Escapist News Now: The LEGO Movie Videogame SDCC 2013

The LEGO Movie Videogame SDCC 2013

Andrea Rene checks out the LEGO Movie Videogame, based on the upcoming LEGO Movie! It's LEGO-Ception!

Watch Video

I really wish they made a LEGO game with completely different mechanics at least once. Aside from some additions and different environments, this has the exact same gameplay as the past LEGO games. You get four lives, you collect studs for points, losing all lives causes you to die and drop studs, and you build stuff using pieces either lying on the ground or dropped from destroyed objects. Oh sure, there's humor in each one, but it's not going to help when the game itself is repetitive.

Though I am crossing my fingers for both LEGO DC and Marvel characters to appear together.

I want a HD Lego Creator please.

Ldude893:
I really wish they made a LEGO game with completely different mechanics at least once. Aside from some additions and different environments, this has the exact same gameplay as the past LEGO games. You get four lives, you collect studs for points, losing all lives causes you to die and drop studs, and you build stuff using pieces either lying on the ground or dropped from destroyed objects. Oh sure, there's humor in each one, but it's not going to help when the game itself is repetitive.

Though I am crossing my fingers for both LEGO DC and Marvel characters to appear together.

If it's any consolation the older Lego games were different. You had Lego Island, Lego Island 2, Legoland, Lego Racer, Lego Alpha Team, Lego Roco, etc. Each of those had different gameplay and were fun. Only problem with it nowadays is that newer computers can't run a lot of the Lego games and a lot of them don't have support on VirtualPC or DosBox when I try to run my discs. T^T

OT: This looks interesting to me as I've always loved Legos and the Lego games have always had a certain charm to them.

Ldude893:

Im with you, that Wii U Lego game looked cool and did have some cool features but even then I think that they could go a bit further.

I get that Lego games are for the whole family but the gameplay is such a no brainer, its always the same. Spyro and Crash Bandicoot did great with kids and still managed to make their brains tickle a bit.

Neronium:

If it's any consolation the older Lego games were different. You had Lego Island, Lego Island 2, Legoland, Lego Racer, Lego Alpha Team, Lego Loco, etc. Each of those had different gameplay and were fun. Only problem with it nowadays is that newer computers can't run a lot of the Lego games and a lot of them don't have support on VirtualPC or DosBox when I try to run my discs. T^T

OT: This looks interesting to me as I've always loved Legos and the Lego games have always had a certain charm to them.

I've managed to get all of those (except Legoland which I don't own) to function on a modern PC without any sort of emulator, though some of them needed an additional .dll or compatibility modification. There is a modding community called Rock Raiders United, that works with classic LEGO games, they could certainly help you out if you'd like it.

Alcom1:

Neronium:

If it's any consolation the older Lego games were different. You had Lego Island, Lego Island 2, Legoland, Lego Racer, Lego Alpha Team, Lego Loco, etc. Each of those had different gameplay and were fun. Only problem with it nowadays is that newer computers can't run a lot of the Lego games and a lot of them don't have support on VirtualPC or DosBox when I try to run my discs. T^T

I've managed to get all of those (except Legoland which I don't own) to function on a modern PC without any sort of emulator, though some of them needed an additional .dll or compatibility modification. There is a modding community called Rock Raiders United, that works with classic LEGO games, they could certainly help you out if you'd like it.

I've been trying Legoland for a while now. Problem with it is that Legoland is a 32-bit game with a 16-bit installer for some strange reason. Makes no sense to me at all. If you could PM me that community that'd be great because I love Legoland and if I could record it for the site I'm partnered with then I'd be happy. I sadly can't find my Lego Island 1 or 2, but I have the program disc that you can get with Lego Island 1 when it's the later version. The main problem though is because I'm on a 64-bit computer.

Neronium:

Alcom1:

Neronium:

I've been trying Legoland for a while now. Problem with it is that Legoland is a 32-bit game with a 16-bit installer for some strange reason. Makes no sense to me at all. If you could PM me that community that'd be great because I love Legoland and if I could record it for the site I'm partnered with then I'd be happy. I sadly can't find my Lego Island 1 or 2, but I have the program disc that you can get with Lego Island 1 when it's the later version. The main problem though is because I'm on a 64-bit computer.

http://www.rockraidersunited.org/topic/4476-how-to-install-legoland-on-a-64-bit-computer/#entry93047

Saw that topic, and remembered this topic. This should work.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here