Jimquisition: Sequel or Slaughter

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

As good of an argument as Jim makes on this, I think using a single person's words from Ubisoft - employer of several thousand - reveals an overblown reaction. Ubisoft gave us Farcry3: Blood Dragon, that breath of fresh air Rayman Legends, and I Am Alive very recently is proof they are still a net good despite a few immature heads at the top not understanding the nature of the beast and the difference between respecting a medium and devouring all of it for themselves. A slip of ignorance isn't a record, just a slip.

God I hate people who always ask for sequels. It's usually extremely obvious when a game series should be plain over, whether its one game or not. The problem is, they want a return to that game they found awesome. Your just asking for your perfectly done tale you loved so much to be extended and ruined. Hell, why do people do this with EVERYTHING for fuck sake.

How many times have I seen anime where people have said "WE NEED A SECOND SEASON" for example with Mirai Nikki or the Future Diary. It ends with every person the protagonist was supposed to kill dead, and him crowned god of time and space, just as the entire show was leading up to. It then got an OVA to fix up unsolved plot lines. (I'd spoiler tag that, but it'd be like saying its a spoiler then in Great Teacher Onizuka he does in fact make his entire class like him) It literally could not possibly continue anymore. Why the fuck would you want a sequel!? It was my favorite anime of all time too! I want my fantastic ending to remain exactly that! AN ENDING.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here