EXP: ScrewAttack's Death BATTLE! - Luke Skywalker vs. Harry Potter

ScrewAttack's Death BATTLE! - Luke Skywalker vs. Harry Potter

Star Wars VS J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter! Two heroes from two generations enter the ring, and only one will survive!

Watch Video

The Magic is strong with you Potter ... but you are not a Wizard yet.

That was one of the coolest videos I have seen in a very long time.

Wish they'd show some more even matchups. Most of these are painfully easy to call from the start. "Hey, let's pit a strong human against a god and see what happens..."

Your path to the dark side is now complete Sith Lord Skywalker! Seriously? Force choke is a dark side power, and pretty much an extreme one. Using the force to tear the flesh from somebodies face apart is the very definition of the dark side of the force that Yoda tried to warn Luke about. And I would like to think that Luke would have a FEW more quibbles about killing a kid than his father had (hey, anakin, go kill those younglings... yes master, that sounds perfectly sane and reasonable).

This whole thing seems childish and stupid, yet I couldn't stop watching. The in-video ads killed it for me though.

Really, all this proved to me is that Luke has been in far better games over the years, due to the sprites used for the battle.

gim73:
Your path to the dark side is now complete Sith Lord Skywalker! Seriously? Force choke is a dark side power, and pretty much an extreme one. Using the force to tear the flesh from somebodies face apart is the very definition of the dark side of the force that Yoda tried to warn Luke about. And I would like to think that Luke would have a FEW more quibbles about killing a kid than his father had (hey, anakin, go kill those younglings... yes master, that sounds perfectly sane and reasonable).

It seems people always forget that we see Luke use force choke in Return of the Jedi, so it's not a stretch to say he'd do it here. Hell, he eventually uses a variation of force lightning later on in his life. Also, a rule of this series is that any qualms about killing are removed, so if he has the ability to do something, he'll do it.

gim73:
Force choke is a dark side power, and pretty much an extreme one. Using the force to tear the flesh from somebodies face apart is the very definition of the dark side of the force that Yoda tried to warn Luke about.

The scar-tearing was shatterpoint at work, actually. And Jedi using the Force to kill is pretty common. Any lightsaber duel involves heavy use of the Force. Merely using a power offensively does not lead one to the dark side. Otherwise every Jedi in the franchise ever would have fallen to the dark side.

Signa:
The in-video ads killed it for me though.

I am probably really annoying people right now but I do not much care, the ads are contractual left overs from when the video was made nearly 2 years ago. They do not do it in any of their newer episodes

but as far as I know they cannot remove it from their earlier episodes.

JarinArenos:
Wish they'd show some more even matchups. Most of these are painfully easy to call from the start. "Hey, let's pit a strong human against a god and see what happens..."

If you actually go to the website and see the full list, there are some pretty good match-ups. Wonder Woman vs Rogue, Batman vs Spiderman, and I thought the Kratos vs Spawn one was a pretty good one. I was actually a bit surprised at Cloud vs Link, but I think they cheated on that one.

They've even got a Goomba vs Koopa Troopa video. :3

gim73:

One thing to keep in mind is that the force is like any other tool or weapon: none of the powers are inherently good or evil but rather depend on how the user uses them. Granted, Force Choke and Lightning and such are pretty specific Kill Thy Enemy powers, but any force user can use any force power. During the "research" section of the episode, it even shows the clip from Return of the Jedi where Luke uses Force Choke on the pig-guards in Jabba's Palace. You can even look to KotOR and see that your light-sider character can still use the "dark-sider" powers, it just costs more to do it. Beyond that is the whole fact that Luke "Is the one to bring balance to the Force", I'd imagine that means he's got a "balanced" inventory of "light side" and "dark side" powers at his disposal.

As for Luke's morality, the entire point of the series is having combatants fight to the death regardless of their canonical personalities. There's a Free-For-All that pits the Ninja Turtles against one another, for example, and I doubt that'd ever actually happen.

gim73:

If you read the credits, it mentions that they remove a characters restrictions about killing.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here