Movie Trailers: Ender's Game - Comic-Con Trailer

Ender's Game - Comic-Con Trailer

Remember the brave fallen that have come before you.

Watch Video

Remember the homophobic bigot who wrote the book, who has a producer's credit and who WILL profit if this movie makes money, and vow to boycott it.

EDIT tidied and linkified post

Andrew_C:
Remember the homophobic bigot who wrote the book, who has a producer's credit and who WILL profit if this movie makes money, and vow to boycott it.

EDIT tidied and linkified post

Let's also remember all the people who construct the sets, the actors, the engineers, the sound techs, the director, screenwriters, producers, all the people working on the movie, as well as all the merchants, vendors, and all those who live where the movie will be shot who will benefit from having that movie there. And future installments if the movie's a hit. So much for the whole "being better" than some guy who has an unpopular opinion about something, let's go ahead and financially punish hundreds, if not thousands, of people who will benefit from the movie just because you and other disagree with how the guy thinks and spends his own money...none of which goes toward physically harming or causing damage to people other than hurt feelings, merely making his beliefs known.

Still rather miffed they got a British guy to play a Maori guy. What about the number of talented Maori? What about Temuera Morrison? He'd just beat Ender into making some eggs.

<<

Yeah...rather butthurt over it. And while it does seem like a mad film, I highly doubt it will contain the massive level of adult manipulation against child stuff that was in the books. Also makes me wonder whether Peter and Valentine will be the political shit-storms they were in the books, and not just "Look Ender, you have a family to fight for against teh alienz!".

But I'd much rather be wrong and the movie be exactly like the book. Including the shower scene two thirds through.

LysanderNemoinis:

Let's also remember all the people who construct the sets, the actors, the engineers, the sound techs, the director, screenwriters, producers, all the people working on the movie, as well as all the merchants, vendors, and all those who live where the movie will be shot who will benefit from having that movie there. And future installments if the movie's a hit. So much for the whole "being better" than some guy who has an unpopular opinion about something, let's go ahead and financially punish hundreds, if not thousands, of people who will benefit from the movie just because you and other disagree with how the guy thinks and spends his own money...none of which goes toward physically harming or causing damage to people other than hurt feelings, merely making his beliefs known.

This is not "some guy who has an unpopular opinion". This is a man who has has written about his disappointment that homosexuality is not a crime in the US. A man who sits on the board of the National Organisation for Marriage, a homophobic organisation that campaigns against equal rights for homosexuals.

The cast and crew get paid whether the movie succeeds or fails. I would not be sad if the studio makes a loss, they chose to make the movie.

One of my favorite sci-fi novels. Really hope this doesn't get Green Lantern'd.

Andrew_C:

LysanderNemoinis:

This is not "some guy who has an unpopular opinion". This is a man who has has written about his disappointment that homosexuality is not a crime in the US. A man who sits on the board of the National Organisation for Marriage, a homophobic organisation that campaigns against equal rights for homosexuals.

The cast and crew get paid whether the movie succeeds or fails. I would not be sad if the studio makes a loss, they chose to make the movie.

But at the end of the day, it's still just opinions. That group can try all they like to stop gays from marrying (the only thing they could really achieve), but making homosexuality a crime isn't going to happen - it just isn't. Well, unless we elect a muslim for president. Then there's a chance, but hopefully that will never happen. Just because you don't like what someone believes doesn't automatically make their works bad, or mean they should be boycotted despite so many others being involved (who probably believe the same as you do). I mean, I pronounce the word "communist" with the same tone of voice I'd say "tapeworm," but that doesn't stop me from coming to The Escapist because they employ Josh Vanderwall.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here