Feed Dump: Life Begins at Braaaaains

Life Begins at Braaaaains

Ever wonder what a cow palace is? Me neither.

Watch Video

I got the same first 3 Canadian bands that Kathleen mentioned, in that order, but yeah, wasn't going to get that French band. A friend took me to the Francofolie this year in Montreal and I'd never heard of any of the acts there. Although, I was assured that they were nationally famous.

Simon Leonhart:
I got the same first 3 Canadian bands that Kathleen mentioned, in that order, but yeah, wasn't going to get that French band. A friend took me to the Francofolie this year in Montreal and I'd never heard of any of the acts there. Although, I was assured that they were nationally famous.

"Nationally" meaning "Within the Independent Nation of Quebec, you filthy English swine".

OT: I'm still not clear on the whole Cow Palace thing. It's a big arena, and sometimes it's full of cows. Do they do other stuff there when it's not full of cows? Do the cows perform tricks, or race each other? How many people drink themselves into a stupor every night rather than go to the Cow Palace?

Cow Palace? I didn't know Anita Sarkeesian lived in Olds.

I just love my country sometimes. I like looking at cows!

I have been to Olds, I have scene the Cow Palace
There is really nothing in Olds

I was secretly expecting Nickelback to be the 4th act...

Couldn't Dubai just... I dunno... raise the wages or something? Or do people there already make tons of money?

And Olds sounds like a riveting place full of fun and excitement.

It must suck to live in Dubai if you've just had Liposuction. "Why? I could have made so much money!"

Why would you hunt an unmanned drone anyway? Free pizza?

Paul has been missing from Feed Dump for a while

Eleuthera:

Me too. Three great bands and then I figured it'd be them. I'm kinda curious now.

And Cow Palace. I can imagine the smell. University of Manitoba houses livestock, I grew up just a few minutes from the school. The smells...

If Ind

shrekfan246:
Couldn't Dubai just... I dunno... raise the wages or something? Or do people there already make tons of money?

I would recommend they spend the money on their transportation/traffic system and enforcement, driving in India is like playing fatal bumper cars and that's without mentioning the elephants on the road too.

Also a pimp cowboy hat is oddly appropriate, whoring and pimping was legal back then.

Angelous Wang:
If Ind

shrekfan246:

I would recommend they spend the money on their transportation/traffic system and enforcement, driving in India is like playing fatal bumper cars and that's without mentioning the elephants on the road too.

Also a pimp cowboy hat is oddly appropriate, whoring and pimping was legal back then.

Dubai isn't in India, it's a country in the UAE

Eleuthera:

Angelous Wang:
If Ind

shrekfan246:

Dubai isn't in India, it's a country in the UAE

... Somehow I got Delhi and Dubai mixed up. Dyslexic fuck up deploy.

Ok, I watched it twice. What's the 4th band? Don't make me interwebs it!!!

They're from Quebec which does narrow it down a bit, but I don't think Canada is cool enough to put VoiVod or The Arcade Fire on a stamp so I really have no clue.

Looking it up though the band is Beau Dommage... Okay I make it an effort to know as much about the music from my country, but I can say that I have never heard of this band.

As usual, Kathleen is a dud between Graham and the other guest. She needs someone to write her some material or something, because damn.

Frylock72:
As usual, Kathleen is a dud between Graham and the other guest. She needs someone to write her some material or something, because damn.

You should lay off the meth for a little while.

Beej is from Alberta?! Whaaaaaat? This changes.... well nothing really. Olds is well.. Olds.

I feel like that stinger should have been Beej saying that it was "Ploughed" into his bones. Think it would have made it that much better

Sorry but, as a lifetime resident of the San Francisco bay area, this is the Cow Palace:

Frylock72:

Allow me to disagree with your opinion. Especially the Kathleen/Alex combo.

You know what else Olds has? Gigabit fibre internet services, apparently.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/story/2013/07/17/technology-gigabit-internet-olds.html

Now they can watch cat videos at Ludicrous Speed. All the cats will have gone to plaid.

That hat was made for Jay Leno, hence the extra long cord for his massive moon shaped jaw. Also, I too was expecting Nickelback to appear on that list of Canadian bands and am still wondering what the 4th unknown "French" one is.

Eleuthera:

I was hoping, if only for the WTFery to follow. And maybe outrage. Could you imagine the outrage?

Crap...if I was living in Dubai and they decided to do this when I was sick and my weight had dropped to 130, I would have raked it in!

Frylock72:

I don't know "Da da da, du da du, the aristocrats!" absolutely killed me.

OlasDAlmighty:

I don't know "Da da da, du da du, the aristocrats!" absolutely killed me.

That pretty much did it for me too. But I guess a lot of people don't know what that's all about. How well known is the aristocrats-joke in the Anglo-American world?

DVS BSTrD:
Cow Palace? I didn't know Anita Sarkeesian lived in Olds.

*tweet* Offsides!

Gotta admit, I kinda dig how you don't even mention what the French band is. Though, I also wonder if you did mention it, and riffed on the name, but decided to leave that part out in the editing process.

So, Dubai has a lot of money, huh? How goes that cure for cancer research btw?

Also, that hat Graham was wearing would be PERFECT for Jay Leno. ... Is Jay Leno even relevant anymore?

Wasn't Dubai just recently bailed out from the brink of bankruptcy? It is still heavily indebited to Abu Dhabi.

Also, Kathleen was highly likeable this episode.

So it's TRUE what they say about horizontal stripes!

(.Y.) Gotta love'em!

The hat was originally designed for someone with a Bruce Campbell like jaw and chin.

"Plowing championship."

Yeah, I had the exact same thought too.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or