Gamerhub - Jennifer Hale Interview

Gamerhub - Jennifer Hale Interview

GamerHub speaks to Jennifer Hale, the voice actress behind Commander Shepard in Mass Effect series.

Watch Video

And this further cements Jen Hale in my mind as one of the most awesome people in the industry. I still have fan boy squees of delight when I hear her in a game!

I'm surprised she hasn't been invited to E3 before. That's a crime.

I don't understand the point of interviewing someone if you're not going to show their face. What was the deal with that? And she's done a ton more work than just voice Fem Shep. Still...

Proverbial Jon:
...I'm surprised she hasn't been invited to E3 before. That's a crime.

I have to agree.

She's awesome in really almost every game she is in (and she's in a lot).

Also the reason why Femshep just tramples over Maleshep imo, no offense to Mark Meer.

She's a really cool person. And without my knowing it I made my FemShep kinda look like her.

I looked at her imdb once because I thought I heard her voice in something I was watching. Turns out it wasn't her, but I did spot something.

She plays Cinderella in the new Disney shows. She sings rather well too.

I just find the juxtaposition of her being Shepard and Cinderella hilarious and awesome.

What? No mention of her being FREAKING SAMUS?
And no, not the one from Other M.

FizzyIzze:
I don't understand the point of interviewing someone if you're not going to show their face. What was the deal with that? And she's done a ton more work than just voice Fem Shep. Still...

Proverbial Jon:
...I'm surprised she hasn't been invited to E3 before. That's a crime.

I have to agree.

Umm... It did show her face.

DaWaffledude:

Umm... It did show her face.

Yeah, for about 15% of the actual interview.

I think she is super good at her job and is in a lot of games for that reason but nowadays she is more of an immersion breaker than anything else as I hear her voice and think "Bastila(/any of the other many characters she has done) is in this new game I am playing".

The same is true of some other more popular voice actors however it is possibly worse for her as she has a very distinctive voice that is instantly recognisable. I just wish the industry would give more up and coming voice actors a chance that way things would stay fresher and characters would have their own identity instead of all sounding the same.

She sure has a lot of favourite things.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here