Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: Pipes of Passion

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Pipes of Passion

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

I think that's probably the best argument for not getting Animal Crossing.

Damn Yahtzee's was daaaaaark.
I think it puts up an argument that you shouldn't leave your DS on a bus.
And leave your town for a long while. :P

I liked the dark room in Jim's with the light from the iPad on his face.
eerie yet aweeeeeeesome~

Both were dark yet ... well ... yeah.
It's no contest that I can say this.
They both rock!

And oh Jim ... you at the end. Thumbs up.

Yahtzee, great as always. That game always makes me feel guilty if I neglect it for more than a day or two.

Jim, that was a bit crude for me and not funny. Which is sad cause I usually love you.

That was needlessly disturbing Jim.

Mario's 'teardrop' fluid becomes more disturbing at the conclusion of the story...

So, why would Mr. Sterling want to kill Mario/Nintendo? Because of Animal crossing too? Or is there something else?

I really liked Yahtzee's! Reminds me on the gamecube Animal Crossing when I booted up my town like 1 year and 2 months later, it was crazy in there!

Jim's was just... messed up :P. But I want to know what happens next!

VMK:
So, why would Mr. Sterling want to kill Mario/Nintendo? Because of Animal crossing too? Or is there something else?

Mario was screwing his wife.

...Giving a whole new meaning to the term "1-up."

OH GOD, JIM'S PART, THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL.
THAT WAS POETRY.
Bravo.

Nice joke at the end Yahtzee, didn't see it coming.

Jim......You do know you left your DNA ALL over the crime scene, right?
Also, There's more?! 0_o Oh, God no......

Damnit, now all I can see is that image of Jim in his boxers on an exercise bike, raging at how he's been betrayed by the Red Plumber.

Jim seems to have unfortunately regained some of his sanity.
I liked his one from last week more. The rampant lunacy of that one combined with its cheerfulness was completely messed up.
This one was darker and slightly less mad. But also good.

And Yahtzee, what can we say about that. It is "as expected" I would say.

Don't worry Yahtzee, you can turn the town around in 24 hours, the residents will forgive you, even the acid scarred ones!

Jim's flow sounded kind of cheerful while the content was dark, the combination made it very creepy.

Zachary Amaranth:

VMK:

Yes, I've heard that. But who IS this wife? Or there is no metaphore and I am overthinking?

The most disturbing thing about that was yahtzee's receding hairline, though it does make him a little more human to us mortals. Jim remains cryptic (or, more accurately, nonsensical) as ever.

VMK:

Zachary Amaranth:

VMK:

Yes, I've heard that. But who IS this wife? Or there is no metaphore and I am overthinking?

Based on last week, I'd say Miltank...

-Dragmire-:

VMK:

Zachary Amaranth:

Based on last week, I'd say Miltank...

Oh MY GOD! That makes perfect sense! Damn you, Mario, you japanese-italian bastard!

The other day I booted up the original Gamecube Animal Crossing after neglecting it for over eight years. I was disappointed at the lack of devastation I was expecting. Other than the creepy, stalker-ish messages from the townsfolk ("It's been 493 weeks since you last talked to me. I was beginning to wonder if you hate me."), it's pretty much the same as if you left the game for a few weeks. No massive fields of weeds, no cockroach armies, even my gold statue was still sparkling when I emerged into the sun. My favorite one was talking to someone I had promised to deliver an item to. He was disappointed that I was a little late, but was still happy I finished the job. One would think that after eight years, he would just go get it himself.

Is it just me or is Jim's "Lets unsettle all the viewers" shtick getting a lot more crude lately? Jimquisition has also been more crude, less normal-awkward.

TiberiusEsuriens:
Is it just me or is Jim's "Lets unsettle all the viewers" shtick getting a lot more crude lately? Jimquisition has also been more crude, less normal-awkward.

I'm guessing you don't listen to the fantastic podtoid. Everything Jim does on the escapist is pretty tame compared to that podcast each week.

Another Wednesday, another great round of poems! Plus a second part poem to look forward too, I wonder how the story with end. Great job Jim and Yahtzee.

My god Jim, I never thought I would ever see the day,
that Mario's stint with Paula had such a big effect,
thus Luigi's mind in his grief would truly run away,
To kill his brother in cold blood and then set his pipe erect.

Listening to Yahtzee talk about his neglected town,
Reminded me of how Alex Hobbs would think that would go down:

http://www.wanderlustkid.com/comic/the-fruits-of-negligence/

If I remember correctly in one of the games or the series(?) Peach was delivered to her spouse after Mario saved her, so maybe it's that. not so sure about it...

VMK:

Zachary Amaranth:

VMK:

Hell if I know. I just wanted to make a 1-Up joke.

I think you are overthinking, though.

You got issues Jim, serious issues. Also, when is the next Podtoid coming?

TiberiusEsuriens:

Yeah. I LOVE the Jimquisition when he's just contributing something awesome and thoughtful (the Dark Souls sales expectations episode, the pasta sauces episode), but after the gag with his copy of Dynasty Warrior, and then this, I'm beginning to think I need to avoid his work. I REALLY wish the Rhymedown was split into two parts, as I LOVE Yahtzee's poems every single week, but dislike the majority of Jim's.

To paraphrase someone in the Facebook comments thread (yeah, sorry, not attaching my real name to breaking Mario's neck and splooging all over his house), crude can be funny when done well, but this isn't done well - it's just crude.

Meanwhile, instead of taking the criticism thoughtfully, I'm sure he'll just tell us to fuck off.

Tanneseph:
Meanwhile, instead of taking the criticism thoughtfully, I'm sure he'll just tell us to fuck off.

Nah, I'm gonna tell you to fuck off simply because you assumed that's what I'd do.

Far be it from me to disappoint.

Everything is going to be okay, okay. Okay.

Okay.

Okay.

Pipes of Passion Pt. II will clear everything up and blow your mind with it's intelligence and insightfulness, surely.

TiberiusEsuriens:

I'm going to take it that you've never read/listened/watched...well, any of Jim's other stuff. This is vanilla for the stuff that the Shattered are used to on Podtoid, even if it was a little dark.

Anyway, I enjoyed them both - like I do each week - so keep up the good work, Jim and Yahtzee.

Yahtzee, yours was brilliant. Grim and depressing right up until the end, at which I burst out laughing.

Jim...It started okay, but It soon sounded more like something out of fanfiction.net or a Cavia game. I'm willing to see how you conclude it.

Yahtzee's was funny because it's completely true, well except for the acid.

I'm gonna go laugh at a mirror now.

Jimothy Sterling:

Tanneseph:

Nah, I'm gonna tell you to fuck off simply because you assumed that's what I'd do.

Far be it from me to disappoint.

Ahhh, but what if I -hadn't- assumed? What then, Sterling? WHAT THEN?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here