Escapist News Now: Ultra Street Fighter 4 Announced

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Announced

During EVO the publisher announced Ultra Street Fighter 4, a new digital update to Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition will be come in to Xbox 360, PS3, and PC early next year.

Watch Video

Escapist News Now:
Xbox 460

Where do I get one of those?

OT: I wish Street Fighter V would come, although it is impressive to see them doing DLC this long after release.

At least they decided to keep the name simple, that alone is worth merit .

I think the price could be dipped a little, the 14,99 is a just a tad too much if you already own SSF4:AE. I think 7,50 would be more appropriate of a price. Other than that, seems cool, too bad they didn't include Q.

I have three friends that play SFIV fairly regularly at a high level, and they are pumped to play Elena and Rolento.

I'll be happy too, honestly.

Damnit, why did they pick characters I hate? I know I'm going to have to buy this anyway (because if you're a Street Fighter fan you are going to have to) but that makes it a bitter pill to swallow.

I'm pretty stoked for this, actually. Now if only we could get Karin, Rainbow Mika and Zubaz, I'd be happy as a clam.

TizzytheTormentor:

Escapist News Now:
Xbox 460

OT: I wish Street Fighter V would come, although it is impressive to see them doing DLC this long after release.

how could they resist copy and pasting what they made for Street Fighter x Tekken and make it 'new' dlc?

karloss01:

TizzytheTormentor:

Escapist News Now:
Xbox 460

how could they resist copy and pasting what they made for Street Fighter x Tekken and make it 'new' dlc?

Except that the fight systems are entirely different, so it's not just a copy job.

I seem to remember Capcom assuring people that no they will not have the SF2 issue of many many many versions of the game... super, hyper, arcade, turbo, extreme, ex, x (etc etc etc)with SFIV, what happened to that assurance I wonder.
It was one of the bigger concerns when SFIV was announced, sort of when to buy...original or after the Super Hyper Turbo Extreme Arcade Championship Pro SSIV EX Max Edition was finally launched ?

... but as I have gone off fighting games completely (too old and too slow to keep up, and too rage prone :P) it doesnt really bother me.

Little bit steep but then I'll just wait for the sale on steam when it eventually happens and then maybe it'll be worthwhile upgrading from standard IV.

Also yay for firefly!

Oh Boy, I cant wait for the release of "Super Ultra Street Fighter IV Deluxe 2K TheMovieTheGameTheMovieTheBoardgameTheGame" that comes with an new costume for just 19,99.

Hopefully I'll complete my transition from controller to either keyboard or hitbox by then. So far after a couple of days every command except the chicken wings and the 360 are easier to execute, but the whole thing feels unnatural.

This has also forced me from zangief to akuma/ryu. We will see how I do.

ASnogarD:
I seem to remember Capcom assuring people that no they will not have the SF2 issue of many many many versions of the game... super, hyper, arcade, turbo, extreme, ex, x (etc etc etc)with SFIV, what happened to that assurance I wonder.

Are you kidding? Right now they have released 2 versions in 5 years, in 2014 it will be 3 in 6 years. That sounds as good as it gets, the fgc gets new content and balance while investing very little every couple of years.

And this is coming from someone very bitter about Capcom not giving PCs UMvC3 and the general lack of interest in the plataform.

Edit: Forget about the chickenwing, for some reason it goes perfectly today on fei long, not so the guile's U1. The 360 and 720 however are night impossible for me to get right on kb.

I just want Urien. I don't plan on buying it if he's not the fifth mystery character.

And after a couple mins more it seems guile'1 U1 and the 360 are totally doable on kb. I will definitely switch controls.

Still feels weird as hell.

Tanakh:
Are you kidding? Right now they have released 2 versions in 5 years, in 2014 it will be 3 in 6 years. That sounds as good as it gets, the fgc gets new content and balance while investing very little every couple of years.

2 Versions? Count with me now:

1. Street Fighter IV
2. Super Street Fighter IV
3. Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
4. Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Ver. 2012

..with Ultra making it 5 versions since 2009.

I happen to like rolento... but not 15 dollars like LOL.

Mooshi-Q:
2 Versions? Count with me now:

1. Street Fighter IV
2. Super Street Fighter IV
3. Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
4. Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Ver. 2012

..with Ultra making it 5 versions since 2009.

Good points, however:

a) The game was released in 2008

b) I do not remember 2012 version had any price tag. It might be that I don't remember paying for it, but honestly I think it was free.

c) I did forget the double release of 2010

Are you saying that 3 paid versions that included new content and more importantly balance tweaks in 5 years of a competitive PvP game is too much? If so, we just disagree in that perception, I think it's just right to keep the game evolving and fresh, especially because the second two versions were released at a lower pricetag or as DLC.

Tanakh:
Are you saying that 3 paid versions that included new content and more importantly balance tweaks in 5 years of a competitive PvP game is too much? If so, we just disagree in that perception, I think it's just right to keep the game evolving and fresh, especially because the second two versions were released at a lower pricetag or as DLC.

I'm not saying any of that. I was just correcting you. I also don't remember if the 2012 update cost anything. Either way, it was still a full balance tweak and therefore a different iteration.

Personally, I only bought vanilla. Decided it wasn't really my cup of tea. I'm actually thinking about picking up Ultra when it drops to try my hand at might SFIV a second time. Though, I could see why die hard Street Fighter fans would be disappointed. It's just another balance update with a few character models they imported form SFXT.

Mooshi-Q:
I'm not saying any of that. I was just correcting you. I also don't remember if the 2012 update cost anything. Either way, it was still a full balance tweak and therefore a different iteration.

Personally, I only bought vanilla. Decided it wasn't really my cup of tea. I'm actually thinking about picking up Ultra when it drops to try my hand at might SFIV a second time. Though, I could see why die hard Street Fighter fans would be disappointed. It's just another balance update with a few character models they imported form SFXT.

Well, the other guy was complaining about updates because they cost money, not about free updates. Granted, I assumed that, but it's quite the reasonable assumption.

That point is moot anyway, what bothers me is that precisely the die hard fans of SF IV are at large happy about this, as you can see in fighting game community forums and streams, because an update is due (even tough right now the game at large has one of the sickest balance and gameplays i have ever seen in PvP). But in this threads i see a bunch of "OMG CAPCOM, GREEDY BASTARDS" coming from people that either didn't played the game or are not into it.

Tanakh:
That point is moot anyway, what bothers me is that precisely the die hard fans of SF IV are at large happy about this, as you can see in fighting game community forums and streams, because an update is due (even tough right now the game at large has one of the sickest balance and gameplays i have ever seen in PvP). But in this threads i see a bunch of "OMG CAPCOM, GREEDY BASTARDS" coming from people that either didn't played the game or are not into it.

If they don't play the games in the first place then their opinions are irrelevant. Eff'm.

I haven't been on SRK since I saw the reveal on the Evo stream so I haven't the faintest clue how most of the community reacted to the news. I suppose I could head over now and take a gander....

I'm reading mostly positive opinions on their boards. Though some people are noting the 'laziness' of just importing a few characters/stages for SFxT. While others state they would have been happy with just a Ver.2013 that gave slight buffs to the lower tier characters as Ver.2012 is regarded as being fairly well balanced.

Hopefully, the lack of anything *really* new is a sign that they've started working on the fifth installment and can't spare the resources necessary for brand new character or stages at the point in the game. We'll see...

Mooshi-Q:
I'm reading mostly positive opinions on their boards. Though some people are noting the 'laziness' of just importing a few characters/stages for SFxT.

I have seen that a lot, but seriously, what are they going to export? The models and some textures? I am not sure it's relevant, SFxT and SFVI play almost as different as KoF and MvC.

If i was going to complain it would be because i would have liked to seem 7-10 new fighters, not only 5.

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 14383)