EXP: Gamerhub - Dark Souls II Brian Hong Interview

Gamerhub - Dark Souls II Brian Hong Interview

Find out how fast you'll die in Dark Souls II with this developer interview.

Watch Video

Bit ballsy to claim that they actually released Dark Souls on PC. Without the outside modders the game would be completely unplayable and even after many tweaks feels so strange and clumsy with mouse & keyboard.

Incomer:
Bit ballsy to claim that they actually released Dark Souls on PC. Without the outside modders the game would be completely unplayable and even after many tweaks feels so strange and clumsy with mouse & keyboard.

Feels fine assuming you got a mod to fix the mouse. And it isn't really that ballsy to claim that. The fans begged for a PC version, Namco said "we've never done a PC port before, it's not going to be amazing". Blaming them for that isn't really something worth doing.

THAT SAID, if DS2 isn't going to be at least showing signs of improvement, we're going to have a problem.

Either way though, looking forward to it.

Pretty vaaague interview though. Not that you can blame the guy, a lot of it is under wraps for a reason, but still. Very... non-centric.

A whole lot of marketing talk and not really any information that we haven't seen before...but I'm still pretty excited.

Incomer:

as stated above From software were upfront saying they didn't want to do a port because they don't know pc architecture well enough then they caved in to the petition and still said not to get too excited it will be the same as it was on console with the fps drops and all that but people said we want it take our money please and were appeased.
And what annoys me most about you whiner comments is it actually delayed the release of DS2...........arrrggggghhhh rage!!

JustanotherGamer:

Incomer:

as stated above From software were upfront saying they didn't want to do a port because they don't know pc architecture well enough then they caved in to the petition and still said not to get too excited it will be the same as it was on console with the fps drops and all that but people said we want it take our money please and were appeased.
And what annoys me most about you whiner comments is it actually delayed the release of DS2...........arrrggggghhhh rage!!

Come on man, it doesn't take deep knowledge of pc architecture to make your tutorial messages show keys that can be actually found somewhere on keyboard rather then the controller goodies you will get now. Besides not everyone is crawling on From softwares forum like horny roadies around rock stars trailer - you hear about game, they say it's good and it actually was released for game medium of your choosing - bam - you buy it and it should be somewhat polished.

comments? Where is more of them?

Would be nice if you could be less internet aggressive when responding, it's not like I pee(d?!?) in your beer >_<

Incomer:

JustanotherGamer:

Incomer:

Come on man, it doesn't take deep knowledge of pc architecture to make your tutorial messages show keys that can be actually found somewhere on keyboard rather then the controller goodies you will get now. Besides not everyone is crawling on From softwares forum like horny roadies around rock stars trailer - you hear about game, they say it's good and it actually was released for game medium of your choosing - bam - you buy it and it should be somewhat polished.

Would be nice if you could be less internet aggressive when responding, it's not like I pee(d?!?) in your beer >_<

I disagree with him being aggressive, but I do agree in that you literally have no grounds of argument here. Sorry. They told their fans and the petitioners that the game WILL NOT be good because of their lack of PC development experience. People said "yo that's fine, do whateva". So they did.

Get a mod/mods to fix the problems and move on. Complain if this next one is just as bad of a port, but don't bash the last one after having asked for it.

Oh, and don't say "it doesn't take ____ amount of knowledge for ____". It doesn't come off very well.

Incomer:

JustanotherGamer:

Incomer:

off you go and make a game then mate i have no idea what it takes to do what they did im guessing a metric fuck ton of talent because they didn't have a $600,000,000 budget and coders outsourced from china. And it was the game of the century n my book be happy they even ported it and are now going to build ds2 for pc from the start.

JustanotherGamer:

off you go and make a game then mate i have no idea what it takes to do what they did im guessing a metric fuck ton of talent because they didn't have a $600,000,000 budget and coders outsourced from china. And it was the game of the century n my book be happy they even ported it and are now going to build ds2 for pc from the start.

Well blow me, the fanboys are raising.

You do bloody realize that people who got absolutely nothing for it fixed it? It's not like I'm crying about not being able to boost up god damn anti aliasing or that the stupid grass doesn't move in the wind (screw graphics I'm trying to play games on low-mid range laptop). Hell I don't even care about the fact I can't really rescale the resolution (well I can, thanks to people who didn't get payed for it). What bothers me is that they ship game for full price with flaws that you can see on the first try. If you put anyone in front of the game with keyboard and mouse he can immediately tell you it does not work. And not a single one of you put up a reasonable explanation how is someone supposed to know about the way the port came to be other then their forums which I, and I'm sure lot of other people, do not visit. Somehow i doubt there is text on the box saying: "We don't usually do this stuff so it might be kind of wonky". From my standpoint as uneducated casual gamer I'd think the biggest issue they can run up against is making the game stable on random hardware and that's something they more or less pulled off so why didn't a single person in their team tried to play it with standard PC peripherals.

Well maybe if you are so upset that you wasted your cash you learned to RESEARCH before you buy?

It was the exact game they said it would be nothing more and nothing less. Maybe you should of understood that it was already well known that the pc port was going to be the same as the ps3 and 360 version that means 30fps locked resolution and frame rate drops in blight town. Dam my DLC was delayed and Dark souls 2 was delayed all for the PC port that people begged for and the best you can come up with is it was a bad port well i'm sorry it's not like it was promoted as anything but a far inferior product compared to the console version and people like you and you smarmy attitude are the exact reason fromsoftware didn't want to port it over because all you can do is cry and whine well booo hooooooooo. Fan boi lol yeah it's the best game this gen pc or console. Yeah i'm a fan i also don't make retarded purchases just because something is popular maybe you should try to be less of a sheeple research and have fun.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here