EXP: Do's and Dont's #3: Veganism

Do's and Dont's #3: Veganism

Do's & Don'ts for choosing Veganism: the healthier, humane, meat-free diet.

Watch Video

Well...I felt a little bad watching that. You see: I like meat. I like it a lot.

However, since my body responds negatively to consuming large quantities of meat I eat a lot of vegetables and fruits. Like, tons of them every year.

Every now and then I'm then able to consume the flesh of mammals, birds and fish in small quantities...and I won't get sick afterwards. No skin, though, or I'll get sick.

Gout: the answer to every vegans dreams of world domination!

Telperion:
Well...I felt a little bad watching that. You see: I like meat. I like it a lot.

However, since my body responds negatively to consuming large quantities of meat I eat a lot of vegetables and fruits. Like, tons of them every year.

Every now and then I'm then able to consume the flesh of mammals, birds and fish in small quantities...and I won't get sick afterwards. No skin, though, or I'll get sick.

Gout: the answer to every vegans dreams of world domination!

This was satirical, it has no point to make other than: Vegans, LOL!

And it was lol, but I still don't like Smosh Cartoons.

LOL it is, and I am still eating meat... this will not change, we are born meat eaters!

Best one yet! Genuine original humour!!!!!

More of this, less of those 2 Meta guys doing....things

Where do these children get all their weapons from?

Why is it always Susie who ends up suffering?

loved the solution

Fun fact:
Adolf Hitler was vegetarian, so the video was not to wide off.

Telperion:
Every now and then I'm then able to consume the flesh of mammals, birds and fish in small quantities...

I'm sorry but this lacking context is so funny to me for some reason.

I'm surprised we don't have "Fuck you meat-eaters, you incompetent mouth-breathing fucks!" yet. Yet.

There's a movie on Netflix, Forks over Spoons or Knives or some shit. Basically, it says animals cause cancer. Instead of making myself miserable, I just eat margarine/plastic instead of butter.

Pointless rant over. For now.

Considering I know people exactly like that purple-haired food nazi in real life, this was just perfect. I mean, New York City's Big Brother is already banning salt and soft drinks. In ten years, after the steady erosion of the idea we can decide what we eat and when we eat it, this video won't be too far off the mark. Though hopefully someone will have designed that Dumb Gun, so we can defend ourselves.

Why is this here, now? Did Shutup cartoons die?

I'm starting to like these cartoons. This one sums up very well how I see vegan logic. Keep them coming.

Implying that vegans are fascists. Classy.

LysanderNemoinis:
Considering I know people exactly like that purple-haired food nazi in real life, this was just perfect. I mean, New York City's Big Brother is already banning salt and soft drinks. In ten years, after the steady erosion of the idea we can decide what we eat and when we eat it, this video won't be too far off the mark. Though hopefully someone will have designed that Dumb Gun, so we can defend ourselves.

But, how can we fight off vegans by making more vegans? That doesn't sound right.

RatherDull:
Implying that vegans are fascists. Classy.

they are not all but some might as well be the way they behave...

and to those I say shut the F*** up if you want to eat crap fine but I am sticking to a omnivorous diet our teeth are diesgined to eat both meat and plants we don't have the teeth designed for purely plant based diets so f*** off

Phrostbit3n:

LysanderNemoinis:

But, how can we fight off vegans by making more vegans? That doesn't sound right.

You, good Sir or Madam, are a scholar and a smartass.

That was a textbook case of Godwin's Law.

Not very good satire, unless the satire is of really bad strawman characters. That part where irony came in was over the top. Definitely a satire of bad strawman arguments and anti-vegan satire, right? Right?

Well, all I learned out of this is that we should eat humans. After all, as long as they're not feeling pain, it's okay.

Oh, and the difference between eating animals and vegetables or soy or other synthesized meat couldn't possibly be the fact that animals feel pain. Is making animals less intelligent going to make them feel less pain?

And what's the ethical justification for eating animals? Because it is pleasurable to meat? Does that make having sex with animals okay to do, also? I guess from the same logic that makes it okay to go around killing animals for their meat, it's okay to have sex with them, too? As long as, you know, we make sure they're not having pain.

This satire is so spot on. To heck with vegan morals! Dog sex for everybody! Anyone who isn't for dog sex is a nazi.

Doom972:
This one sums up very well how I see vegan logic.

Can I please eat you? It's okay, I'll lobotomize you and make sure you don't feel any pain.

EstrogenicMuscle:
[...]
Can I please eat you? It's okay, I'll lobotomize you and make sure you don't feel any pain.

That already happened:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes

OT: Sadly I know some vegans and vegetarians who appear to have watches this very video and decided that they should behave like the pink haired girl

I'm curious: How do vegans get their protein? I'm not one, but I am curious.

KingWein22:

Tofu, nuts, beans, pulses

This looked like it was done with that Go! Animate software, what the hell was it?

I know a lot of vegans/vegetarians. In fact, my last gf and current gf are vegetarians. I've never met this militant vegan stereotype. Way to promote more ignorance in our perception and create more "enemies" out of our fellow man.

This was the last episode that I will watch. I think I get the idea... and it's not entertaining, clever, or [insert ANY positive word here].

LostintheWick:
I know a lot of vegans/vegetarians. In fact, my last gf and current gf are vegetarians. I've never met this militant vegan stereotype. Way to promote more ignorance in our perception and create more "enemies" out of our fellow man.

This was the last episode that I will watch. I think I get the idea... and it's not entertaining, clever, or [insert ANY positive word here].

I actually have met people like this. And i've met many more that aren't like this at all. You just have to remember that this is talking about the self righteous vocal minority and not the actual majority of nice and well adjusted people.

EstrogenicMuscle:

Not very good satire, unless the satire is of really bad strawman characters. That part where irony came in was over the top. Definitely a satire of bad strawman arguments and anti-vegan satire, right? Right?

Well, all I learned out of this is that we should eat humans. After all, as long as they're not feeling pain, it's okay.

Oh, and the difference between eating animals and vegetables or soy or other synthesized meat couldn't possibly be the fact that animals feel pain. Is making animals less intelligent going to make them feel less pain?

And what's the ethical justification for eating animals? Because it is pleasurable to meat? Does that make having sex with animals okay to do, also? I guess from the same logic that makes it okay to go around killing animals for their meat, it's okay to have sex with them, too? As long as, you know, we make sure they're not having pain.

This satire is so spot on. To heck with vegan morals! Dog sex for everybody! Anyone who isn't for dog sex is a nazi.

Doom972:

Comparing eating meat to bestiality, nice. Simply fact of the matter is humans evolved to eat meat. If you put animals on the same level as humans than you must also chastise lions for eating meat. Humans are not herbivores.

Uninspired and utterly mean-spirited.

Really the cartoon isn't satire so much as that it just royally beats up a straw-men that is so fucking common at this point and is so often the casus belli in OT, that its not even funny. That was already a downer given that I had hoped for a decent witty satire which I increasingly could not find the longer I watched. Instead, the cartoon just went on and on to bash onto what they sold as "Veganism" without any shred of admitting the actually complexity of the question which is a thing I very much despise. So, that was the nail in the coffin I thought, but then when I at least comforted myself in thinking that it couldn't get any worse it transcends itself, Godwins the vegans and makes some insane point about mental retardation...man....I mean if you guys already abandon all pretense of doing anything else but being populistic, one-sided, shallow and hatefilled you might have at least gone all the way and sold your cartoon to bloody Fox News!

E-

KingWein22:

I think Soy and some other plants are very rich in proteins and thus in the necessary amino-acids the body needs an external
source for. From what I know, it only gets tricky when it comes to iron and some specialized vitamins which also exist in plants but
are comparably rare. All those shortcuts can iirc be circumvented through eating dairy products btw such that there is absolutely
no reason to resort to meat at all.

This series has rapidly become one of my favorites on this site.

Headsprouter:
Why is this here, now? Did Shutup cartoons die?

I think the Escapist is doing its level best to bring in enough different sources of entertainment to avoid losing a huge number of members when Yahtzee finally quits doing Zero Punctuation. I haven't heard anything about him quitting but even if he's around another year or two eventually he'll get tired of doing ZP and quit. Or a drop in quality will lead to him quitting while he's still ahead.

geier:
Fun fact:

I looked for Hitler. His was the last picture in the "Historical Vegetarians" bit. You only see him for about half a second but he was there.

Fun and true story:

Back in college I had a lot of friends in the "Tree Hugger Club" who were vegetarians or full blown vegans. But one vegetarian, a girl named April, kept getting sick month after month. She knew what to eat and how much to maintain proper health but kept getting sick.

Finally her doctor ordered her to start eating meat! She was desperate enough that she obeyed him and started off slow by munching on some bacon. Her health problems completely disappeared.

Basically she hadn't been getting some trace nutrients from her vegetarian diet that her body needed. Nobody at all criticized her for abandoning vegetarianism. We were all friends and were worried about her health, too.

I noticed that they toned their "Vegans/Vegetarians are superior" attitudes waaaaaaayyyyyy back after that. ^_^

EstrogenicMuscle:

Doom972:

Your argument sounds very odd to someone who considers cannibalism ethical. (on a sidenote that includes only voluntary cannibalism, like a burial ritual basically, and emergency cannibalism to combat starvation. Though I do think we should collectively embrace cannibalism to cut down on starvation, though thats mostly in the developing world.)

EstrogenicMuscle:

Way to completely miss the joke.

What was that you were saying about strawmen?

But as others have said, humans evolved to eat meat, not to live on purely plant based diets. I don't need any more justification than that.

Does anyone know that bit of music at 1:43 during the Nuremberg Rally? I know I've heard it before.

Vivi22:
But as others have said, humans evolved to eat meat, not to live on purely plant based diets. I don't need any more justification than that.

a classic case of /thread ^^

i know exactly that type of die hard vegan; two of my fellow students (whom i like very much besides that) always look like they want to kill me when i have meat on my plate, and every now and then (something like 2-3 times a week when we're having lunch at the uni) i get a speech from them.

guys, how about this: you eat what you want, i eat what i want; neither of us shoves their opinion into the other's face - deal? (because all i want to do is eat my Schnitzel in peace and quiet ^^ )

i also think they are hypocrites- i mean, seriously, they eat the food of my food, so my food slowly starves to death - yeah, that's totally not cruel...

geier:
Fun fact:

nöööö. Hitler war kein Vegetarier, obwohl ARIER in dem Wort vorkommt.
He seemed to have followed a vegetarian diet after 1941, but he liked meat:
http://www.vegsource.com/berry/hitler.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dione_Lucas#cite_note-3

There is a difference between eating a vegetarian diet because of health benefits(and because its more consistent to act like you do what you preach..) and being a vegetarian and being as consequent as possible in living an animal friendly way of life.

Also he banned some vegetarian-clubs-hitler wanted all control in the hands of nazi-parties or associated. Independent vegetarian society were a threat to him,s o he forced them to close these.(and it was wise to follow that order) Also, if he was so fond if it-he had the possibility to enforce vegetarianism, use propaganda and especially in the Years of war where the resources were scarce, a vegetarian diet would be better because more people could eat(15/10:1 ratio on Grain-intake for the animals to Kg meat) But he did not. The idea of an asexual, non smoking drug free vegetarian hitler is propaganda. He wanted to be seen as the übermensch-which he wasnt. He had several health problems, was using drugs (medical though-cocaine against one chronic ear-inflammation, he had very bad teeth and user morphium against the pain. SO he did drugs.^^)

But he wasn't that of an animal lover-jeah, we was against vivisections, but animal testing and vivisections which were for the war-industry were okay with him and his men..There are som cases in which People started to file complaints because the Laws just weren't enforced enough, the anti-vivisection law lasted maybe 3 month-after all, if the Tests were needed to win the war, then it was deemed necessary.
(also, he had a crap-ton of humans who his men could use as guinea pigs. They did. They performed vivisections and other perverse immoral torture on them.

So he ate vegetables, because he had stomach-problems. He just farted too much. Meteorism galore..

Imagine his speech at the 1.9.1939 if the had been farting like ass:

"Polen hat heute nacht zum erstenmal "pfrt" auf unserem eigenen Territorium auch mit bereits regulären Soldaten geschossen. Pffffrpöp Seit 5.45 Uhr wird jetzt zurückgeschossen!pflllllpft Und von jetzt ab wird Bombe mit Bombe vergolten! Wer mit Gift kämpft, wird mit Giftgas "pffffrtpfpfpfrr....pfrt"...aehh.aeh.. bekämpft"

translation:
This night for the first time "pfrt" Polish regular soldiers fired on our territory.Pffffrpöp Since 5.45 A.M. we have been returning the fire.pflllllpft And from now on bombs will be met by bombs. Whoever fight with poison gas will be fought with poison gas.pffffrtpfpfpfrr....pfrt"

Just saw the lenght of your post and thought to myself:
"Again one of the Preacher Vegans, don't read this, you don't want to join a cult."

Seriously, writing such a post is like standing in the pedestrian area and handing out broshures with a headline like: Open your eyes sinner and repent !

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here