Miracle of Sound: Beneath the Black Flag (Assassin's Creed IV)

Beneath the Black Flag (Assassin's Creed IV)

YO-HO! YO-HO! We row beneath the black flag.

Watch Video

I always thought there should be more high-energy Pirate Metal, Loved it!

Keep up the kickass work!

I thought Black Flag wasn't out till October?

You must really look forward to that game if you make a song about it after just a few trailers and a quarter hour of gameplay.
I know I do.

Also, this is by far my favourite song out of the last months.

Another great song, Gavin. I personally think this is your best since Level 3 came out. There is a fantastic energy to the song. By the way, good job for making me even more excited for the game.

Keep up the good work.

I did quite enjoy that, though unfortunately Gavin, as much as I always love your work, I do have to say there's no beating Alestorm at their own game.:P For they have Keelhauled!:

The song does heavily remind me of a softer version of them though. :D

Still as awesome as when I listened to it 50+ times last week on youtube! :D

this song got me more excited for this game than any of the trailers thus far have.

elvor0:
I did quite enjoy that, though unfortunately Gavin, as much as I always love your work, I do have to say there's no beating Alestorm at their own game.:P For they have Keelhauled!:

I do think Gav has cited Alestorm as one of the influences in making this song, tho. Also, since it's a pirate video game metal song, I found it to be closer to the other pirate video game metal song:

Eeeexcellent! A video to go with the song!
Reminds me of the theme tune for Crimson Skies (in a good way)

Listened to this 20+ times, this coupled with the demo demonstration has got me so pumped for the game :)

I want to share this with everyone I know, but none of the play Assassin's Creed(or like metal in any way) :(
Also, nice use of a callback :)

MiracleOfSound:
Snip

This is a great theme for the game, well done Gavin. Out of curiosity, being one of the big video content makers on this site, how is it you put them up on YouTube early? Wouldn't that detrimental to the site?

chozo_hybrid:

MiracleOfSound:
Snip

This is a great theme for the game, well done Gavin. Out of curiosity, being one of the big video content makers on this site, how is it you put them up on YouTube early? Wouldn't that detrimental to the site?

It's kind of the other way around really. My songs themselves are 100% independent, as is the MOS brand and name - I own them and all the rights to them.

Certain songs are Escapist focused, such as the next one (Pacific Rim) and the video is made by Justin and posted here the same day as YT or before YT. Some of the videos I make independently myself, such as this one.

But because we have a good relationship together and because more shares/views is always a good thing for us both, I also send over my Youtube-first videos to the Escapist to post on the site too if they like them and feel they'd be a good addition to the regular content.

My relationship with the Escapist is less 'Let's be totally exclusive and restrictive together' and more 'hey let's share content & generate lots of extra views together because it benefits us both'

Hope that answers your question!

MiracleOfSound:
Snip.

That does, thanks for taking the time to answer that one :D I figured it must be something like that, but you can never be sure until you ask. I look forward to the Pacific Rim one, I take it you liked the film then :D

YO-HO! YO-HO! We sing beneath the Gav flag!

Is it me, or does this new assassin just not seem to give a fuck compared to the previous ones? Everything he does just seems so nonchalant, that casual step from one mast to another, the double assassination of the two snipers in the crow's nest... just another days work for a pirate-ninja-assassin?

Great song. The only thing I'm waiting on now is a Spotify release so I can listen to it at work.

Seriously Gav, your songs get better and better and catchier and catchier. I don't know why companies haven't approached you for you to advertise their products as this makes me want to play the game (and I will be disappointed as this song is not in it). Keep up the excellent work.

Love the style of this one, keep up the awesomeness!

Again another awesome song, and enjoying the call back to other songs with the bioshock infinite and now this with justice runs in crimson rivers.

Very good. Much more high-energy and awesome than the last song. You may have outdone Alestorm with this. Excellent job.

incidentally, did i detect a little Finntroll influence in your use of the harmonica?

Love it. I can tell you had a lot of fun making this.

one of their best songs yet, pity they reused the 'justice runs in crimson rivers' line from the last asscred song.

TheCaptain:

elvor0:

I do think Gav has cited Alestorm as one of the influences in making this song, tho. Also, since it's a pirate video game metal song, I found it to be closer to the other pirate video game metal song:

With that number of adjectives, I'm rather surprised there are two of them.

Also you guys made me listen to Alestrom, I can't thank you enough for that. =)

Gavin... seriously... my wallet canna take the stress!

All these songs keep making me want the games you use as the subject.

Just kidding, keep murdering my wallet. I didn't mind the Steam Sales, so I sure don't mind you taking your +5 Dagger of Monetary Redirection and jamming it right into my wallet in exchange for awesome music.

Oh hell yes Gav! Finally you have blessed me with a song to blast on field day when I have to go back to my ship that is thematically appropriate. Keep on rocking Gavin. Love the new track!

talker:
one of their best songs yet, pity they reused the 'justice runs in crimson rivers' line from the last asscred song.

That's a technique I use to link songs together about the same subject matter. It divides opinion but most people like it and I like it myself :)

AndrewJamesDrake:
Gavin... seriously... my wallet canna take the stress!

All these songs keep making me want the games you use as the subject.

Tell the devs that! :D

Pirates always wins, great job.

Now I really want a good ol' fashioned pirate game, with myths and monsters, but without being shackled to the Assassins'/Assassin's Creed franchise.

\m/ Hell of a song, Gavin! You don't care that a game's out yet before you make a kick-ass song out of it.

I'm not normally fond of metal, but I keep replaying this one again and again.

I think this game has potential to become the best one out of the series yet. well done lads!

As a man of Nova Scotia, I love this! Awesome job. Went straight to iTunes.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here