A Magnet For Cats

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

A Magnet For Cats

Based on a true story.

Read Full Article

From the most nervous first encounters to decades-old marriages, there is no worse enemy to romance than "Shuffle".

At least its not Juice.
I'm even afraid of posting a link of the "song".

3rd frame has an uncanny resemblance to Adam Orth...

Could have been worse... Could have been HGich.T or Die Antwoord.

I got to give him credit, he did better than I would.

Call his wank hand wicked
cuz it ain't getting any rest after this.

That's nothing.

I once had a girl at a new years eve party ask me if I had any hobbies, and what I did to relax. My brain went into overdrive repeating "dontsayvideogamesdontsayvideogamesdontsayvideogames" for about 20 seconds, of which I was just staring blankly at her the whole time. After that I stuttered "N-n-nothing. I do nothing."

After that I took up badminton, just so I have something to say in those scenarios. It's not the coolest sport, but it's better than nothing.

I just love the "OH SHIT!!" look on his face in the 3rd and 4th panels. As for the punchline, that pretty much sums up my luck in life perfectly.

Cage The Elephant <3

Don't worry, Grey. We all got used to that at some point. :P

Ah, something everybody can relate to.

Have a few friends over, rocking out to various songs and then the "Curse of the Shuffle" strikes and...

DVS BSTrD:
Call his wank hand wicked
cuz it ain't getting any rest after this.

Come on man, Kleenex don't grow on trees!

OT: This would probably never happen to me as my phone seems to be obsessed with playing nothing but Michael Jackson when I shuffle. Then again I have a bunch of Brony music and stuff like that, that might be a little hard to explain <_<

That's why you always take the time to make playlists, people.

Random shuffle: not even once.

For those who don't know what Panty and Stocking theme is, it's basically the 30 second opening song of this anime:

Yeeeah, I don't listen to shuffle with women, too easy to hit Gay Bar, First of May, Power Rangers Theme, Swat Katz Theme, or the entire soundtrack of Chrono Trigger...all of which girls generally don't find as funny/awesome as I do <_<

Hero in a half shell:
That's nothing.

I once had a girl at a new years eve party ask me if I had any hobbies, and what I did to relax. My brain went into overdrive repeating "dontsayvideogamesdontsayvideogamesdontsayvideogames" for about 20 seconds, of which I was just staring blankly at her the whole time. After that I stuttered "N-n-nothing. I do nothing."

After that I took up badminton, just so I have something to say in those scenarios. It's not the coolest sport, but it's better than nothing.

Or you could get a spine and say "videogames".

Seriously, it makes no difference, they're not looking for what you do as a hobby, just striking up conversation.

Oh yes I know that awkward moment all to well.

"What's your favourite movie"

(PANIC MODE ENGAGED!)

BRAIN HELP ME QUICK!

*No problem bro I got you, here is a selection of the nerdiest movies imaginable! She's going to love the Amazing Bulk and No retreat No Surrender, even number 4!!!*

DAMN YOU! I can't use those movies! Why do you always give me this crap Brain? Why not something that says I am interesting and sophisticated?! I'm so taking revenge tonight with alcohol.

*What? Why would you do that you asshole. This is the stuff you actually enjoy watching. Maybe if you stopped pretending to be cool and actually got a life you wouldn't have to blame me!*

Oh like you are one to talk, you make me like this crap for starters and ,,, hey where did she go. She was here just a second ago.

*She kinda waved her hand in front of your face whilst you were talking to me and walked off after a while.*

----

I joke but I genuinely hate that question. It's like which movie is my favourite? Like when I am in a certain mood or when I have time to kill. Do you mean favourite ironically or is it like what genre do I like? Is that what you are really asking because what is a favourite movie? I watch tons of movies I like equally how can I pick one over the other when they can't even be compared based on genre?

I know it's just a what kind of things you like question but it always puts me on the spot and in thought overdrive.

Yeah this is why I have trust issues with my phone. Literally I have a play list that I have for other people to listen to on my phone so not to find my game soundtracks on my phone

Still Cage The Elephant <3

And this is why I love you guys. Awesome work!

Glad, with a few quite awesome exceptions, I don't have any anime openings and scant little videogame music. I did think about Cruel Angels Thesis(don't know why, but I think it's tradition to bring up NGE on Critical Miss now) though, but I'm sure I could convince the uninitiated that it's got nothing to do with anime in such a situation.

I'm not sure if D City Rock would have been worse.

This is why nobody comes near my music.

Nobody.

My premeditated answer for the "what are you listening to?" question is "I'd really rather not try and explain it." I haven't had to use it yet, I should probably be grateful, i'd probably sound like a douche.

Ooops, thus the evil wrath of shuffle. Why he made that face at the end I'm not sure, but oh well.

Hero in a half shell:
That's nothing.

Nervousness is understandable, but sometimes stuff like this drives me nuts. Once if a fellow had just taken all time he needed and said "videogames" or "Magic the Gathering" (Both he loved), we would have really gotten along. It just got awkward instead. I'm glad we ran into each other much later at a draft.

This is why, while I own an actual copy of Bloodhound Gang's Hooray for Boobies, I do not have it on my ipod.

Does this actually work as a method of attracting girls? I always got riled by my generation wearing these things as a way to avoid human interaction.

Now excuse me as I listen to the BBC Radio 4 comedy and then possibly the Archers.

EDIT: As an experiment, I shuffled my ipod. Late night - Foals to A Million Miles - Prophets. I'm cool now, right? Right?

Funniest strip for a while, I really laughed at the look on her face, and cannot help but feel sorry for you him.

Although:

Yuuki:
For those who don't know what Panty and Stocking theme is, it's basically the 30 second opening song of this anime:

I think I feel more sorry for her now, oh dear God, what did I just listen to.

The Panty and Stocking OST had some good tracks in it though.

A+ for Effort Grey....A+ for effort...

Actually, I got lucky with a similar story. Instead of a weird song, I got "ho hey" by the Lumineers. Didn't get a number, but the girl smiled. I'll take any good retroaction that I can get.

I have the entire Panty & Stocking soundtrack...

And I love every second of it.

This is why I never use the shuffle function. While I may not have an anime theme on my player, I dont really apriciate listening to a older rock song like ACDC only to have one of my many load metal songs starts playing... I literally jumped feet in the air one time because of that...

That is just funny, because such a situation actually got the opposite result and I'm dating the girl today.

Given the song was this one instead:

It was a bit weird for us both at first though, since she started singing along and holding herself to not dance too.

I narrowly avoided this.

"What are you listening to?" they asked.

I considered handing them the headphones, but I decided against it. "I'm listening to the Ting Tings. Hang It Up."

And then suddenly, the song glitched and it skipped to the next song on the shuffle playlist... which happened to be "Gwarek 2" by Aphex Twin.

If you've played Silent Hill 3, remember the various screams that Heather let out during her death cutscenes? Yeah... string those together and you basically have the opening to Gwarek 2.

Legion:
Funniest strip for a while, I really laughed at the look on her face, and cannot help but feel sorry for you him.

Although:

Yuuki:

I think I feel more sorry for her now, oh dear God, what did I just listen to.

It has some great songs like this one would work well at the club

heh simpsons did it:

I still lold

(the anime rule in my house is "no panty shots", that locks out 90% of them but i really don't care)

Hero in a half shell:
That's nothing.

i just always respond with books and movies. neither is a lie per say, but i read like 1 book in two months. i watch A LOT of movies though. probably more than i spend gaming. though thats always an easy way out, noone condemsn you for watching movies, and you can start a conversation about what you/her likes. its a good icebreaker in such situations. i often opt out videogames too, but i dont deny it if asked. sadly this ex-soviet ocuntry sitll has the "games for kids" stigma in society.

It could have been worse: The next song could have been lolicore

Huh.

I would never give someone my music to listen to, without specifically changing it to a song I suggested or said I was listening too. I remember back in middle school how I was asked what I was listening too... I said it was Stephen Lynch's Kill a Kitten. The kid walked away from me at that point, oh well.

I will never understand the nervousness of people in situations like these. I don't have to impress them, so why make mountains out of mole hills?

It is also for that reason that I want to punch people that refuse to say that their hobby is "video games" in this day and age.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here