Zero Punctuation: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Watch Video

Animal Crossing: New Leaf...dang, never even heard of this game. If you hate it so much, why spread awareness???

Goodness, I didn't expect that, but I agree despite loving Animal Crossing it does get old

also radiohead reference? lolwut?

It really does just compel you to constantly maintain your town. But I enjoy a game where doing well doesn't involve me slaughtering entire bloodlines of people.

Oh man. I enjoyed this video. Mostly because I haven't stopped playing Animal Crossing for long enough to do anything BUT watch a 7 minute internet video.

Now back to stacking racks of bells in my closets yo.

Does anyone else notice that Yahtzee has started to sound much more enthusiastic lately?

Or maybe it is just me...

Other than that hilarious video. So much surrealist humor in this one.

Tom Nook, the mobster of the nintendo world.

Sounds a lot like your review of Sims 3, Yahtzee. You found yourself sucked in--and hated yourself for it! Oh, the humanity! :D

I loved the idea that this game was perfect for soldiers in the trenches of WW I. Ironically, you might be on to something.

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Watch Video

Excellent.

I laughed so hard I had to go to the toilet, less I be in a right old mess.

There is something to say to the idea that our obligations are what keep us going in the end. I've never played the game, but it is a curious way to start and almost has grabbed my attention.

Wonder if it comes for Wii?

That is animal crossing for you. You hate that you love it.

Well it certainly did a good job of making YOU cross.

The Bends is a great album, isn't it?

So it's kinda like Sim City with anthropomorphic animals. ...and mobsters.

maggies left nut sack now there's a mental image i never wanted to have

carpathic:
There is something to say to the idea that our obligations are what keep us going in the end. I've never played the game, but it is a curious way to start and almost has grabbed my attention.

It already exist an Animal Crossing game for the wii called Animal Crossing City Folk(US)/Let's Go To The City(EU)

Yup, this had pretty much summed up why I am so reludent at buying this game (why did I started to cared about the NPC and not wanting them to leave?).

Can't stop laughing...

(By the way, Animal Crossing started on the N64, but the GameCube one was the first one we got in the West.)

Owww. This is the first episode in a while that had me laughing out loud.
Seemed really well thought out. Nice one.

Animal crossing is evil, well that joke hasn't been done 90000 times already.
Despite that it was still funny, especially the ending.

Elf Defiler Korgan:

Excellent.

I laughed so hard I had to go to the toilet, less I be in a right old mess.

Same here, except I wasn't so lucky because I had go back playing Animal Crossing so as to please a virtual owl in a museum with my new catch.

Embrace Animal Crossing: New Leaf! Animal Crossing is the new religion! Debt is your life! Worship the raccoon mobster!

Gotta love a Zero Punctuation episode when its referencing The Prisoner and portrays a raccoon as a leg-breaking mobster. XD

Yahtzee pretty much hit Animal Crossing on the head with how it is. You just find that you cannot stop playing it, despite how mundane it can be at times.
For me New Leaf is the first Animal Crossing I've played since the first one, still have it, mainly because I knew how addicting it was. Needless to say the addiction is still here for New Leaf, although I feel a bit more restricted in town size since the sea takes up a good amount of blocks and I can't build a bridge connecting the two beaches I have next to the waterfall. >.>

BloodFlower:

carpathic:

It already exist an Animal Crossing game for the wii called Animal Crossing City Folk(US)/Let's Go To The City(EU)

My guess is perhaps they meant Wii U, which if there wasn't an Animal Crossing on the Wii U I'd actually be really surprised.

Oh, and one thing about this video, Animal Crossing was originally on the Nintendo 64 titled Doubutsu no Mori (Animal's Forest), and the GameCube version is actually a port of the original one just with some things changed here and there (just cosmetic stuff like the Police Station's look). It was released though when the GameCube had come out though so it wasn't localized outside of Japan and the world just got the GameCube port. And yes I do have the cartridge of Dobutsu no Mori and let me just say that even though I despise the N64 controller the game is still addicting. >.<

the perfect game for soldiers in the WW1 trenches... i must admit this is a completly new endorsment, ive never heard that one before, they should quote you on the back of the box... i can see it now!!! glorious!!! the pinnacle of gaming journalism!!!

Virile Mountain Lion?

That's not the image i had in my head .

Play fun games? No, I can't have fun now! I have responsibilities! You think those fish are gonna catch themselves? Those arse fruits are gonna shake themselves free?

Nay I say.

u2rocksbaby:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf...dang, never even heard of this game. If you hate it so much, why spread awareness???

I didn't know Yahtzee was running a morality campaign. I was under the impression that this series took the piss out of popular releases.

I think I could have figured out that AC isn't for me by the way I run my Minecraft house (a cave with walls patched together out of cobblestone, sand, dirt, endstone, wood and whatever else was at hand, a giant mess of pipes and wires connected to a central storage and crafting computer ferrying materials between it all). If it's not functional it might get glued somewhere to add a little bit of symmetry but in the end cosmetic stuff goes right into the storage. So my AC house with exactly one functional item (a locker) is more of a pointless random assortment of items with priority given to stuff that seems rare.

And the worst part is that certain bugs and fish only appear in specific time periods so you need to keep playing for a bout a year before you can even begin to call it "complete". Despite this, I am addicted. I generally only play for an hour or two each day though.

u2rocksbaby:

Same reason he warned everyone about the sims games.
It's kind of funny cause the consumers he's hoping to save are Nintendo players.

OUt of ben that's high comedy.

Oh, so it is like "The Host" by Stephanie May... zzzzzz...zzz

I played the gamecube animal crossing, and got bored the moment I paid off all my debt.

silly german soldier, the whale shark can be caught year round on the island ^_^

why do I still remember that?

If animal crossing existed around the WW1, the trenches would still be around. Although, I haven't played Animal crossing in forever and that's because I know that I would be a slave to it.

One has to wonder why he ever thought to review this...

That being said, do has he says: DON'T START PLAYING ANIMAL CROSSING!

Also, it TECHNICALLY started on the Nintendo 64, but only in Japan.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here