EXP: GamerHub - Steve Blum Interview

GamerHub - Steve Blum Interview

GamerHub speaks to prolific voice actor Steve Blum.

Watch Video

Love Steve Blum, and he's done a lot of good work for video games as a whole, though he's not the best guy to talk to about the culture itself. I'm pretty sure I remember Steve saying that he's not much of a gamer, so asking for his opinion isn't going to get very thought-out responses. It's not that he doesn't want to, he just doesn't have his finger on the pulse of the industry compared to people like Troy Baker that are gamers and play the games they're a part of.

Fun fact, Steve was never trained as an actor. He was a tech guy when they were dubbing the old Guyver series in the 90's, and they used him due to lack of available talent. He's been coasting with the job ever since.

Good to hear from Mr. Blum. Met him and got his autograph, one of the nicest and most patient guys in the industry.

Love love love love Blum. Love his voice. Seems like a nice guy, too.

Still suffers from "bad wikipedia photo" though. Not that anyone doesn't.

Kind of nice to actually know he doesn't game all that much for some reason, not even sure why.

CAPTCHA: live your dream

uh, th...anks? :L

Steve Blum is so awesome. I think the only other VA that is as recognizable as him is Jennifer Hale. Between the two of them, they pretty much own all of the fandom ever, from animation to gaming!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here