A Magnet For Cats

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

At least it wasn't blaring techno or 'face down ass up'.

RoonMian:
Could have been worse... Could have been HGich.T or Die Antwoord.

Die Antwoord/Max Normal is the shit.

Marik2:

Legion:
Funniest strip for a while, I really laughed at the look on her face, and cannot help but feel sorry for you him.

Although:

Yuuki:
For those who don't know what Panty and Stocking theme is, it's basically the 30 second opening song of this anime:

I think I feel more sorry for her now, oh dear God, what did I just listen to.

It has some great songs like this one would work well at the club

I prefer the demon sisters. RULES!!!

Also D-city rocks pretty good.

If you need to justify it to her, she's not the one.

Hero in a half shell:
That's nothing.

I once had a girl at a new years eve party ask me if I had any hobbies, and what I did to relax. My brain went into overdrive repeating "dontsayvideogamesdontsayvideogamesdontsayvideogames" for about 20 seconds, of which I was just staring blankly at her the whole time. After that I stuttered "N-n-nothing. I do nothing."

After that I took up badminton, just so I have something to say in those scenarios. It's not the coolest sport, but it's better than nothing.

Why not just say videogames?!
The "Ugh, Video games are for loosers!" time is pretty much over.when i tell girls i play videogames they often are pretty interested and start asking me what kind of games i play. Of course they sometimes don't care, too, but they never walked away because i liked video games.

Me55enger:
This is why, while I own an actual copy of Bloodhound Gang's Hooray for Boobies, I do not have it on my ipod.

Does this actually work as a method of attracting girls? I always got riled by my generation wearing these things as a way to avoid human interaction.

Now excuse me as I listen to the BBC Radio 4 comedy and then possibly the Archers.

EDIT: As an experiment, I shuffled my ipod. Late night - Foals to A Million Miles - Prophets. I'm cool now, right? Right?

If she doesn't love "A Lapdance is so Much Better When The Stripper is Crying" then she's not a girl I'm interested in. ;)

Yuuki:
For those who don't know what Panty and Stocking theme is, it's basically the 30 second opening song of this anime:

Oh my god, that's an actual thing?! I thought it was just a joke!

Oh Japan, we can't take you anywhere!

Funny story, I DL'd a bunch of historic speeches for cutting up and using as samples. Imagine my delight as, during a party, Hitler started loudly informing everyone of the need to eliminate the Jews in Europe.

Capitano Segnaposto:
Huh.
It is also for that reason that I want to punch people that refuse to say that their hobby is "video games" in this day and age.

It would be nice if video games were always just as acceptable as other hobbies, but its just not true. When it comes to relationships you are probably better off being honest, but (unless you work somewhere awesome) I wouldn't talk about videogames at your job.

I am sometimes asked by my teachers what my hobbies are. Usually when I say videogames, they look next to suprised. This is why for people I don't know, I don't mention stuff they may not understand.

Also, I just remembered I need to stock up on non videogame and anime related songs.....

Who needs shuffle, when you can just listen to hour-long sets?

Andy Shandy:
Ah, something everybody can relate to.

Have a few friends over, rocking out to various songs and then the "Curse of the Shuffle" strikes and...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I'll remember that in the future... XD
Like 60 of the songs on my iPod are kpop...
Luckily I have a few friends who actually like K-Pop... But most of my friends would probably be like "O_o... WTF?"
:P
But then again it might be a good way to introduce people to GG, Let's make S♥NES of them All!! >:D

I had a friend take my headphones away and be like "what are you listening to?" she put them on her head. The song that was playing was "Fack" by Eminem...

Could have been worse. You could have been listening to Podtoid.

I don't think there's any way to explain what Podtoid is without sounding like a serial killer.

Suddenly the thread shifted into "Who knows the most embarrassing music" competition.

I don't have a good enough mix of music on my player that even I would want to put it on shuffle. I'm not sure I ever will. The idea that you can dump your entire collection into a bin and say "surprise me" is a completely foreign concept to me.

I would make fun of this guy, but my favorite playlist is the boss themes from Metal Gear Rising, so I don't exactly have a leg to stand on.

As someone who actually has the Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt OST on my phone, now I'm worried this might actually happen to me.

could someone please fill me in on the relation the title has to the comic. I would appreciate it.

I have this problem with the copious amounts of Zelda on my ipod. I think I fixed it by ticking the 'skip when shuffling' box in itunes on all of it. Sure, it means I listen to less Zelda, but is that an entirely bad thing? Especially when you consider that I just love to put my ipod on at parties (yes I'm one of those people).

ZeroAE:
At least its not Juice.
I'm even afraid of posting a link of the "song".

Heh so true, I got the album and that's the only song from it that I did NOT transfered into my Ipod!

Eric the Orange:
could someone please fill me in on the relation the title has to the comic. I would appreciate it.

A magnet for cats would be a cat magnet. Think of a colloquial name for "cat".

Whenever people ask me what song I'm listening to I always tell them it's music from a video game or an anime. That usually gets them to stop prying...I'm gonna be lonely for a while. XD
Anyway, I've not had an instance like that before, but probably the worst song on my iPod would have to be either Baka Survivor or Wild Challenger from Bobobo-bo-bobobo which I have no shame of having on my iPod. XP

Mainly the artist that can be found mostly on my iPod are Yoko Shimomura, Soichi Terada, the many artists for the Sonic games, DHS7's many remixes, ArcanaAaron, KWTheAcer, and Sasukeshika stuff. :P

castlewise:

Capitano Segnaposto:
Huh.
It is also for that reason that I want to punch people that refuse to say that their hobby is "video games" in this day and age.

It would be nice if video games were always just as acceptable as other hobbies, but its just not true. When it comes to relationships you are probably better off being honest, but (unless you work somewhere awesome) I wouldn't talk about videogames at your job.

Ehh, it's not that that unacceptable, just be honest period. Games get millions of sales it's not that unlikely that someone else in that building is also a gamer.

Andy Shandy:

Have a few friends over, rocking out to various songs and then the "Curse of the Shuffle" strikes and...

Are you kidding? That's the song I open with.

See, now I've realised this would probably happen to me, and now I has a sad. Thanks.

I believe the lesson here is: Timing is everything. And use the pause button, Luke.

Reading what I'd read in this thread... I think I'm broken.

Someone asks me what I like? I tell them. I don't care if they are a sports nerd or a 90 year old woman.

I don't care what people think of me enough to lie about anything.

Andy Shandy:

Hahaha, died laughing reading this comment. Half my friends would go "now THIS is party music!" and the other half would just give me a blank confused stare as I went "don't judge me you know I'm a nerd XP" I suppose it all depends on who you're with.

For the love of God. Organize your playlists... Hehehe.
I love Cage the Elephant.

Zykon TheLich:
Funny story, I DL'd a bunch of historic speeches for cutting up and using as samples. Imagine my delight as, during a party, Hitler started loudly informing everyone of the need to eliminate the Jews in Europe.

You are a genius. I shall now do that myself!
And watch the mayhem unfold.

Yuuki:

In his defence, it's really funky.

The Hungry Samurai:

Me55enger:
This is why, while I own an actual copy of Bloodhound Gang's Hooray for Boobies, I do not have it on my ipod.

If she doesn't love "A Lapdance is so Much Better When The Stripper is Crying" then she's not a girl I'm interested in. ;)

Times new roman, you know the type?

I recall from my A-level days girls would giggle maniacally at The Bad Touch. To be honest I feel the rest of the album is on a far more mature level.

He says, his tongue in his cheek.

Irridium:

I don't think there's any way to explain what Podtoid is without sounding like a serial killer.

I can just imagine it now.

"...And then I'll shove it up your arse Jonathan! And then while I'm doing that, Conrad will prepare the tazers!"

And then the person you let listen to it turns and runs.

I love the face the guy makes in the last panel. I can't help but get the feeling he realized too late that the music changed and is now just flat out enjoying the awkwardness of the situation.

Hey, it COULD have been worse:

'Fly Away' gots nothing on Scanty & Kneesocks theme.

Andy Shandy:

Irridium:

I can just imagine it now.

"...And then I'll shove it up your arse Jonathan! And then while I'm doing that, Conrad will prepare the tazers!"

And then the person you let listen to it turns and runs.

Right after kneeing me in the happy-sack. To be fair, it would be their right.

I dont get the "shuffle" function in the first place. It totally kills the mood of any album. If Panty&Stocking is followed by Enio Morricone, which is followed by Jedi Mind Tricks you cant have a good listening experience. Not only can it happen, that you destroy concept albums, but you also give your brain no amount of time to change from one mood to another.

€dit: and Juice would be worse^^

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or